Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

"Combine Star" vs. "Combine Oops" Mock
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which Mock is Best?
Group 1
46%
 46%  [ 6 ]
Group 2
53%
 53%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 13

Author Message
Ward4HOF


Joined: 11 Apr 2011
Posts: 4044
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: "Combine Star" vs. "Combine Oops" Mock Reply with quote

Bored and decided to put together an "All-Combine" mock for those enamored with speed (40 times listed after HT/WT) vs. a "Combine Oops" mock with players that really didn't show up for the Combine...which one do you like better?

Not all listed in Group 1 were the best, not all in Group 2 were the worst, but suffice to say they were in the top/bottom 5 of their respective categories.

"Combine Star"

1.17 -- WR, Tavon Austin, WVU - 5'8" 174, 4.34
2.48 -- CB, Robert Alford, SE Louisiana 5'10" 188, 4.39
3.79 -- ILB, Jon Bostic, Fla 6'1" 245, 4.61
4.115 -- SS, Earl Wolff, NC St. 5'11" 209, 4.44
5.150 -- OLB, Cornelius Washington, UGA - 6'4" 265, 4.55
6.186 -- TE, Chris Gragg, Ark 6'3" 244, 4.50
6.206 -- RB, Knile Davis, Ark - 5'11" 227, 4.37
7.223 -- OT, Vinston Painter, VA Tech, - 6'4" 306, 4.87 (34" arms, 32 Reps)

"Combine Oops"

1.17 -- OLB, Jarvis Jones, Ala - 6'2" 245, 4.85 (Pro Day)
2.48 -- ILB, Manti Te'o - 6'1" 241, 4.82
3.79 -- NT, Brandon Williams, Missouri So. St. - 6'1" 335, 5.37
4.115 -- FS, Tony Jefferson, Okla - 5'11" 213, 4.75
5.150 -- WR, Connor Vernon, Duke - 6'0" 196, 4.68
6.186 -- CB, Josh Johnson, Purdue - 5'9.5" 199, 4.65
6.206 -- TE, Levine Toilolo, Stanford - 6'8" 260, 4.86
7.223 -- RB, Ray Graham, Pitt - 5'9" 199, 4.80

Closer than I thought it'd be when I started this...figured "Group 1" would easily outsine "Group 2", but I gotta say, wouldn't be upset if we walked away w/ Group 2, when all was said and done!
_________________


Props to Jamison on the sweet sig!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
at23steelers


Joined: 05 Mar 2011
Posts: 3721
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like rounds 1 and 2 better for your 2nd group. And rounds 3-7 better in your 1st group!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wwhickok


Joined: 27 Nov 2012
Posts: 13461
Location: Montgomery, PA aka Steeler Nation!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like a lot of the guys on either list, but in comparison group A is better, BY A LOT solely based on combine #'s. I don't necessarily believe that'll mean anything when they have pads on.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JustPlainNasty


Joined: 11 Feb 2008
Posts: 7099
Location: Las Vegas
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres the problem I have with this comparison, most of the guys on The Combine stars are better football players than they are numbers guys. With the exception of Conner Vernon on Mock 2 , these guys despite their poor combine numbers are actually the more hype team than they are actual skill set. Not to say they aren't any good.
_________________
Dcash4 wrote:


...you have a forum resume?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Steeler Hitman


Joined: 25 Apr 2006
Posts: 1186
Location: Laurel, MD
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: "Combine Star" vs. "Combine Oops" Mo Reply with quote

Ward4HOF wrote:
Bored and decided to put together an "All-Combine" mock for those enamored with speed (40 times listed after HT/WT) vs. a "Combine Oops" mock with players that really didn't show up for the Combine...which one do you like better?

Not all listed in Group 1 were the best, not all in Group 2 were the worst, but suffice to say they were in the top/bottom 5 of their respective categories.

"Combine Star"

1.17 -- WR, Tavon Austin, WVU - 5'8" 174, 4.34
2.48 -- CB, Robert Alford, SE Louisiana 5'10" 188, 4.39
3.79 -- ILB, Jon Bostic, Fla 6'1" 245, 4.61
4.115 -- SS, Earl Wolff, NC St. 5'11" 209, 4.44
5.150 -- OLB, Cornelius Washington, UGA - 6'4" 265, 4.55
6.186 -- TE, Chris Gragg, Ark 6'3" 244, 4.50
6.206 -- RB, Knile Davis, Ark - 5'11" 227, 4.37
7.223 -- OT, Vinston Painter, VA Tech, - 6'4" 306, 4.87 (34" arms, 32 Reps)

"Combine Oops"

1.17 -- OLB, Jarvis Jones, Ala - 6'2" 245, 4.85 (Pro Day)
2.48 -- ILB, Manti Te'o - 6'1" 241, 4.82
3.79 -- NT, Brandon Williams, Missouri So. St. - 6'1" 335, 5.37
4.115 -- FS, Tony Jefferson, Okla - 5'11" 213, 4.75
5.150 -- WR, Connor Vernon, Duke - 6'0" 196, 4.68
6.186 -- CB, Josh Johnson, Purdue - 5'9.5" 199, 4.65
6.206 -- TE, Levine Toilolo, Stanford - 6'8" 260, 4.86
7.223 -- RB, Ray Graham, Pitt - 5'9" 199, 4.80

Closer than I thought it'd be when I started this...figured "Group 1" would easily outsine "Group 2", but I gotta say, wouldn't be upset if we walked away w/ Group 2, when all was said and done!


My answer combine the best of the two for a great draft!

[color=red]1.17 -- OLB, Jarvis Jones, Ala - 6'2" 245, 4.85 (Pro Day)

2.48 -- CB, Robert Alford, SE Louisiana 5'10" 188, 4.39
3.79 -- ILB, Jon Bostic, Fla 6'1" 245, 4.61
4.115 -- SS, Earl Wolff, NC St. 5'11" 209, 4.44

5. 150--WR, Marcus Davis WR VA Tech 6'3 233 4.56

6.186 -- TE, Levine Toilolo, Stanford - 6'8" 260, 4.86
6.206 -- RB, Knile Davis, Ark - 5'11" 227, 4.37
7.223 -- OT, Vinston Painter, VA Tech, - 6'4" 306, 4.87 (34" arms, 32 Reps)


I would replace Marcus Davis for Conner Vernon.
_________________
"Being a Steeler fan starts when the sperm meets the egg!" -- Unknown Steeler Fan


Thanks for the Sig CalhounLambeau!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Ward4HOF


Joined: 11 Apr 2011
Posts: 4044
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: "Combine Star" vs. "Combine Oops" Mo Reply with quote

Steeler Hitman wrote:
Ward4HOF wrote:
Bored and decided to put together an "All-Combine" mock for those enamored with speed (40 times listed after HT/WT) vs. a "Combine Oops" mock with players that really didn't show up for the Combine...which one do you like better?

Not all listed in Group 1 were the best, not all in Group 2 were the worst, but suffice to say they were in the top/bottom 5 of their respective categories.

"Combine Star"

1.17 -- WR, Tavon Austin, WVU - 5'8" 174, 4.34
2.48 -- CB, Robert Alford, SE Louisiana 5'10" 188, 4.39
3.79 -- ILB, Jon Bostic, Fla 6'1" 245, 4.61
4.115 -- SS, Earl Wolff, NC St. 5'11" 209, 4.44
5.150 -- OLB, Cornelius Washington, UGA - 6'4" 265, 4.55
6.186 -- TE, Chris Gragg, Ark 6'3" 244, 4.50
6.206 -- RB, Knile Davis, Ark - 5'11" 227, 4.37
7.223 -- OT, Vinston Painter, VA Tech, - 6'4" 306, 4.87 (34" arms, 32 Reps)

"Combine Oops"

1.17 -- OLB, Jarvis Jones, Ala - 6'2" 245, 4.85 (Pro Day)
2.48 -- ILB, Manti Te'o - 6'1" 241, 4.82
3.79 -- NT, Brandon Williams, Missouri So. St. - 6'1" 335, 5.37
4.115 -- FS, Tony Jefferson, Okla - 5'11" 213, 4.75
5.150 -- WR, Connor Vernon, Duke - 6'0" 196, 4.68
6.186 -- CB, Josh Johnson, Purdue - 5'9.5" 199, 4.65
6.206 -- TE, Levine Toilolo, Stanford - 6'8" 260, 4.86
7.223 -- RB, Ray Graham, Pitt - 5'9" 199, 4.80

Closer than I thought it'd be when I started this...figured "Group 1" would easily outsine "Group 2", but I gotta say, wouldn't be upset if we walked away w/ Group 2, when all was said and done!


My answer combine the best of the two for a great draft!

[color=red]1.17 -- OLB, Jarvis Jones, Ala - 6'2" 245, 4.85 (Pro Day)

2.48 -- CB, Robert Alford, SE Louisiana 5'10" 188, 4.39
3.79 -- ILB, Jon Bostic, Fla 6'1" 245, 4.61
4.115 -- SS, Earl Wolff, NC St. 5'11" 209, 4.44

5. 150--WR, Marcus Davis WR VA Tech 6'3 233 4.56

6.186 -- TE, Levine Toilolo, Stanford - 6'8" 260, 4.86
6.206 -- RB, Knile Davis, Ark - 5'11" 227, 4.37
7.223 -- OT, Vinston Painter, VA Tech, - 6'4" 306, 4.87 (34" arms, 32 Reps)


I would replace Marcus Davis for Conner Vernon.


Hey...not allowed, that's cheating!! Wink
_________________


Props to Jamison on the sweet sig!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
at23steelers


Joined: 05 Mar 2011
Posts: 3721
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Ward: Hey, you did it all the time with 43!!! Laughing Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ward4HOF


Joined: 11 Apr 2011
Posts: 4044
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
@Ward: Hey, you did it all the time with 43!!! Laughing Wink


But I didn't make it blatantly obvious for all to see! Laughing
_________________


Props to Jamison on the sweet sig!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JLambert58


Joined: 30 Jan 2013
Posts: 431
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea Ward. Interesting comparison.

My "Combine Stars" draft wish list:

1) Lane Johnson
2) Jamie Collins
3) Shamarko Thomas
4) Ryan Swope
5) Knile Davis
6) AJ Klein
6) Jake Stoneburner
7) Ty Powell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
at23steelers


Joined: 05 Mar 2011
Posts: 3721
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JLambert58 wrote:
Great idea Ward. Interesting comparison.

My "Combine Stars" draft wish list:

1) Lane Johnson
2) Jamie Collins
3) Shamarko Thomas
4) Ryan Swope
5) Knile Davis
6) AJ Klein
6) Jake Stoneburner
7) Ty Powell


One of the best mocks I've seen!! Really like each pick, tbh. I don't think Lane Johnson will fall that far, but definitely would be a good pick! Some will say it's an investment along our offensive line, but Gilbert is a liability. Only position, I wish we could address and probably won't early on is a NT!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rollins


Joined: 19 Dec 2010
Posts: 646
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mock 2 and its not even close to me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JLambert58


Joined: 30 Jan 2013
Posts: 431
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
JLambert58 wrote:
Great idea Ward. Interesting comparison.

My "Combine Stars" draft wish list:

1) Lane Johnson
2) Jamie Collins
3) Shamarko Thomas
4) Ryan Swope
5) Knile Davis
6) AJ Klein
6) Jake Stoneburner
7) Ty Powell


One of the best mocks I've seen!! Really like each pick, tbh. I don't think Lane Johnson will fall that far, but definitely would be a good pick! Some will say it's an investment along our offensive line, but Gilbert is a liability. Only position, I wish we could address and probably won't early on is a NT!


Thanks at23! Just kind of fell together. Agree Johnson would be a big upgrade over Gilbert.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ward4HOF


Joined: 11 Apr 2011
Posts: 4044
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JLambert58 wrote:
Great idea Ward. Interesting comparison.

My "Combine Stars" draft wish list:

1) Lane Johnson
2) Jamie Collins
3) Shamarko Thomas
4) Ryan Swope
5) Knile Davis
6) AJ Klein
6) Jake Stoneburner
7) Ty Powell


I do really like Ty Powell as a prospect, but even though he comes from a small school, I don't think he'll make it to the 7th...he'll be gone by the 5th, IMO...and hopefully to us. If we could somehow snag both he and Jamie Collins (who I don't think will last to our 2nd rd pick, unfortunately), we'd have a pretty formidible OLB stable, IMO.
_________________


Props to Jamison on the sweet sig!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MightyJoeYoung


Joined: 03 Jun 2010
Posts: 2967
Location: Wakefield, England
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely prefer the first one.

I really like Tavon Austin as a player. Maybe he isn't perfect for us but he most definitely should be a difference maker for any team he lands on, including us.

I also prefer the value of Bostic in the 3rd to T'eo in the 2nd.

I aren't in love with taking a corner in the second round but its a worthwhile pick IMO.

The rest I have even less clue about so I'll take the athletic freaks haha
_________________


Thanks to Joe_is_the_best for the sig

"The King Stay the King"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
gatek99


Joined: 10 Feb 2006
Posts: 5159
Location: Ytown, Ohio 1 hour northwest of the Steelers
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will take group 2 any of of the week. We get our defense and we get a possession WR

We miss out on a #1 guy, but we could use the possession/#3 as well
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group