Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dumervil to Ravens
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Chieferific


Joined: 24 Feb 2006
Posts: 3221
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigSnack wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Chieferific wrote:
I've said this COUNTLESS times, FAs don't make a championship team. Tell me a FA that was the catalyst for a SB team. The only player I can think of that comes close is Reggie White. I'm sure there may be a couple of others but none come to mind. It takes more than a new addition to hoist the trophy. Besides, the ratbids lost 8 starters. 8>1 last time I checked.


Id add Randy Moss.

I know the Pats didnt win the SB, but they were clearly the best team in the league that year.

I agree with your overall point, though.


i agree with the point as well but Dieon Sanders says hi

That's a really good one. Though it could be argued that the Cowboys and Niners were already the best teams in the league. It could also be argued that he made just as much of a difference as Reggie White. Nice one!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rollins


Joined: 19 Dec 2010
Posts: 646
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just me or does this signing have "we should have never taken Upshaw" written all over it?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BareYourTeeth


Joined: 29 Mar 2009
Posts: 1051
Location: I'm a machine Jerk!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Rayvens52 wrote:
wwhickok wrote:
I'm not scared, Dumervil's best days are behind him. If they weren't, the Bronco's would have fought harder for him. This is just another case of the Ravens taking on recycled scraps. They lost 8 of their best players and replaced them with 1 declining pass rusher.
And our team on paper is still much better than the Steelers. Don't hate because now the Steel skirts are having the worst off season lol


a) Your team wasnt even better last year. Your overrated Dirt Birds could barely beat a Byron Leftwich led Steelers team, and couldnt beat a Charlie Batch led one. With a healthy Ben, the Ravens lose both games and most likely miss the playoffs. Your fluke team got lucky then got hot in the playoffs. Maybe the worst SB champions in NFL history.

b) You signed your average QB who had a fluke postseason to a deal the Ravens will regret long term, lost the two biggest leaders on your defense, lost 3 of your 4 starting LBs, and both safeties.

c) Dumervil is a good pass rusher, but horrible against the run. Decent signing, but nothing special.

Steelers offseason hasnt been great, but you are quite delusional if you think the Ravens havent had just as bad of an offseason, and if you think your overrated fluke champions are that much better.

Run along troll.




Really? When was the last time Ben beat the Ravens? It seems to me the Squealers were a better team without Ben because when he came back they couldn't beat anyone and took away any chance of them even getting to the playoffs, lmao.

FourThreeMafia wrote:
b) You signed your average QB who had a fluke postseason to a deal the Ravens will regret long term, lost the two biggest leaders on your defense, lost 3 of your 4 starting LBs, and both safeties.


11 TD/no INT, against defenses like Denver and SF, was a fluke? Something only one other player and Hall of Famer has done? OK. Lost 3 of 4 starting LBs? Lewis and Ellerbe are the only two starting LBs that's leaving... Suggs and Upshaw will be back next year to make Ben's life a living hell, along with Doom. Get your facts straight. Yes, both safeties won't be back because one was released and they didn't want to over pay the other... so if they wanted to, they could've brought them both back. They chose not to because they feel they can improve there.

Now that I've addressed that nonsense... I'll go back to the Champs' board


_________________

2000WORLD CHAMPIONS2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
popie70


Joined: 18 Dec 2010
Posts: 1064
Location: Denver, CO
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BareYourTeeth wrote:

11 TD/no INT, against defenses like Denver and SF, was a fluke? Something only one other player and Hall of Famer has done? OK. Lost 3 of 4 starting LBs? Lewis and Ellerbe are the only two starting LBs that's leaving... Suggs and Upshaw will be back next year to make Ben's life a living hell, along with Doom. Get your facts straight. Yes, both safeties won't be back because one was released and they didn't want to over pay the other... so if they wanted to, they could've brought them both back. They chose not to because they feel they can improve there.

Now that I've addressed that nonsense... I'll go back to the Champs' board


So let's ignore the fact that you are a trolling dingleberry as well but that awesome QB of yours also lost one of his starting WR's (who was arguably their 2nd best player during the playoffs) and his starting C and LT. Please tell me who they are going to be replaced by?

I hope you enjoy your championship while you go 7-9 this year
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AlanFanecaFan


Joined: 13 Mar 2005
Posts: 10936
Location: Getting hammered with Jeff Reed
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overly sensitive Ravens fans.

They deserve to celebrate...but to act like their team isn't in transition as well is being delusional.

The Steelers are in year 2 of a 3 year process.

The Ravens are in cap trouble in all likelihood in 3 years.

2 biggest concerns if I were a Ravens fan is building a team on a $120 mill deal compared to a rookie deal and the leadership leaving town.

2 things they haven't dealt with before.
_________________


Gunny Highway wrote:
Ed Reed coughs real hard and his other testicle descends and he admits Hines Ward has far more grit than he does
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FourThreeMafia


Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 49729
Location: East of Sixburgh
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BareYourTeeth wrote:


Really? When was the last time Ben beat the Ravens? It seems to me the Squealers were a better team without Ben because when he came back they couldn't beat anyone and took away any chance of them even getting to the playoffs, lmao.


Hey look, another moron troll.

When did you become a Ravens fan? How many weeks after they won the SB, I mean?

Ben was still injured when he came back.

Also, our QBs played terrible in both Ravens games. Thankfully, Flacco was just as bad. Overrated as hell, and everyone outside of Baltimore knows it.

But hey, if that makes you feel better, have at it.


Quote:
11 TD/no INT, against defenses like Denver and SF, was a fluke? Something only one other player and Hall of Famer has done?


Yes, a fluke.

Sorry chump, but a few good games doesnt erase his otherwise average play throughout his career.

Fluke...deal with it.


Quote:
OK. Lost 3 of 4 starting LBs? Lewis and Ellerbe are the only two starting LBs that's leaving... Suggs and Upshaw will be back next year to make Ben's life a living hell, along with Doom. Get your facts straight.


Kruger split time with Upshaw.

Upshaw is nothing special.

Doom cant play the run.

Suggs wont be the same again after his injury.

Truth hurts, I know.


Quote:
Yes, both safeties won't be back because one was released and they didn't want to over pay the other... so if they wanted to, they could've brought them both back. They chose not to because they feel they can improve there.


Blah blah blah.

You have no replacements for them.

Reed was the captain of that secondary. Also hilarious how you Ratbird fans bash on players you lost when just a few months ago you praised them.




Quote:
Now that I've addressed that nonsense... I'll go back to the Champs' board



Run along bandwagon fan. Dont come back.
_________________
SCPackersFan wrote:
I hold nothing against blue-collar people and I respect/admire them for doing what they do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Curtain


Joined: 24 Sep 2012
Posts: 497
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sorry chump, but a few good games doesnt erase his otherwise average play throughout his career.


Being awfully kind to a QB who's looked like Mark Sanchez a lot more often than he's looked like Peyton Manning.

If Denver's secondary didn't hand him the fourth quarter of that game, we wouldn't even be having this conversation because Joe Flacco would be on a new team.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bobikus


Joined: 07 Jun 2009
Posts: 8808
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't like Dumervil being in the division, but I'd have been livid if it was the Steelers who paid him that much.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wwhickok


Joined: 27 Nov 2012
Posts: 13014
Location: Montgomery, PA aka Steeler Nation!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CKSteeler wrote:
Quote:
This is just another case of the Ravens taking on recycled scraps


Another case of recycled scraps? Are we talking about like in 2011 when they signed some old guys for their OL, and proceeded to sweep the Steelers? .


Actually no. That was an "Generalized Statement" about the entire NFL. I wasn't actually targetting any previous signings of the Ravens, I was talking about this is a situation that I believe occurs a lot in the NFL, where someone goes out and pays big money for a guy who is on the wrong end of his 20's and in my mind, not going to be provide as much of the impact as the contract they gave him hopes for.

10 Sack guy? Maybe, but I'm not a believer. I could be wrong and if I am, I am. But again, I'm not a believer. This move, even if it turns out to be a good one, doesn't scare me. I don't believe it'll "give them the division" that we're going to win for the next two seasons. I'll keep saying it until I'm wrong.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thewadewilson


Joined: 12 Mar 2013
Posts: 146
Location: me on the sig Espn Insider forget Kiper
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am first going to say if he was coming here we would be jumping for joy. To me the down the road money wasnt worth it because they are going to be paying him more in his older years. And I am taking a wait and see approach with Worilds. Its all a mute point if Jones drops to #17, they would get a similar player 7 years younger.
_________________


Pittsburgh Steelers/Houston Texans Fan
Whiz Khalifa Black & Yellow/Slim Thug I'm From Houston Texas home of the Texans
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FourThreeMafia


Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 49729
Location: East of Sixburgh
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thewadewilson wrote:
I am first going to say if he was coming here we would be jumping for joy. To me the down the road money wasnt worth it because they are going to be paying him more in his older years. And I am taking a wait and see approach with Worilds. Its all a mute point if Jones drops to #17, they would get a similar player 7 years younger.


Maybe thats true, but only because Worlids is so horrible...not because Doom is that great.

In all honesty, Doom was a solid signing for them, but the middle of their defense is completely vulnerable. Two new starting ILBs and two new safeties, and the loss of the two biggest leaders on their defense.

Its like "three steps back, one step forward".
_________________
SCPackersFan wrote:
I hold nothing against blue-collar people and I respect/admire them for doing what they do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SteelProven


Moderator
Joined: 20 Apr 2005
Posts: 11893
Location: Ramstein, Germany
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dumervil never really impressed me, honestly. I know he had high sack numbers, but that was more situational. For all the flack that Worilds gets nobody knows exactly what he'll contribute and I can't say without a shadow of a doubt that Worilds won't outperfrom Dumervil next season.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wwhickok


Joined: 27 Nov 2012
Posts: 13014
Location: Montgomery, PA aka Steeler Nation!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
thewadewilson wrote:
I am first going to say if he was coming here we would be jumping for joy. To me the down the road money wasnt worth it because they are going to be paying him more in his older years. And I am taking a wait and see approach with Worilds. Its all a mute point if Jones drops to #17, they would get a similar player 7 years younger.


Maybe thats true, but only because Worlids is so horrible...not because Doom is that great.

In all honesty, Doom was a solid signing for them, but the middle of their defense is completely vulnerable. Two new starting ILBs and two new safeties, and the loss of the two biggest leaders on their defense.

Its like "three steps back, one step forward".


Not just that, they lost Cary Williams too, who, while I think is overrated, is signifant for them. I agree what you said with one minor addition. I think this is 3 ENORMOUS steps back and 1 very small step forward.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FourThreeMafia


Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 49729
Location: East of Sixburgh
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
thewadewilson wrote:
I am first going to say if he was coming here we would be jumping for joy. To me the down the road money wasnt worth it because they are going to be paying him more in his older years. And I am taking a wait and see approach with Worilds. Its all a mute point if Jones drops to #17, they would get a similar player 7 years younger.


Maybe thats true, but only because Worlids is so horrible...not because Doom is that great.

In all honesty, Doom was a solid signing for them, but the middle of their defense is completely vulnerable. Two new starting ILBs and two new safeties, and the loss of the two biggest leaders on their defense.

Its like "three steps back, one step forward".


Not just that, they lost Cary Williams too, who, while I think is overrated, is signifant for them. I agree what you said with one minor addition. I think this is 3 ENORMOUS steps back and 1 very small step forward.


The funniest thing about all of it is how badly SOME Ravens fans are trashing the players they lost and acting like they have suitable replacements for all of them.

Some of the things Ive heard (Paraphrased)...

"Boldin was the 4th best WR on the team and is easily replaceable"

This is funny because during the playoffs, all I heard was what a pimp he was. He was easily their best overall WR. Torrey Smith is the biggest playmaker, but he is not nearly as good as Boldin overall.

"Losing Lewis and Ellerbe wont hurt, because Lewis was washed up and McClain beat out Ellerbe in the past"

LMAO...Lewis wasnt the same player, but he was the heart of the locker room. Ellerbe came on strong this year. McClain is average at best and they dont have anything to replace Lewis at this point.

"Reed has nothing left and Pollard was terrible"

Like Lewis, Reed isnt the same player he once was, but still the captain of the secondary and the best safety on their roster by far. And Ravens fans were praising Pollard most of the season, but now he sucks.

"The Steelers have lost more and the Ravens have better players to replace the ones we lost"

When it comes to losing players, both teams have lost their share, but the Steelers didnt lose any locker room leaders like the Ravens did....losing two major ones. The Steelers lost Mike Wallace and James Harrison, and while they are both good players, neither of them are leaders, nor were either strong locker room presences. Harrison was quiet and Ive never heard Wallace be vocal either. We have to replace their production but not so much their presence, unlike the Ravens with Lewis and Reed, whom they wont replace anytime soon.

Also, while I do think the Ravens are in slightly better position to replace the players they lost, its not much better. Obviously the draft is coming up, but the Steelers have that too. The Ravens replaced Krueger, but at this point have nothing more proven than we do to take over for the two ILBs they lost, the two safeties they lost, or Anquan Boldin. The players they have behind them are no more proven than Jason Worlids, Steve McLendon or Emmanuel Sanders.
_________________
SCPackersFan wrote:
I hold nothing against blue-collar people and I respect/admire them for doing what they do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
at23steelers


Joined: 05 Mar 2011
Posts: 3721
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@43: Didn't you hear, only when the players are Ravens do they receive that 100 XP triple bonus pack on retail for $9.99. No other team gets this great discount, but once they leave the Ravens they lose all their super powers or possible realm of being any good.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group