Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Titans sign former Jets, Chiefs DL Ropati Pitoitua
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Titans sign former Jets, Chiefs DL Ropati Pitoitua Reply with quote

Quote:
The #Titans have agreeed to terms with former Chiefs DL Ropati Pitoitua

http://twitter.com/jwyattsports/statuses/316226738998870016
Tom Brady Tribute
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid signing. Chiefs fans said he was a solid 3-4 DE last year. Wonder if we'll experiment more with a 3-4 D. The more I look him up, he seems very athletic for his size. His body type sure isn't sloppy. I think Millard could make him into a good rotation piece. Sadly I think we might pass on DT in the draft after this signing.

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones

Last edited by ttitansfan4life on Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
“@jwyattsports: Pitoitua is the 10th addition in free agency. He's a 6-8, 315-pounder who can play inside and outside on defensive line”

Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
lamont

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Solid signing. Chiefs fans said he was a solid 3-4 DE last year. Wonder if we'll experiment more with a 3-4 D. The more I look him up, he seems very athletic for his size. His body type sure isn't sloppy. I think Millard could make him into a good rotation piece. Sadly I think we might pass on DT in the draft after this signing.

I am not really familiar with the guy, but his measureables jump out at you and he is athletic for his size. I think that DT is off the table at #10. They are definately going RG, DB or DE in the 1st now. I wanted Star, but I will settle for a RG now in the 1st. Maybe they will use Pitoitua at DE to stop the run on early downs and free up Wimbley to rush the passer on passing downs and long yardage situations? This guy is big enough and athletic enough to set the edge in the run game opposite Morgan on early downs. Cool

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

I am not really familiar with the guy, but his measureables jump out at you and he is athletic for his size. I think that DT is off the table at #10. They are definately going RG, DB or DE in the 1st now. I wanted Star, but I will settle for a RG now in the 1st. Maybe they will use Pitoitua at DE to stop the run on early downs and free up Wimbley to rush the passer on passing downs and long yardage situations? This guy is big enough and athletic enough to set the edge in the run game opposite Morgan on early downs. Cool

Yea I wanted Star or Richardson so bad. I think RG, DE, CB, or WR will be the pick in the 1st. DE could possibly be taken out as well because Ropati will mostly play DE and we still have last years 7th round pick Scott Solomon and they resigned Keyunta Dawson so I think they'll wait to add a DE in the later rounds. RG, CB, or WR will be the pick at 10 in my opinion. Dee Milliner please although I still believe that this is a great class of CBs. The depth is crazy. We could wait on CB too after just drafting Sensabaugh in the 4th last year. So many different directions. Hurry up and get here draft.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
lamont

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
lamont wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

Yea I wanted Star or Richardson so bad. I think RG, DE, CB, or WR will be the pick in the 1st. DE could possibly be taken out as well because Ropati will mostly play DE and we still have last years 7th round pick Scott Solomon and they resigned Keyunta Dawson so I think they'll wait to add a DE in the later rounds. RG, CB, or WR will be the pick at 10 in my opinion. Dee Milliner please although I still believe that this is a great class of CBs. The depth is crazy. We could wait on CB too after just drafting Sensabaugh in the 4th last year. So many different directions. Hurry up and get here draft.

Now that you mention it, yeah I forgot about Solomon and Dawson. Also Ayers and Brown can rush the passer, so that takes DE off the table at #10. I am going with RG, CB then WR at #10. Warmack then Milliner, if they are both off the board then trade back. Peter King said on SI.Com this morning that Milliner's stock is sliding. I am not a big fan of drafting the guy at #10, but if he fell I guess I could roll with it.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
“@terrymc13: Signing of Pitoitua done in part because #Titans felt Derrick Morgan & Kamerion Wimbley played too many snaps and wore down vs. run last yr,”

Makes sense.

Quote:
“@jwyattsports: One of the reasons Pitoitua decided on the #Titans: He hit it off with defensive line coach Tracy Rocker during his visit”

Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
lamont

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Quote:
“@terrymc13: Signing of Pitoitua done in part because #Titans felt Derrick Morgan & Kamerion Wimbley played too many snaps and wore down vs. run last yr,”

Makes sense.

Just as I thought. He is going to play the run and free up Wimbley, Solomon, Ayers & company to rush the passer.

Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the signing the guys a house theres my depth i keep harping on. Again we still have the 10th pick we still could do a few things with it but looking like Warmack or Cooper will be the pick unless they feel theres good depth there and surprise us and take the best WR in the draft

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Shaun Phillips: 11 Tackles 7 Assist 2 Sack

Ropati Pitoitua: 12 Tackles 11 Assist 2 Sack
Dionysus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're doing a sh-t load of signings, but when are we going to start releasing some people? How much $$$ do we still have to work with?
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI for the Rotoworld lovers Laughing they said this signing wont help a bit

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Shaun Phillips: 11 Tackles 7 Assist 2 Sack

Ropati Pitoitua: 12 Tackles 11 Assist 2 Sack
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans fan 617 wrote:
FYI for the Rotoworld lovers Laughing they said this signing wont help a bit

They didn't exactly say that. They just said it wouldn't help the perimeter pass rush which I would tend to agree with.

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster RB/WR -- 9 CAR 29 YDS, 1 REC 17 YDS
2) Sammie Hill NT -- 2 TCK 1 SCK
justing101

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good depth signing.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm alright with it. Adds some more much needed size to the defensive line and a little depth at DE. Have to believe that we will see a lot of different defensive looks this year.
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contract update:

Quote:
Pitoitua's deal with the #Titans is worth roughly $1 million, though he could make more with incentives.

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster RB/WR -- 9 CAR 29 YDS, 1 REC 17 YDS
2) Sammie Hill NT -- 2 TCK 1 SCK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: