Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Smoke Thread: Draft Version
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
With Oakland releasing Tommy Kelly, I think it's officially a lock they draft a DT. Jacksonville can really influence the draft for us. If they take Geno, Philly would take Dion Jordan, which would mean we get Milliner. I am looking at potentially:

1. Joeckel
2. Smith
3. Floyd / Lotulelei
4. Jordan
5. Fisher

I think Joeckel is a lock, a DT at pick 3 is a lock and an OT at pick 5 is a lock

I'm reading that if Jacksonville doesn't draft Geno, Oakland will. Carson Palmer's base salary jumps from $825K to $13M this year.

The trade for Palmer went down about two and a half weeks before Reggie McKenzie was hired as GM, so no doubt he's looking to unload that contract before the salary escalates next year and his cap number goes from $15.3 to $17.3

DT is OAK's Plan B, IMO.

They will no doubt resort to it, because the new regime in Jacksonville isn't going to be saddled with Blaine Gabbert, and rightly so. He's been atrocious, and those weapons they have deserve better quarterbacking.

and KC is looking to trade back from #1....

could be some movement in the top, and I doubt Geno falls to past 6.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
With Oakland releasing Tommy Kelly, I think it's officially a lock they draft a DT. Jacksonville can really influence the draft for us. If they take Geno, Philly would take Dion Jordan, which would mean we get Milliner. I am looking at potentially:

1. Joeckel
2. Smith
3. Floyd / Lotulelei
4. Jordan
5. Fisher

I think Joeckel is a lock, a DT at pick 3 is a lock and an OT at pick 5 is a lock

I'm reading that if Jacksonville doesn't draft Geno, Oakland will. Carson Palmer's base salary jumps from $825K to $13M this year.

The trade for Palmer went down about two and a half weeks before Reggie McKenzie was hired as GM, so no doubt he's looking to unload that contract before the salary escalates next year and his cap number goes from $15.3 to $17.3

DT is OAK's Plan B, IMO.

They will no doubt resort to it, because the new regime in Jacksonville isn't going to be saddled with Blaine Gabbert, and rightly so. He's been atrocious, and those weapons they have deserve better quarterbacking.

I don't think he falls past 4. And for this, I am thankful.

Last edited by ditchdigger on Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total
candyman93

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

1. Joeckel
2. Smith
3. Floyd / Lotulelei
4. Jordan
5. Fisher

DT is OAK's Plan B, IMO.

Everybody and there mother wants to move back

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

should be interesting... always is.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Via the Twitters:

Quote:
Daniel Jeremiah thinks Dolphins could trade to get Lane Johnson. @Browns could be trading partner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

freakygeniuskid wrote:
Via the Twitters:

Quote:
Daniel Jeremiah thinks Dolphins could trade to get Lane Johnson. @Browns could be trading partner

if this happens Xavier Rhodes or Kenny Vacarro are my choices

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

ditchdigger

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
freakygeniuskid wrote:
Via the Twitters:

Quote:

Good choices at the moment. History favors Vacarro, as Lombardi drafted Huff out of Texas high in the 1st. Probably his most successful 1st round pick not named Sebastian Janikowski.

What's interesting is, due to a trade with the Bears, the Dolphins hold picks 77 and 82 in the 3rd round.

I would almost perfer those two picks in place of pick 42, even though the value chart favors pick 42.

or

?
shoffma1999

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
freakygeniuskid wrote:
Via the Twitters:

Quote:

If he were there, I would have to probably take Chance Warmack. I know he is an OG, but he will be a 10-15 year pro bowl/all pro caliber player. If we could then snag Barrett Jones in the 4th (falls due to injury); we would have the best offensive line in football for a solid 5-8 years. Weeden could definitely work behind that O-line, and it would give our WRs and TEs time to work deep down field.

- Props to 64 CHAMPS for the awesome sig -
mas_atc

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

freakygeniuskid wrote:
Via the Twitters:

Quote:

I could realistically see this happening to grab their new LT since the let Long go and have 2 second round picks.

Adopt A Brown
D'Qwell Jackson:
141 tackles 1.5 sacks 1 ff 1 fr 1 int 8 pd 4 qb hit
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shoffma1999 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
freakygeniuskid wrote:
Via the Twitters:

Quote:

If he were there, I would have to probably take Chance Warmack. I know he is an OG, but he will be a 10-15 year pro bowl/all pro caliber player. If we could then snag Barrett Jones in the 4th (falls due to injury); we would have the best offensive line in football for a solid 5-8 years. Weeden could definitely work behind that O-line, and it would give our WRs and TEs time to work deep down field.

Depending who you look at some people don't even have warmack as the best guard in the draft I have seen about 50/50 having cooper ahead of him

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

hornbybrown

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
shoffma1999 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
freakygeniuskid wrote:
Via the Twitters:

Quote:

Depending who you look at some people don't even have warmack as the best guard in the draft I have seen about 50/50 having cooper ahead of him

Isn't he meant to be dumber than Forest Gimp? Like full on potatoes dumb?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
freakygeniuskid wrote:
Via the Twitters:

Quote:

Good choices at the moment. History favors Vacarro, as Lombardi drafted Huff out of Texas high in the 1st. Probably his most successful 1st round pick not named Sebastian Janikowski.

What's interesting is, due to a trade with the Bears, the Dolphins hold picks 77 and 82 in the 3rd round.

I would almost perfer those two picks in place of pick 42, even though the value chart favors pick 42.

or

?

That is a tough call. I personally would probably go with the latter but I could certainly see how the former would be intriguing.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
shoffma1999 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
freakygeniuskid wrote:
Via the Twitters:

Quote:

I think its okay for guards to be potato dumb. Certainly don't want that at center but I think its least important at guard. He does have to have the ability to know his position, but I don't think you have to be all that smart to play guard in the NFL, heck I could probably do it and I don't know how to read or write, I can type though.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
shoffma1999 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
freakygeniuskid wrote:
Via the Twitters:

Quote:

I think its okay for guards to be potato dumb. Certainly don't want that at center but I think its least important at guard. He does have to have the ability to know his position, but I don't think you have to be all that smart to play guard in the NFL, heck I could probably do it and I don't know how to read or write, I can type though.

1. Rhodes
2. Warford

Dream come true.

MINGO ATE YO BABY!
candyman93

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
freakygeniuskid wrote:
Via the Twitters:

Quote:

If throw in some wildcards like Jamie Collins and a WR. If we got a 2nd rounder I'd love for our first 3 picks to look like this:

1. Xavier Rhodes
2. Jordan Poyer (I think he could be a beast at CB or FS)
3. A TE, maybe Kelce?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: