You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Steelers would like to get deal done with RB Ahmad Bradshaw
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Steelers would like to get deal done with RB Ahmad Bradshaw Reply with quote

Quote:
Told Steelers brass would really like to sign RB Ahmad Bradshaw. Can say this: one of the toughest players I've been around

http://twitter.com/AKinkhabwala/statuses/317306199135641600

***Update***
Quote:
NFL.com's Aditi Kinkhabwala reported that Bradshaw is getting a physical from Pittsburgh Steelers doctors on Thursday.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000154964/article/ahmad-bradshaw-getting-a-physical-from-steelers?campaign=Twitter_atl
Tom Brady Tribute

Last edited by Billy Spikes on Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
wwhickok

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it! I hope it's breaking news on Sports Center in an hour when I get home from work!
armsteeld

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's make it happen Captain! I've always been a fan. I kinda wanted Brandon Jacobs because both players bring toughness and attitude. Hopefully, he will stay healthy.

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like it.

Flozell Adams-like kind of signing.

Wouldn't know if he'll become our "pro bowler" but I do see this as a solid signing.

My question being is... is this a hint of the direction steelers are going in draft?

For example, Lattimore won't be ready until next season or even so.

Maybe some youngsters like Jawan Jamison who probably isn't ready to play immediately?

I can't really see any worse scenario from this signing. Make it happen, Kevin!
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad.

I like Bradshaw...just not his health outlook. I dont usually like signing players that are pretty much guaranteed to be injured.

BUT...its nice to finally gain a player rather than losing one, and gaining one that wasnt a former mediocre Steelers player.

Also, it likely means we wont look at RB early in 2013, which is great news for me.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trying not to be a prisoner of the moment but this would be the biggest FA I remember the Steelers getting. Meaning, how that player was viewed league-wide. Farrior was a great signing but I don't think he was as highly regarded as AB. Teams weren't climbing over each other to get to Ryan Clark. Hartings---Meh. Actually, the biggest at the time of signing was Duce Staley. Now he ate himself off the team but at the time his stock was pretty high. Comparable to Bradshaw's. Surely there's someone else but I can't think of anyone. Someone help me.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chieferific wrote:
Trying not to be a prisoner of the moment but this would be the biggest FA I remember the Steelers getting. Meaning, how that player was viewed league-wide. Farrior was a great signing but I don't think he was as highly regarded as AB. Teams weren't climbing over each other to get to Ryan Clark. Hartings---Meh. Actually, the biggest at the time of signing was Duce Staley. Now he ate himself off the team but at the time his stock was pretty high. Comparable to Bradshaw's. Surely there's someone else but I can't think of anyone. Someone help me.

Id agree with you if Bradshaw wasnt such a health concern.

Thats why he didnt get as much attention in FA.

If it werent for that, he would likely be out of our price range and signed already.

That could ultimately be a blessing in disguise...or end up like a cheerleader just like Duce Staley was.

FWIW...Duce Staley didnt really eat himself out of the league. He couldnt stay healthy and probably gained weight because he was limited. Thats kind of what worries me here. Not Bradshaw getting fat, but just being sidelined more than he is on the field.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Real nice signing if they don't overpay. Don't think his health would let him be a workhorse back or anything, but would work well in rotation. Maybe give him the starting job and hope more competition pushes Dwyer to stay in better shape.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chieferific wrote:

Kevin Greene

thread/

Yeast infection.
BigSnack

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Not bad.

I like Bradshaw...just not his health outlook. I dont usually like signing players that are pretty much guaranteed to be injured.

BUT...its nice to finally gain a player rather than losing one, and gaining one that wasnt a former mediocre Steelers player.

Also, it likely means we wont look at RB early in 2013, which is great news for me.

+1 if the contract is ok

Yeast infection.
stefan52268

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all for it. If he can stay healthy I think it would be a great addition. Big IF though!

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
wwhickok

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If his physical checks out he is playing in Pittsburgh imo. Its that simple.
Chieferific

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigSnack wrote:
Chieferific wrote:

Kevin Greene

thread/

AGREED!
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
Quote:
NFL.com's Aditi Kinkhabwala reported that Bradshaw is getting a physical from Pittsburgh Steelers doctors on Thursday.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000154964/article/ahmad-bradshaw-getting-a-physical-from-steelers?campaign=Twitter_atl
Tom Brady Tribute
ShooterMcGavin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good stuff. GET IT DONE SHERO!...err, sorry, wrong GM Wink
Lot of wear and tear on the 27 year old but he still brings more to the table than Dwyer and Redman. As long as the price isn't too outrageous (can't imagine it would be) I'm all for bringing him in.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: