Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fred Davis; UPDATE Buffalo Offers contract
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joutman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Fred Davis Reply with quote

Fred Davis plans on visiting the jets.

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football/

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But still hasn't left buffalo. Sound familiar? Laughing

TommyC376^^^
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsnydes wrote:
But still hasn't left buffalo. Sound familiar? Laughing

Yea Freddy will have to hold down the airport again Laughing

jsnydes

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"He's at the airport. He's leaving town!"

20 minutes later

"False alarm! He just picked up his fiancé. Planning on showing her around buffalo!"

Laughing

TommyC376^^^
jb_gobills

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any sightings at Tempo?

^Jamison.
Where else would you rather be than right here, right now?
When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us
TommyC376

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/statuses/317372842238963715

Quote:
Washington free-agent TE Fred Davis has contract offers from Bills and Redskins in his pocket as he goes to visit N.Y. Jets.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're trying! We're really trying! Shocked

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
We're are about a week too late to start trying lol.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OffseasonChamps wrote:
Fred Davis would be a nice pick up. he's got ideal size and is a good athlete. i don't know how good of a blocker he is though.

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
If we let him leave without a deal OBD is officially a joke.

why weren't they already a joke for a hundred million other reasons?
is Fred Davis, in all his glory, potentially not signing with Buffalo really going to be the last straw?
what are you going to do if they don't sign him?

i just don't understand the "i hate you don't leave me" relationship people have with the team.

they suck, get over it. i've found that since 2004 when i stopped giving OBD any of my money, i'm bothered less by their ineptitude.

Fans have every right to be critical of this team. Don't like it? Then maybe you should reconsider posting on a public forum where there are tons of people with differing views and attitudes towards the team.

I believe Davis is using the bills as leverage.
cdavls17

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought so at first too but then realized that redskins don't really have any cap space to make a full commitment to him. The question is who would he rather play with jets or bills. In my opinion I think the jets qb situation is worse then the bills at this point and going into the draft the bills are likely to get a qb

Thanks Max
BeastM0de23RB

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:

I don't agree. That spending spree that occurred off the bat like that, it was rather ridiculous. Some great/solid players got some really good contracts. Good for them. We don't want to do anything stupid that will jeopardize our chances of retaining some guys that we're really going to need in the future, guys who have expiring contracts in the next year or two. That's why letting Levitre leave, for that money, was actually a smart move. I'm glad we didn't spend that kind of money to retain a G, even though I'll miss him dearly. He's been one of the staples on that line. Remained healthy, which is even rarer for us.

But, let teams have their fun. Even though we didn't enter the dump all your cash sweepstakes, there are plenty of guys out there who can help this team. Guys that won't cost us 7M per year. The Dolphins owe Wallace close to 17M next season. He will be the 2nd highest pair WR in the NFL in 2014, behind Larry Fitzgerald lol. Sure, it hasn't been an ideal offseason so far, but it's not too late to add pieces.

“Experiences are the chemicals of life with which the philosopher experiments” - M.P.H.
TommyC376

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeastM0de23RB wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:

I don't agree. That spending spree that occurred off the bat like that, it was rather ridiculous. Some great/solid players got some really good contracts. Good for them. We don't want to do anything stupid that will jeopardize our chances of retaining some guys that we're really going to need in the future, guys who have expiring contracts in the next year or two. That's why letting Levitre leave, for that money, was actually a smart move. I'm glad we didn't spend that kind of money to retain a G, even though I'll miss him dearly. He's been one of the staples on that line. Remained healthy, which is even rarer for us.

But, let teams have their fun. Even though we didn't enter the dump all your cash sweepstakes, there are plenty of guys out there who can help this team. Guys that won't cost us 7M per year. The Dolphins owe Wallace close to 17M next season. He will be the 2nd highest pair WR in the NFL in 2014, behind Larry Fitzgerald lol. Sure, it hasn't been an ideal offseason so far, but it's not too late to add pieces.
I agree we shouldn't have entered the spending spree, but we need to make some moves in FA. I mean we could have added a few depth players or even some role players, but we haven't yet. As it looks right now, we will have a lot of rookies, 6 draft picks and a bunch of UDFAs

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
BeastM0de23RB wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:

I agree we shouldn't have entered the spending spree, but we need to make some moves in FA. I mean we could have added a few depth players or even some role players, but we haven't yet. As it looks right now, we will have a lot of rookies, 6 draft picks and a bunch of UDFAs

I agree that it would have been nice to get a couple of those guys that have already signed, but there are still some good players available, and others that could become available. It's a given we'll add players. It's a must. We only have 61 guys under contract, and only 6 picks to play with. That means we have to add another 20+ bodies, no? Don't you bring 90 to camp? (Serious question)

“Experiences are the chemicals of life with which the philosopher experiments” - M.P.H.
TommyC376

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeastM0de23RB wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
BeastM0de23RB wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:

I agree that it would have been nice to get a couple of those guys that have already signed, but there are still some good players available, and others that could become available. It's a given we'll add players. It's a must. We only have 61 guys under contract, and only 6 picks to play with. That means we have to add another 20+ bodies, no? Don't you bring 90 to camp? (Serious question)
It honestly might even be more than 90 ... But 90 seems like a good number to me

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Davis cancels trip to the Jets Reply with quote

Fred Davis is not going to visit the Jets after all. We supposedly have made the better offer than the Redskins but not enough to assume we are going to get him.

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football/?rw=1[/quote]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: