Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Interactive 2013 Redskins Mock Draft - Round 2 Up
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Mr. Allen, what should we do?
Make Trade with 49ers
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Make Trade with Dolphins
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Make Trade with Falcons
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Draft Blidi Wreh Wilson, CB, UCONN
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Draft Manti Teo, LB, Notre Dame
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Draft John Jenkins, DT, Georgia
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Draft David Amerson, CB/S, NC St
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Draft Margus Hunt, DE, SMU
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Draft DJ Swearinger, S, South Carolina
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Draft DJ Hayden, CB, Houston
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Draft Terrance Williams, WR, Baylor
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Draft Phillip Thomas, FS, Fresno St
20%
 20%  [ 4 ]
Draft Eric Reid, FS, LSU
35%
 35%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 20

mike23md

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If any trade to make it is the one that includes a 1st round pick, even if it is in the future. That is a no brainer. But with the need of a FS and the depth of talent at that position, you have to take at least one. We cannot go into the season with something that is complete garbage.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
Cash

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
If any trade to make it is the one that includes a 1st round pick, even if it is in the future. That is a no brainer. But with the need of a FS and the depth of talent at that position, you have to take at least one. We cannot go into the season with something that is complete garbage.

I hear you but I just don't see how Phil Thomas is 2nd round value. I'd rather trade back for Swearinger/Duke Williams in the 3rd. Hell I'd consider Patton in this situation too. I think he cold be the best wr in this class. Terrance Williams would be intriguing too.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric Reid. Most talent of any of the DBs available and the only true FS on the board
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mike23md

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cash wrote:
mike23md wrote:

I hear you but I just don't see how Phil Thomas is 2nd round value. I'd rather trade back for Swearinger/Duke Williams in the 3rd. Hell I'd consider Patton in this situation too. I think he cold be the best wr in this class. Terrance Williams would be intriguing too.

Patton is a good WR but he is not the best in this class. If we want to look at the best in this class, its Tavon Austin. But his size limits him for most teams to play the slot.

Phil Thomas is a 2nd round value because of his playmaking ability. Plus you dont stay in the 2nd round conversation if you have a bad combine, which he didnt.

I also see Swearinger as a early 3rd round SS. Duke Williams could pop his head in the 4th if there happens to be a run on S's.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
mike23md

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Eric Reid. Most talent of any of the DBs available and the only true FS on the board

Not true. Phillip Thomas is a true FS.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

i have my doubts. I'm not sure he's too much better than Elam in coverage. I think both could do the job admirably but if I want a true FS who's shown off great range already in the nation's best conference, I'm going with Eric Reid and I believe he's the most talented safety in the draft. I know he wasn't as good as he was expected to be in 2012, he gambles sometimes and takes bad angles sometimes but those things can be fixed. The things I saw him do in the 2011 season are things I don't thing any other safety in this draft can do.

Last edited by turtle28 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Cash

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
mike23md wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

i have my doubts. I'm not sure he too much better than Elam in coverage. I think both could do the job admirably but if I want a true FS who's shown off great range already in the nation's best conference, I'm going with Eric Reid and I believe he's the most talented safety int he draft. I know he wasn't as good as he was expected to be this year and he gambles sometimes and takes bad angles sometimes but those things can be fixed. The things I saw him do in the 2011 season are things I don't thing any other safety in this draft can do.

I have the same doubts about P. Thomas's ability to be a true FS at the NFL level. He definitely needs to improve in coverage and awareness. Most of his experience at Fresno St came at SS which leads me to think there would be a decent amount of transition time needed if we expected him to make the move to FS and in the 2nd round I think we need someone ready to start at safety right away if thats the direction we went. His leg injuries could be a concern too.

To say Reid wasn't as good as expected is a drastic understatement. He gambles ALL the time and takes TERRIBLE angles. He was burned nonstop in 2012 and has no idea how to form tackle. He played liked a 4th or 5th round pick in 2012. Pair that with him being an underclassman and I have very little expectation that Shanahan would draft him.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cash wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
mike23md wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

i have my doubts. I'm not sure he too much better than Elam in coverage. I think both could do the job admirably but if I want a true FS who's shown off great range already in the nation's best conference, I'm going with Eric Reid and I believe he's the most talented safety int he draft. I know he wasn't as good as he was expected to be this year and he gambles sometimes and takes bad angles sometimes but those things can be fixed. The things I saw him do in the 2011 season are things I don't thing any other safety in this draft can do.

I have the same doubts about P. Thomas's ability to be a true FS at the NFL level. He definitely needs to improve in coverage and awareness. Most of his experience at Fresno St came at SS which leads me to think there would be a decent amount of transition time needed if we expected him to make the move to FS and in the 2nd round I think we need someone ready to start at safety right away if thats the direction we went. His leg injuries could be a concern too.

To say Reid wasn't as good as expected is a drastic understatement. He gambles ALL the time and takes TERRIBLE angles. He was burned nonstop in 2012 and has no idea how to form tackle. He played liked a 4th or 5th round pick in 2012. Pair that with him being an underclassman and I have very little expectation that Shanahan would draft him.
i agree about Thomas and I do agree that Reid played poorly in 2012 but I still think he's the most talented FS prospect in the draft. Maybe we won't take him based on the reasons you describe (which are right on point)but I believe when we look back on the safeties in this draft class in 3 or 4 years he will be the best of the bunch.
mike23md

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Cash wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
mike23md wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

i agree about Thomas and I do agree that Reid played poorly in 2012 but I still think he's the most talented FS prospect in the draft. Maybe we won't take him based on the reasons you describe (which are right on point)but I believe when we look back on the safeties in this draft class in 3 or 4 years he will be the best of the bunch.

If we are talking in the draft than hands down the most talented S in the draft is Kenny Vaccaro.

If we are talking positional S's. The best SS is Matt Elam then Shamarko Thomas.

If you really get down to it, the most talented FS that has the biggest upside, is none other than Baccari Rambo. Played in the SEC and is a flat out playmaker. He is always around the ball and just makes plays. While he made some boneheaded moves off the field, those are behind him and he is the best FS in this draft talent wise.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll still take Eric Reid over this guys. I think Vacarro is overrated and I agree that Elam and Thomas are better options at FS.

For as much bad angles and gambling as Reid made, Rambo made the same amount but Rambo wasn't the FS on the best secondary in recent memory in the sec, Reid was.

Ill take Reid.
mike23md

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
I'll still take Eric Reid over this guys. I think Vacarro is overrated and I agree that Elam and Thomas are better options at FS.

For as much bad angles and gambling as Reid made, Rambo made the same amount but Rambo wasn't the FS on the best secondary in recent memory in the sec, Reid was.

Ill take Reid.

Who played opposite of Reid in the secondary? Tharold Simon? Mathieu was not on the team.

Who played opposite Rambo? Shawn Williams? Sanders Commings?

Last I checked, the two teams in the SEC championship game this year was Alabama and Georgia. Not LSU. Reid has not been a big part of a secondary that was better than Georgia's.

Reid is the best S LSU has had since Laron Landry. And if anything he compares to Laron Landry in his playstyle, and if you want someone like that in the secondary, then by all means. Reid is very intense on the field and he tends to use that as a strength but it is a huge weakness as well.

Which is why he takes bad angles, doesnt wrap up and tackle, goes for the big hit instead of just hitting or knocking the ball away. His flaws have been covered by a plethora of talented CB's like Mathieu and Claiborne and that showed in 2012 when they were both gone.

He will not produce like he did in 2011 and 2010 unless he has 2 good CB's that can cover his flaws. That is something we don't have.

The knock on Rambo is simple. He needs to keep away from the PED's. Can he do it and still play at a high level. In 2011 Rambo was a 2nd team All american with 55 tackles, 8 Pass break ups and 8 INT's.

In 2012, Rambo faced a 4 game suspension because of PED's, but came back to have 67 tackles and 3 INT's.

Quote:
An accomplished ball-hawk (16 career INTs) and an intimidating hitter, Rambo only has to reassure teams he's trustworthy to warrant early-round consideration.
- CBS Sports

And their comparison of Rambo?

Quote:
COMPARES TO: Dashon Goldson, FS, San Francisco 49ers: Like the 49ers' standout free safety, Rambo has a tendency to make splashy plays as a pass thief and intimidating hitter but is prone to an occasional breakdown. If he can tighten up his game (and his off-field decision-making) Rambo has the talent to earn Pro Bowl consideration, just as Goldson has done for the 49ers.

So ask yourself, do you want Laron Landry back? Or do you want Dashon Goldson?

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll see mike23md, I'm sticking by my man. I've loved Reid as a prospect since I first saw him in 2011 for LSU and I've wanted him on our team. I never thought it was possible for us to get him till now and I wouldn't pass on him, just like I wouldn't have passed on Brandon Taylor last year instead for Josh Leribeus.

I know one thing, I want nothing to do with drafting a college player who has a history of using PEDs and recreational drugs, I've made that clear. I'm not too excited about drafting either Rambo or Mathieu in this draft. If we do, I hope I'm wrong and they stay clean for us but I have a feeling Mathieu = Pacman Jones and Rambo = Tanard Jackson and why would you ever use draft picks in players with so many substance abuse problems and other issues when you can get players who don't have those issues.

They may be talented, but it doesn't matter if the player won't see the field because of off the field problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: