Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lions Forum Big Board #11
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who should be 11?
Xavier Rhodes
22%
 22%  [ 4 ]
Desmond Trufant
22%
 22%  [ 4 ]
Jarvis Jones
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Bjoern Werner
16%
 16%  [ 3 ]
Barkevious Mingo
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Lane Johnson
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Corderrelle Patterson
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Tavon Austin
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Geno Smith
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Demantre Moore
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Arthur Brown
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 18

stylish313

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theuntouchable wrote:
I went Vaccaro. The cbs on the board are more late 1st material for me. It 2as a tough choice between vaccarro and austin for me. Vaccarro will be a baller in the NFL and IMO should have been higher on this big board. Floyd, werner, moore, mingo, patterson will all bust IMO. I dont like any of them. Austin is a gamechanger like best but my god is he tiny.
Austin will be a good one, but he has no place on this team- Broyles has shown enough to give another chance to prove that he can stay on the field, and the addition of Bush also renders Austin's selection senseless. Also, Mike Thomas could prove to be more than capable of producing in Broyles potential late start to the season.
theuntouchable

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
theuntouchable wrote:
I went Vaccaro. The cbs on the board are more late 1st material for me. It 2as a tough choice between vaccarro and austin for me. Vaccarro will be a baller in the NFL and IMO should have been higher on this big board. Floyd, werner, moore, mingo, patterson will all bust IMO. I dont like any of them. Austin is a gamechanger like best but my god is he tiny.
Austin will be a good one, but he has no place on this team ...... this year

Fify. I agree he wouldnt fit with our current roster because we have a few like him currently. However, bush wont be here forever and austin could be a good fit in that role.

MathMan wrote:
anyone around?

I feel..so cold.
beardorama

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
I'm looking at this as the Lions board, so if they were to trade down to #9 and either Star or Floyd was available, and we're the highest players left on their board then they'd draft him- which is ridiculous IMO.

Yes, we've only got two DTs signed, but they were two of the top #6 DTs in the NFL, so I think we can go without another top #10 selection at defensive tackle- especially since I've seen no inclinations of Schwartz fulfilling posters fantasy of Suh starting at defensive end, and I don't know that he should.

I don't disagree with you, I don't want a DT by any means. I think Floyd is just too good a player to be below some second-tier prospects, even if he doesn't play a position of great need.
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well we have been getting around 30 votes and are currently at 24. Floyd has a 10 vote lead so I will make it official and move on to the next one.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
stylish313

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trufant again for me. I think this kid is a terrific football player, and exceptional athlete.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure which Xavier Rhodes to vote for Laughing

R.I.P. Stylish
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:

Pretty sure that 2nd one is supposed to be Jarvis Jones. The poll is screwed up, though, and when I go to edit it, it only shows there's one Rhodes in the options Confused

Whatever, I just added Jarvis Jones to the end of it because that's who I'm voting for. Again.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for three years running!)
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanFuller003 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:

Pretty sure that 2nd one is supposed to be Jarvis Jones.

There is only one in the poll, so not sure what happened there. But I added a Jarvis Jones option.

1King

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having a hard time deciding between Rhodes and Trufant right now. No idea why Geno Smith is even an option.

El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
Having a hard time deciding between Rhodes and Trufant right now. No idea why Geno Smith is even an option.
Shaun Hill is getting a little old...

R.I.P. Stylish
stylish313

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
I've had to do my homework on these two guys over the last couple of weeks, so I could decide who my #2 corner would end up being. In the end, Trufant just had better tape, and only slightly less athletic- he's the clear #2 for me, and as LK has been saying all along, he may just turn out to be the best of the bunch.
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:

He is an option because he is a player in the draft. At some point, he should be on our list. I'm not saying now but if he is our 20-25th player and is available at 36, we need to look for trade options.

LionsFTW

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going Jarvis. At this point, he has to be an option. He's still a baller.
stylish313

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
1King wrote:

He is an option because he is a player in the draft. At some point, he should be on our list. I'm not saying now but if he is our 20-25th player and is available at 36, we need to look for trade options.

I honestly can't see how you can say that, after saying this earlier in the thread:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
nagahide13 wrote:
This is just an overall ranking, right? Nothing to do with our teams specific needs?

In other words... This is "rank the players in a vaccuum" and not "rank them in the order they'd help this team", right? Or are we specifically talking about the Lions BB like the title suggests? I kind of got different vibes from the title and the content of the OP.

Joekel for #1 either way, but I'm just thinking for down the line.

It's the top players for the Lions specifically. Like I am assuming a QB won't find it's way on the list for a while.

Just sounds inconsistent to me.
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
1King wrote:

I honestly can't see how you can say that, after saying this earlier in the thread:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
nagahide13 wrote:
This is just an overall ranking, right? Nothing to do with our teams specific needs?

In other words... This is "rank the players in a vaccuum" and not "rank them in the order they'd help this team", right? Or are we specifically talking about the Lions BB like the title suggests? I kind of got different vibes from the title and the content of the OP.

Joekel for #1 either way, but I'm just thinking for down the line.

It's the top players for the Lions specifically. Like I am assuming a QB won't find it's way on the list for a while.

Just sounds inconsistent to me.

It's like I said earlier about Floyd. It's not that we want him, it's that we should figure out a spot where he stacks up so we can figure him into trade scenarios. It goes without saying we aren't going to draft Geno unless he falls really, really far (like, say, Ryan Mallett to the Patriots). Moreso just getting a spot for him to use as trade bait. I'll vote for him around 20.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for three years running!)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 12 of 14

Jump to: