Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dom Davis running the Read-Option
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Swift924

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lentz33 wrote:
Swift924 wrote:
as for 2nd part. I only change QB every 5 years if current QB at times overvalues himself. If Ryan thinks he is a elite QB in which he is not 1 playoff win and never finishing top 3 in any major passing stat such as yards, td or QB rating . he is overvaluing himself

If Ryan wants 14 mil per average I would happy with Ryan on team

Whoa fellas, he's an NFL GM already. Why even argue with him?

But yea, when you proposed that we should start trade Ryan and start Dominique Freaking Davis, if there was any chance I took you even slightly serious before, that is now gone. Nothing of that you said here in this thread is a good idea. Or you're just trolling. Therefore congrats, you can be annoying on the interwebz. You're very unique. Now stop begging for attention with blasphemous ideas and actually put some rational thought into helping the forum. Thanks.

Its funny . On one end you are saying paying a QB that has only helped Falcons to one playoff win should get whatever he wants and pay him 20 mil per season is rationale?

I would have no problem in starting DD. He would have a good coaching staff behind him. Talent with Julio and Roddy. A good ground game and a revamped defense from Ryan trade. I would believe Koetter would be able to put Davis in good situations like how Mularkey was able to put Ryan in such situations his rookie season. by being a game manager
Swift924

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tech2186 wrote:
Swift924 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
Swift924 wrote:
BeeperKing wrote:
Swift924 wrote:
BeeperKing wrote:
Swift924 wrote:
BeeperKing wrote:
Swift924 wrote:
or Bridgewater or Johnny Football instead of paying Ryan 20 mil per season

Trade Ryan *only if* he doesnt lead Falcons to Super Bowl with loaded team
and his agent wants 20 mil per season. If Ryan wants to be on Falcons and he doesnt win a ring I would be cool with Ryan taking a Brady type deal out where he can help the team. Ryan get paid 13 mil per season. cool with Ryan at QB

No matter how crazy that statement is, lets pretend for a second that that happens. If Bridgewater, Manziel or anyone else turns out even close to the level that Ryan is on, they will command a big contract too. If you have a good QB, there's no way around paying him.

Its about expanding your windows. Look at New England . Why are Pats successful? Good coaching and Brady. Brady also helps Pats cause he is not killing his team salary cap and is a bargain. He is under valued . He took the
If Falcons were to trade for Bridgewater or Johnny Football it would expand the window next 5 years. Falcons only have this season and next season to be a Super Bowl team before they start the whole retooling process and wait to see what Julio Jones contract will turn out

Bridgewater + Julio =17 in cap hits
Ryan + Julio = 28 million in cap hits

That 11 million could be used elsewhere on team .

Now if Ryan leads Falcons to a Super Bowl. He is going to be overpaid like Flacco was overpaid. I have no problem with Ryan on team if he went the Tom Brady route and took less. so we can build a team around him

To answer when time comes around to see if Bridgewater or Johnny Footall get paid you have hoped to have win a championship in that 5 year window and if you are forced to pay them least you are paying a QB that has won a Super Bowl instead of a QB that has only 1 playoff win.

FYI, Brady takes those deals because he has a billionaire wife and millions in endorsements. If he didn't have those, no doubt he would be taking Flacco money. You just aren't getting that that's the price of a franchise quarterback. Just because one guy took less, doesn't mean they all will. Ryan, Rodgers, flacco will all get this money. Hell, even Tony Romo, who I think is awful, is going to get 17/year.

Even if we listened to your lunatic advice, Bridgewater is going to go the same thing. So should we have an endless cycle of QB after QB? When you have a good one, you keep it. PERIOD. Give them what ever they want. A team like the Jets, Bills, Raiders, or Eagles would kill for Ryan and give him whatever he wanted.

More importantly, what if Bridgewater busts? Then you've set this franchise back years and some team that just traded for one of the best QBs in the league is on top.

Your post becomes kind of invalid when you say Tony Romo is a horrible QB. Tony Romo was a undrafted free agent at QB how many of those make a name for self in NFL. Romo also has 1 playoff win and stats same as Ryan over past 2 seasons. Is Ryan a horrible QB in your opinion ?

Your hypothetical question of what if Bridgewater is a bust is just a hypothetical and taking the negative aspect. I can easily flip and say what happens when you pay Matt Ryan his large contract and turns into a Phillip Rivers situation ? quite possible that can happen . Is Rivers no longer a franchise QB in your opinion ?

Don't give yourself an out by making this into a Romo debate. But, we aren't reading the same stats of you think that Romo and Ryan put up the same stats.

The Rivers situation is an interesting one. The problem isn't with him, the Chargers drafted horribly over the past few years and gave him no help or protection. Rivers would be fine if he had a competent offensive line, coach, and wide receivers. Or in other words, in Atlanta.

I still want to hear if you think that we should change QBs every five years.

Past two seasons

Ryan TDS-61 tds
Romo Tds-59 tds

Ryan passing yards -8,896
Romo passing yards -9,087

Ryan ints-26
Romo ints -29

Ryan pass attempts-1181
Romo pass attempts-1170

you might want to rethink ROMO HORRIBLE comments again
Wink

What's Ryan's and Romo's Win Loss record over the past 2 years though?

win loss records are not QB stats ..those are what we call TEAM stats since NFL is a team game

HAHAHAHAHA, you've proven my point. QB's get judged on Wins and Losses. It may not be right but that's how it is. They are the leaders at the helm and the team. Romo isn't a QB you would chose to win a game over Matt Ryan. And that intangible makes Ryan the better QB. Stats alone never tell the true story.

so that proves trues QB record.? So Joe Flacco is a better QB then Matt Ryan since he has more playoff wins. Same as Mark Sanchez more playoff wins

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ok that is faulty logic you using
tech2186

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift924 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
Swift924 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
Swift924 wrote:
BeeperKing wrote:
Swift924 wrote:
BeeperKing wrote:
Swift924 wrote:
BeeperKing wrote:
Swift924 wrote:

and his agent wants 20 mil per season. If Ryan wants to be on Falcons and he doesnt win a ring I would be cool with Ryan taking a Brady type deal out where he can help the team. Ryan get paid 13 mil per season. cool with Ryan at QB

No matter how crazy that statement is, lets pretend for a second that that happens. If Bridgewater, Manziel or anyone else turns out even close to the level that Ryan is on, they will command a big contract too. If you have a good QB, there's no way around paying him.

Its about expanding your windows. Look at New England . Why are Pats successful? Good coaching and Brady. Brady also helps Pats cause he is not killing his team salary cap and is a bargain. He is under valued . He took the
If Falcons were to trade for Bridgewater or Johnny Football it would expand the window next 5 years. Falcons only have this season and next season to be a Super Bowl team before they start the whole retooling process and wait to see what Julio Jones contract will turn out

Now if Ryan leads Falcons to a Super Bowl. He is going to be overpaid like Flacco was overpaid. I have no problem with Ryan on team if he went the Tom Brady route and took less. so we can build a team around him

To answer when time comes around to see if Bridgewater or Johnny Footall get paid you have hoped to have win a championship in that 5 year window and if you are forced to pay them least you are paying a QB that has won a Super Bowl instead of a QB that has only 1 playoff win.

FYI, Brady takes those deals because he has a billionaire wife and millions in endorsements. If he didn't have those, no doubt he would be taking Flacco money. You just aren't getting that that's the price of a franchise quarterback. Just because one guy took less, doesn't mean they all will. Ryan, Rodgers, flacco will all get this money. Hell, even Tony Romo, who I think is awful, is going to get 17/year.

Even if we listened to your lunatic advice, Bridgewater is going to go the same thing. So should we have an endless cycle of QB after QB? When you have a good one, you keep it. PERIOD. Give them what ever they want. A team like the Jets, Bills, Raiders, or Eagles would kill for Ryan and give him whatever he wanted.

More importantly, what if Bridgewater busts? Then you've set this franchise back years and some team that just traded for one of the best QBs in the league is on top.

Your post becomes kind of invalid when you say Tony Romo is a horrible QB. Tony Romo was a undrafted free agent at QB how many of those make a name for self in NFL. Romo also has 1 playoff win and stats same as Ryan over past 2 seasons. Is Ryan a horrible QB in your opinion ?

Your hypothetical question of what if Bridgewater is a bust is just a hypothetical and taking the negative aspect. I can easily flip and say what happens when you pay Matt Ryan his large contract and turns into a Phillip Rivers situation ? quite possible that can happen . Is Rivers no longer a franchise QB in your opinion ?

Don't give yourself an out by making this into a Romo debate. But, we aren't reading the same stats of you think that Romo and Ryan put up the same stats.

The Rivers situation is an interesting one. The problem isn't with him, the Chargers drafted horribly over the past few years and gave him no help or protection. Rivers would be fine if he had a competent offensive line, coach, and wide receivers. Or in other words, in Atlanta.

Past two seasons

Ryan TDS-61 tds
Romo Tds-59 tds

Ryan ints-26
Romo ints -29

Ryan pass attempts-1181
Romo pass attempts-1170

Wink

win loss records are not QB stats ..those are what we call TEAM stats since NFL is a team game

HAHAHAHAHA, you've proven my point. QB's get judged on Wins and Losses. It may not be right but that's how it is. They are the leaders at the helm and the team. Romo isn't a QB you would chose to win a game over Matt Ryan. And that intangible makes Ryan the better QB. Stats alone never tell the true story.

so that proves trues QB record.? So Joe Flacco is a better QB then Matt Ryan since he has more playoff wins. Same as Mark Sanchez more playoff wins

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ok that is faulty logic you using

Flacco is the better QB at the moment. Flacco has the wins and has proven he can get things done in the clutch. I'd rather have Ryan as my QB because I like Ryan's skill set better than Flacco's. But there is no doubt Flacco is the better QB right now. Ryan still has a lot to prove. But I do think Ryan has proven that he is a better QB than Romo at this stage in his career. Romo has regressed bigtime. Sanchez has regressed without a doubt as well. If he could have played with more consisitency he may have been better than Matt Ryan is right now.

ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
Swift924

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but Sanchez has more playoff wins. so by your logic of counting wins losses to a QB stat then Matt Ryan is 1-4 in post season then ? correct
tech2186

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift924 wrote:
but Sanchez has more playoff wins. so by your logic of counting wins losses to a QB stat then Matt Ryan is 1-4 in post season then ? correct

No. If you will look back up at my original post/question, it is in reference to Romo vs. Ryan. You posted their stats to say they were the same QB. I injected their Win/Loss records in order to show you that stats don't tell the whole story. Ryan is clearly a better decision maker than Romo and he has intangibles such as leadership and control of his offense that Romo lacks. He also is a QB that is going to give your football team a better chance to win the game. And that is all that truly matters in this "TEAM" sport as you so eloquently put it.

Swift924

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tech2186 wrote:
Swift924 wrote:

No. If you will look back up at my original post/question, it is in reference to Romo vs. Ryan. You posted their stats to say they were the same QB. I injected their Win/Loss records in order to show you that stats don't tell the whole story. Ryan is clearly a better decision maker than Romo and he has intangibles such as leadership and control of his offense that Romo lacks. He also is a QB that is going to give your football team a better chance to win the game. And that is all that truly matters in this "TEAM" sport as you so eloquently put it.

Falcons are also a better football team and better coaching. Put Romo on Falcons and we will still have same win/loss record as with Ryan. The passing stats are just that EQUAL. The win/loss record for Falcons and Cowboys should not factor in Romo play. They have basically incidental passing stats. You cant fault Romo for his teams win loss record when his stats were same as Ryan. Its just Ryan is on better team with better coaching .
adam9

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift924 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
Swift924 wrote:

Falcons are also a better football team and better coaching. Put Romo on Falcons and we will still have same win/loss record as with Ryan. The passing stats are just that EQUAL. The win/loss record for Falcons and Cowboys should not factor in Romo play. They have basically incidental passing stats. You cant fault Romo for his teams win loss record when his stats were same as Ryan. Its just Ryan is on better team with better coaching .

You're digging a deeper and deeper hole

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
Swift924 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
Swift924 wrote:

You're digging a deeper and deeper hole

Exactly.

GrimeyKid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stay on the subject of the post please

2012 Adopt-A-Falcon

Jacquizz Rodgers #32
terrell123

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift924 wrote:
Not sure what is hard to comprehend and you keep saying WTF adam?

If Matt Ryan doesnt make the Super Bowl with a loaded team this season
I see no reason into paying him 20 million per season. That would hurt Falcons salary cap and hurt the talent around the team.

I think Falcons would be better off with DD,Bridgewater or Johnny Football at there salary vs Ryan at his salary . Plus we will be able to put a better defense on field if were not paying our QB 20 million per season

If Ryan makes the super bowl I am sure he will be paid big money
There's PLENTY of "loaded" teams out there that wont make or win the SB. I guess that means they'll be a lot of qb's available since they'll all get traded Rolling Eyes
terrell123

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift924 wrote:
JonnyQuest wrote:
Haha Swift you are like the Skip Bayless of the Falcons forum. Laughing

I am entertained.

Not trying to entertain. Trying to root for Falcons to be a Super Bowl winning team and paying Ryan 20 million when only has 1 playoff win under his belt is not the brightest idea
Well Jerry Jones doesnt think so. Smile
terrell123

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
Without breaking any rules of the forum, if anyone thinks we should trade Matt Ryan to start Dominique Davis, then you are no longer anyone I want to associate with. There is a reason Matt Ryan started and dominated at BC while Dom transferred to ECU, and its not because Dom was better. There was a reason Matt was the first QB selected in a draft and Dom went undrafted. There's a reason why Matt started last season and Dom didn't. You guys are wayyyyyyy to enamored with the option/pistol or Kaepernick.

ATL sports fans are awesome, but holy hell if you want to trade a top 7 QB to start an UDFA who's never thrown an NFL pass, you are insane. There is no way around that.
I agree with the read option fascination.. When was the last time an option qb won the sb? I'm waiting.
terrell123

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Btw, Roddy and Julio would hunt you down if you traded Matt Ryan for Johnny Football. Laughing
terrell123

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift924 wrote:
BeeperKing wrote:
Swift924 wrote:

Its about expanding your windows. Look at New England . Why are Pats successful? Good coaching and Brady. Brady also helps Pats cause he is not killing his team salary cap and is a bargain. He is under valued . He took the team route .

Brady got 55 million GUARANTEED. Some bargain. Laughing
terrell123

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift924 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
Swift924 wrote:
BeeperKing wrote:
Swift924 wrote:
BeeperKing wrote:
Swift924 wrote:
BeeperKing wrote:
Swift924 wrote:

Past two seasons

Ryan TDS-61 tds
Romo Tds-59 tds

Ryan ints-26
Romo ints -29

Ryan pass attempts-1181
Romo pass attempts-1170

Wink

And WINNING THE SB isnt a TEAM stat?????? Wow.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: