Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dom Davis running the Read-Option
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Swift924

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not great of idea and hurts flow of offense. If Falcons fail to make it to Super Bowl with a loaded team , I would rather franchise Ryan instead of paying him 20 mil per season and go with DD as QB and by trading Ryan you allow Nolan to build the defense up. I think DD with offensive talent we have in place would do just fine. Plus dont have to pay QB 20 mil per season
BeeperKing

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift924 wrote:
not great of idea and hurts flow of offense. If Falcons fail to make it to Super Bowl with a loaded team , I would rather franchise Ryan instead of paying him 20 mil per season and go with DD as QB and by trading Ryan you allow Nolan to build the defense up. I think DD with offensive talent we have in place would do just fine. Plus dont have to pay QB 20 mil per season

Yeah, that sounds like a great idea!
adam9

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift924 wrote:

Wtf

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift924 wrote:

Hahahaha such a troll post. Come one Swift, try harder. The thread in NFL Gen was at least discussion worthy. Laughing

Falcons. O's. Wizards. Caps.
ShockdAtFalcons

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift924 wrote:
Laughing oh the lulz

2013 Foster a falcon
SS William Moore: 85 Tackles, 3 FFs, 3 INTs.
WR Harry Douglas: 85 rec, 1,067 yards, 2 TDs.
SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift924 wrote:

You gotta be kidding me right?!!?!?!?
Willthethrill_H

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift924 wrote:

Lolz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpoonFed56 wrote:
Swift924 wrote:

Not kidding at all. If Ryan can't lead the Falcons to a Super Bowl this season with a revamped running game, Tony G back and two top tier Wrs
if he can't least make it to Super Bowl I see no sense paying Ryan a elite QB contract of 20 mil per season. That will hurt the teams salary cap
My thinking is if Ryan can't win or least get to Super Bowl when his cap is manageable now 12 million nothing will suggest Ryan can win a Super Bowl when his cap hit is 16-20 million. Him having that kind of cap hit hurts surrounding players around him

I would trade Ryan for 2 first round draft picks and build around DD, Bridgewater or Johnny Football before I pay Ryan 20 mil per season
Swift924

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeeperKing wrote:
Swift924 wrote:

Yeah, that sounds like a great idea!

Paying Matt Ryan 20 mil per season and never reaching Super Bowl is ?
adam9

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift924 wrote:
SpoonFed56 wrote:
Swift924 wrote:

Not kidding at all. If Ryan can't lead the Falcons to a Super Bowl this season with a revamped running game, Tony G back and two top tier Wrs
if he can't least make it to Super Bowl I see no sense paying Ryan a elite QB contract of 20 mil per season. That will hurt the teams salary cap
My thinking is if Ryan can't win or least get to Super Bowl when his cap is manageable now 12 million nothing will suggest Ryan can win a Super Bowl when his cap hit is 16-20 million. Him having that kind of cap hit hurts surrounding players around him

I would trade Ryan for 2 first round draft picks and build around DD, Bridgewater or Johnny Football before I pay Ryan 20 mil per season

Wtf

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what is hard to comprehend and you keep saying WTF adam?

If Matt Ryan doesnt make the Super Bowl with a loaded team this season
I see no reason into paying him 20 million per season. That would hurt Falcons salary cap and hurt the talent around the team.

I think Falcons would be better off with DD,Bridgewater or Johnny Football at there salary vs Ryan at his salary . Plus we will be able to put a better defense on field if were not paying our QB 20 million per season

If Ryan makes the super bowl I am sure he will be paid big money
JonnyQuest

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha Swift you are like the Skip Bayless of the Falcons forum. Laughing

I am entertained.

Falcons. O's. Wizards. Caps.
Swift924

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JonnyQuest wrote:
Haha Swift you are like the Skip Bayless of the Falcons forum. Laughing

I am entertained.

Not trying to entertain. Trying to root for Falcons to be a Super Bowl winning team and paying Ryan 20 million when only has 1 playoff win under his belt is not the brightest idea
matt2roddy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam, what if our defense is horrible and can't put any pressure on the passer? Would it be Ryans fault that the opposing O has all day to throw and we get picked apart like Rodgers did to us in 2010?

My 2011 Adopt-A-Falcon: 1st Team All Rookie Linebacker Akeem Dent!!!
2012 Adopt-A-Falcon: CB Asante Samuel
adam9

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without breaking any rules of the forum, if anyone thinks we should trade Matt Ryan to start Dominique Davis, then you are no longer anyone I want to associate with. There is a reason Matt Ryan started and dominated at BC while Dom transferred to ECU, and its not because Dom was better. There was a reason Matt was the first QB selected in a draft and Dom went undrafted. There's a reason why Matt started last season and Dom didn't. You guys are wayyyyyyy to enamored with the option/pistol or Kaepernick.

ATL sports fans are awesome, but holy hell if you want to trade a top 7 QB to start an UDFA who's never thrown an NFL pass, you are insane. There is no way around that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: