Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Best Player Available
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
All they have stated is they draft BPA. They have never discussed their definition of BPA. He has further stated they dont draft specifically for need but they draft the BPA for the team. There is plenty of evidence that need factors into their definition of BPA as does scheme fit, versatility, etc. that's why they said best player available for the team.

That is incorrect.

They have stated "We will not draft for need, I think if you draft for need, you are trying to hit a moving target" and they have stated "we will not draft to fit scheme, we will get the best players in here and fit the scheme to their talents"

So no, "We draft BPA" is not all they said.

Once again, you can believe they are liars or try to fit what they do to what you want them to do, but the truth is they draft straight BPA regardless of position or scheme. Like I have said - they say it and it fits the eye test so I will take them for their word.

Really don't feel like any unresolved issues of mine if I face the truth whether I like it or not. It seems to me the one with issues would be the one trying to make others fit their view of the world.
WillieYoungSon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
SuhPLEX wrote:
I will be surprised if we draft a CB this year. We drafted 3 last year and have Houston
I'd be surprised if Greenwood makes the active roster, and Bentley was complete trash when he played. At this point, I'd say drafting a corner is a necessity.

If greenwood is healthy, he will play ahead of green and Bentley. He's a legit corner. We won't draft a corner.

Very good post once again mr franchise. I have to say I agree. If we would have been drafting this way before, we would have had a lot less problems
stylish313

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WillieYoungSon wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
SuhPLEX wrote:
I will be surprised if we draft a CB this year. We drafted 3 last year and have Houston
I'd be surprised if Greenwood makes the active roster, and Bentley was complete trash when he played. At this point, I'd say drafting a corner is a necessity.

If greenwood is healthy, he will play ahead of green and Bentley. He's a legit corner. We won't draft a corner.

Very good post once again mr franchise. I have to say I agree. If we would have been drafting this way before, we would have had a lot less problems
You know he's a legit corner because........he was a beast at Albion?

Not. If you're willing to bet on a small school project who couldn't make it on the field an entire season due to a stomach injury. ......I'd love to sit at your craps table at MGM, I'd side bet against you all day everyday.
LionsFan630

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
WillieYoungSon wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
SuhPLEX wrote:

Not. If you're willing to bet on a small school project who couldn't make it on the field an entire season due to a stomach injury. ......I'd love to sit at your craps table at MGM, I'd side bet against you all day everyday.

Gunther compared Greenwood to Brandon Carr so it sounds like there's some high expectations for him.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFan630 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
WillieYoungSon wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
SuhPLEX wrote:

Gunther compared Greenwood to Brandon Carr so it sounds like there's some high expectations for him.
Gunther also said that KVB was the best he had ever seen.......are really really gonna get excited about his expectations???
LionsFan630

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
LionsFan630 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
WillieYoungSon wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
SuhPLEX wrote:

Gunther also said that KVB was the best he had ever seen.......are really really gonna get excited about his expectations???

I'm not. Just saying don't be shocked if the Lions consider themselves set at CB and don't draft anyone significant.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
All they have stated is they draft BPA. They have never discussed their definition of BPA. He has further stated they dont draft specifically for need but they draft the BPA for the team. There is plenty of evidence that need factors into their definition of BPA as does scheme fit, versatility, etc. that's why they said best player available for the team.

That is incorrect.

They have stated "We will not draft for need, I think if you draft for need, you are trying to hit a moving target" and they have stated "we will not draft to fit scheme, we will get the best players in here and fit the scheme to their talents"

So no, "We draft BPA" is not all they said.

Once again, you can believe they are liars or try to fit what they do to what you want them to do, but the truth is they draft straight BPA regardless of position or scheme. Like I have said - they say it and it fits the eye test so I will take them for their word.

Really don't feel like any unresolved issues of mine if I face the truth whether I like it or not. It seems to me the one with issues would be the one trying to make others fit their view of the world.

Laughing like many things in life there are multiple interpretations of phrases and words.

I don't for a minute think they're liars. I think you have a far to narrow view of what BPA means and as I've pointed out on numerous occasions its the definition of BPA that needs to be understood.

There has also been ample evidence that BPA has a broader context than you're willing to recognize.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
WillieYoungSon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
WillieYoungSon wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
SuhPLEX wrote:

Greenwood is the most physically gifted of the three corners. He was simply just hurt all year. He will be the better one, youll just have to wait and see. He's no hard 8 bet, hes more like pass line odds.

Also, I'm not saying we shouldn't draft Milliner, although I believe there will be better players available. I like Milliner as a CB prospect, I just know the Lions won't draft him.
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
LionsFan630 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
WillieYoungSon wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
SuhPLEX wrote:

I think it was Suh he said that about. He probably said a lot of stuff about KVB too, though, and he's made a habit of spouting inordinate praise about several of his players.

I expect Greenwood to be a depth corner and possibly a gunner on special teams, mostly, but honestly our CB2 spot is very much in the air right now. Greenwood is in the mix, albeit he's most certainly the least-likely starter opposite Chris Houston.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for three years running!)
stylish313

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanFuller003 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
LionsFan630 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
WillieYoungSon wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
SuhPLEX wrote:

I think it was Suh he said that about. He probably said a lot of stuff about KVB too, though, and he's made a habit of spouting inordinate praise about several of his players.

I expect Greenwood to be a depth corner and possibly a gunner on special teams, mostly, but honestly our CB2 spot is very much in the air right now. Greenwood is in the mix, albeit he's most certainly the least-likely starter opposite Chris Houston.

Quote:
Detroit Lions assistant Gunther Cunningham: Kyle Vanden Bosch 'best player I've ever been around'

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2010/09/detroit_lions_kyle_vanden_bosc.html
Quote:
"I could go back through a list of players that I've coached, and they're all great, but I've never seen one like this. Ever.''

SuhPLEX

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
RyanFuller003 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
LionsFan630 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
WillieYoungSon wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
SuhPLEX wrote:

Quote:
Detroit Lions assistant Gunther Cunningham: Kyle Vanden Bosch 'best player I've ever been around'

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2010/09/detroit_lions_kyle_vanden_bosc.html
Quote:
"I could go back through a list of players that I've coached, and they're all great, but I've never seen one like this. Ever.''

He could be referring to work ethic and character and not so much talent... but if he is speaking about talent, then you're right; can't put much stock into him singing praises to his players

IDOG_det wrote:
I honestly wouldn't be upset if we draft 3 TE's

TE is the new QB Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: