Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dumervil replacement
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How to replace Dumervil?
Dwight Freeney
24%
 24%  [ 8 ]
John Abraham
39%
 39%  [ 13 ]
Robert Ayers
12%
 12%  [ 4 ]
a rookie
15%
 15%  [ 5 ]
Jeremy Beal
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 33

broncos67

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just throwing Israel Idonije's name out there. Still available and not a bad rotational option.

Thanks, Tzimisce
hibdib31

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
I'd like Bjoern Werner or Damontre Moore.

Agreed x 1000

Just to note about a rookie coming in to replace Dumervil might not be a bad idea. Dumervil himself had 8.5 sacks in his rookie year. So, it is feasible that a rookie could come in and be productive.
Without a doubt. However I'd like to see the rookie beat out Freeney or Abraham first.

Remember that whilst Ayers is likely to be the starter at RE, this is a two-thirds nickel team, so the guy we bring in as the pass rusher will be on the field for a majority of snaps.

Wolfe played 933 snaps in his rookie year, so Denver has showed that they will put a rookie on the field to start. So if Denver is looking to hit again on a DE who they can get a high snap count starter out of, I think Damontre Moore is the guy. He has the best motor of the prospects valued around #28 and has gotten to the QB plenty on tape.
Winder23

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freeney will be in no hurry to get a deal signed. Alot of times guys will hold out until after the draft to see which teams will become desperate to fill a void.

IF we don't get him, I wouldn't worry all that much. There is a long time between now and September. Things sometimes have a way of working out.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
Just throwing Israel Idonije's name out there. Still available and not a bad rotational option.

Ive talked about him for months. Much better acquisition for this team than a Dwight Freeney IMO.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if Freeney wants $6MM, he needs to succumb to an incentive laden deal. If he can be Freeney of old and get 10+ sacks and 30+ tackle for the season....sure pay the $6MM.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Broncos could move in this direction?

https://www.facebook.com/BroncosPredominantlyOrange?ref=stream
broncos67

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna be completely honest with Elvis. I think after seeing Klis post the numbers and how we offered more over 1 and 3 years...I really just think he didn't wanna pay second fiddle to Von Miller. I know it seems weird because he'll go to Baltimore with Suggs, but he has the chance to be the man on that defense.

He'll never be that here.

Thanks, Tzimisce
AKRNA

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
I'm gonna be completely honest with Elvis. I think after seeing Klis post the numbers and how we offered more over 1 and 3 years...I really just think he didn't wanna pay second fiddle to Von Miller. I know it seems weird because he'll go to Baltimore with Suggs, but he has the chance to be the man on that defense.

There's that, plus he really can be more effective in a 3-4.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
broncos67 wrote:

There's that, plus he really can be more effective in a 3-4.

As much as the media blows it over, the Ravens are in a 4-3 base set more than theyre in a 3-4 base set.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
I wonder if Margus Hunt becomes a priority pick in the draft. Dude is 6'8"...if he cannot get to the QB on passing downs, he could certainly be there to bat balls down.

I hate Hunt. His technique is poor to put it mildly and while he is an athletic specimen, that doesn't make him a good football player. He struggled against poor competition, IMO, and he didn't do very well at the Senior Bowl when the better senior rookies were handling him. Buyer beware.

Thanks, Tzimisce
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
I wonder if Margus Hunt becomes a priority pick in the draft. Dude is 6'8"...if he cannot get to the QB on passing downs, he could certainly be there to bat balls down.

I hate Hunt. His technique is poor to put it mildly and while he is an athletic specimen, that doesn't make him a good football player. He struggled against poor competition, IMO, and he didn't do very well at the Senior Bowl when the better senior rookies were handling him. Buyer beware.

Most of his "bad tape" is when he was playing in the 3-4 and being asked to play as a DE and eat up blockers. His best performances, and one that he will excel at in the NFL, is in the 4-3.

Looking at SMU games, they rotated to a 4-man DL in passing situations. In this instances he moved to outside rusher, a prototypical 4-3 DE.

If you watch him eat up blockers of course he looks like crap. But when he plays a traditional DE in the 4-man DL, he looks REALLY good.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Margus Hunt will be 26 years old in July. I'm sorry but that along with his lackluster college production in a pretty weak conference makes him a pretty stupid pick. He will be much more effective in a 3-4 anyways.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"It's time for other guys to step up. Robert Ayers, Malik Jackson. It's time for No. 91 (Ayers) to step up. Robert Ayers is going to have a big year.''
-Vickerson

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/21948105/broncos-dt-on-dumervil-unbelievable-we-lost-elvis-this-way-

Seems like some on the team believe Ayers can step it up. I say focus on BPA in the draft, if that is a DE then great otherwise let later round DE compete and not pigeonhole the first round pick.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbronx42 wrote:
Margus Hunt will be 26 years old in July. I'm sorry but that along with his lackluster college production in a pretty weak conference makes him a pretty stupid pick. He will be much more effective in a 3-4 anyways.

You have it backwards. He was most effective in college in the 4-3 base DE position. He's very impressive in space where hes able to use his elite athleticism and strength.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A comparison of draftable pass-rushers:

http://thesidelineview.com/columns/nfl/metrics-breakdown-top-pass-rushers-tier-1

Carradine and Okafor look like they should be high on the Bronco's board.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: