Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bears sign former Panthers LB James Anderson to 1-year deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KG1187

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bears need a CB but they don’t need to invest a 1st round pick to fix the problem. Emery said the CB class is deep so it can wait till the mid rounds. Before last season the Bears were able to churn out top 10 defense's every year with average CB play across from Tillman with average to horrible Safety play.

Throw in the fact that Conte and Wright broke out last season that makes CB even less of a need in terms of a 1st round pick. Don’t get me wrong taking a CB makes a ton of sense just not in the 1st round. Last year was our best year at Safety since the Superbowl in 07 diminishing reliance on CB play.

Still say the 20 needs to go OG/WR or trade down.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
I like the signing, and I think it makes a LB in round 1 or 2 (absent acquiring more picks) very unlikely. I still expect one later in the draft though. Nice work Phil.

I agree that CB should get serious consideration at 20. It's a need now, and a big need next year.

I have no doubt that its high on their list. Honestly I think its higher than offensive guard.

I don't think it can be considering the amount of bodies we have there right now...James Brown & Gabe Carimi with no depth...or Peanut & Jennings with Bowman & Frey.

I think they mean to add depth in FA at OG. I think the concern is whats happening next year with Tillman. Nobody should be surprised if 20 is a CB or WR.

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
I like the signing, and I think it makes a LB in round 1 or 2 (absent acquiring more picks) very unlikely. I still expect one later in the draft though. Nice work Phil.

I agree that CB should get serious consideration at 20. It's a need now, and a big need next year.

I have no doubt that its high on their list. Honestly I think its higher than offensive guard.

I don't think it can be considering the amount of bodies we have there right now...James Brown & Gabe Carimi with no depth...or Peanut & Jennings with Bowman & Frey.

I think they mean to add depth in FA at OG. I think the concern is whats happening next year with Tillman. Nobody should be surprised if 20 is a CB or WR.

Carimi & Brown should be the depth...altho I would like to see more of Brown...he could be a starter for us with some work...but right now we need to add starters at OG...I don't think anyone would be surprised at us picking a CB or WR but we need to do something about the interior Oline.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:

Carimi & Brown should be the depth...altho I would like to see more of Brown...he could be a starter for us with some work...but right now we need to add starters at OG...I don't think anyone would be surprised at us picking a CB or WR but we need to do something about the interior Oline.

The OG market is really slow. We can probably get a decent deal on Slauson or Moore.

DaMike

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:

The OG market is really slow. We can probably get a decent deal on Slauson or Moore.
or hopefully both.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
or hopefully both.

That would be ideal. I havent heard anything on Slauson. Moore has had visits but thats it.

WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
DaMike wrote:
or hopefully both.

That would be ideal. I havent heard anything on Slauson. Moore has had visits but thats it.

Neither of those guys is going to be a long term impact player for the Bears.

I still think we need to invest in a young building block at the OG/C position.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
DaMike wrote:
or hopefully both.

Sure I just dont think its going to be at 20

IronMike84

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James Brown has to be the most overrated player on the roster by fans who follow the team as closely as we do.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
James Brown has to be the most overrated player on the roster by fans who follow the team as closely as we do.

He’s not overrated at all…he is a total unknown considering no one has any idea what he really brings to the table…what we do know is Kromer was reportedly impressed with him, Louis & Webb on film…now that’s not enough for me to call him anything more than depth at this point but with work he could be Kromer’s pet project and eventually be a starter or he could be nothing more than depth…but at this point no one is thinking we are going into next year with him starting at LG.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:

He’s not overrated at all…he is a total unknown considering no one has any idea what he really brings to the table…what we do know is Kromer was reportedly impressed with him, Louis & Webb on film…now that’s not enough for me to call him anything more than depth at this point but with work he could be Kromer’s pet project and eventually be a starter or he could be nothing more than depth…but at this point no one is thinking we are going into next year with him starting at LG.

Sounds like the same thing we heard abou Kellen Davis.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:

Sounds like the same thing we heard abou Kellen Davis.

Sounds the same as any developmental prospect around the NFL...those development guys are what we have been missing on offence for a long time...if this new coaching staff can start bring them through it makes building a team much easier.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
DaMike wrote:
or hopefully both.

Sure I just dont think its going to be at 20

I am not convinced it will either unless Cooper and Warmack are there.

If they are gone I have NO idea where the Bears are going to go.
JPeppers90

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:

I agree. He has shown very little for there to be such high expectations for him. This is where we set ourselves up for major dissapointment as fans.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 0 expectations, I repeat 0 expectations of the hardest working man in the NFL, the godfather of pancake blocks, James Brown. (other than having lots of fun w/ his name) I literally expect more of Carimi than I do of Brown.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: