Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fins mock with Tavon Austin taken in the first
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CanesFinsFan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Fins mock with Tavon Austin taken in the first Reply with quote

Free agent signings
Eric Winston 3 years 10.5mil
Tracy Porter 2 years 8mil

Draft
12. Tavon Austin - WR - WVU - I'm fully on board with drafting Austin in the first. He is explosive and can play outside, slot, and coming out of the back field.
42. Eric Reid - S - LSU
54. Kyle Long - OG/OT - Oregon - can play either guard or tackle. Strong and athletic.
77. DJ Hayden - CB - Houston - Mayock has him as his third favorite corner after his pro day. His injury will keep some teams away. I put on his tape and came away impressed.
82. Gavin Escobar - TE - San Diego State
110. Brandon Jenkins - DE/OLB - FSU
146. Xavior Nixon - OT - UF
166. Bradon McGee - CB - UM
217. Lonnie Pryor - FB - FSU
224. Dustin Hopkins - K - FSU
250. Colin Klein - QB/TE - Kansas State - probably will never play QB in the NFL but could play some TE maybe some goalline snaps.

^ Thanks for the sig Delphi83^
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is Austin going to fit?? You draft a guy in the 1st to make an impact and with Wallace, Hartline, and Gibson its going to be full and less room for impact.

Other than Austin I think that its a solid draft and could get behind it. Great value for Escobar at 82 and Brandon McGee at 166

Adopt a Dolphin: RB Knowshon Moreno

Rushing: 24- 134yds 5.6 Avg 1TD
SUG

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Highly doubt we sign Hartline, Wallace, Gibson & Keller to draft a WR in the 1st.
I don't care if he's the BPA, wont happen.

sug
bpastermack

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaytotha wrote:
Where is Austin going to fit?? You draft a guy in the 1st to make an impact and with Wallace, Hartline, and Gibson its going to be full and less room for impact.

Other than Austin I think that its a solid draft and could get behind it. Great value for Escobar at 82 and Brandon McGee at 166

Austin is actually the perfect compliment to what we have. He does a ton of underneath stuff and WR screens then makes guys miss. He is a fantastic WC offense guy and with Wallacw clearing out the safeties, Austin could be a star!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand the reasons not to take him. We havea plethora of WRs, but how many of them give us the play making abilities that Austin does? Wallace can sure but the defense is always going to know where he is. He is going to alway line up outside and every now and then an end around. Wallace isn't going to return kicks or punts. Hartline is a solid possession WR but that's it. Bess is a FA next year and probably won't be back. Just my opinion but I never liked the Gibson signing, just dont think he's that good (I hope I'm wrong on that). I just think Tavon would give Miami the play making abilities that Harvin gave Minnesota and will with Seattle.

All that being said I know the probabilities of Miami drafting Austin are slim to none.

^ Thanks for the sig Delphi83^
Daryl

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it! I am keeping my fingers crossed that we are bold enough to make such a move. D coordinators will be shedding hair trying to defend us. Talk about keeping the defense honest WOW!!!! I understand that in a normal yr and under normal circumstances with the needs we have you probably don't make that pick. However this isn't a normal yr draft wise for us not only do we have 11 picks we have 5 in the first 82. If there was ever a time to gamble on greatness it would be this yr because we have so many at bats with all those picks. Thats my two cents
ProudDolphan47

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warpticon wrote:
I think Mike Wallace made a mistake because *throws turd at wall*
Maddogg

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One simple reason I don't have Tavon Austin with the number #12 pick -----------> I have him graded in this draft as a second round pick.

Falling in love with a player and wanting to take warm showers with him only leads to regret down history lane where our very good friend Mr. Hindsight slaps us like a little girl.

I need to buy you a "BPA Baby!" T-shirt.

Jared Odrick 2014 Adopt A Player : Games - 6, Tackles 7 Assists 2 Sacks 1 Forced Fumbles 1

Joe Philbin Death Watch - After Week 7 : Death 24 Joe 21
ProudDolphan47

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddogg wrote:
One simple reason I don't have Tavon Austin with the number #12 pick -----------> I have him graded in this draft as a second round pick.

Falling in love with a player and wanting to take warm showers with him only leads to regret down history lane where our very good friend Mr. Hindsight slaps us like a little girl.

Warpticon wrote:
I think Mike Wallace made a mistake because *throws turd at wall*
bpastermack

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddogg wrote:

You assume just because people want him at 12 that we all are reaching for a guy just cause we like him even though we all think he is a second round value. TONS of false assumptions in that. Many of us believe he is one of the top 10 players in this entire draft and would thus be solid value at 12.

Or do you think we want Austin based on need? Like we suddenly need another receiver? We have lots of other needs. Austin would be going against our needs for what we feel is a better player than the other options at our positions of need.

BTW, you are the ONLY person I have seen anywhere on the internet who stills sees Austin as a second round value. The latest I see him taken in any mock draft is in the mid 20's, but I have seen a couple of people say he is a top 5 player in the entire draft!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddogg wrote:

I see him as the 5th best player in this draft...

Joeckle
Fisher
Floyd
Milliner
Austin
Johnson
Ansah

Austin is THE most dynamic player in the draft and one of the five best players coming out this year. I understand there is good value later in the draft and the second round is filled with guys who will be productive, but none of them do what Tavon Austin does. He's the type of a player teams game plan for, he keep defensive coordinators up late at night, he puts fear in opposing defenses. This is home run threat that will open the offense for his teammates. You know why Stedman Bailey was so productive...because teams were damn scared of Austin that they spent most of their time concentrating on somehow stopping him (which they failed to do most of the time). Put him on the field with Wallace and Hartline and Tannehill will look like an all-pro. Safeties stay back worried Wallace is going deep, hit Austin on the slant. Safeties cheat up to help with Austin, send Wallace and Hartline deep outside. HE makes defenses change from their modus operandi and he is a match-up nightmare. Austin is without a doubt a 1st rounder and is he were 3 inches taller with his skill set would be a top 5 pick.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to take BPA each round, especially if we sign Winston. Having said that, I don't see Tavon Austin being the best player where we are drafting, and I think we've addressed the receiver position enough this postseason. I'm not high on Tracy Porter, so if one of the 1st round CBs drops to us I think that should be the pick.

Nacho Simulation Football League
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dj Hayden pick alone makes me like this draft. He = the truth but doubt he last that long unless there are medical concerns.

I like everyone of your picks except Reid I have 6 safetys ahead of him. Put swearinger/cyprien/ in that spot and I will go streaking in the streets after this draft
BDog19851

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I see of Austin the more I like him. He wouldn't be my first choice for the 12th pick, but if he was the pick I would love to have him on the team. May end up leaving us with a hole elsewhere, but a few years down the road I think we would be quite pleased with the pick, especially with the way the NFL is moving to a space and speed game.
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the draft goes anywhere close to what I think I am hoping we take johnathon cooper and team him up with pouncey for the next 8 years but I would be excited with a Tavon Austin pick.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: