Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

PeytonFan18 Colts Mock v. 1.0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PeytonFan18

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: PeytonFan18 Colts Mock v. 1.0 Reply with quote

Its hard to imagine with all the FA signings we've made that there is room on the roster for another 6 players, but here's our slate of draft picks as I see them ... for now.

1 (24): Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee: When I watch hunter I see a natural runner. Long and lean, he reminds me of Randy Moss when running. Now that likely means he'll never be able to run the plethora of routes we've been accustomed too (Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harisson) but I have no doubt he'll take the top off any NFL defense he faces. He's got good speed (4.44 forty), great height and weight (6' 4", 196 lbs) and game tape that jumps. After an ACL tear in 2011, its plausable that Hunter never reached his full potential in 2012.

3 (86): Jordon Poyer, CB/S, Oregon State: The need dictates OLB and WR with the first picks, but I don't know we're gonna get anything different at OLB in round 3 then what we have on the team. The value is on the back end, or at OG/C. Poyer lacks true top end speed, but the guy is a playmaker. He had 7 INT's last year for the beavers, and projects as a Nickle corner, or possible centre field like safety for this team.

4 (121): Travis Bond, OG, North Carolina: The value in the middle of the draft is going to be on the interior of the o-line. Bond is huge at 6' 5" and 329 lbs. He has crazy long arms at 35.5". He'd immediately add some teeth to the run game if he could win the RG spot. A lot of upside here ... there are few people with this level of size.

6 (192): Bacarri Rambo, S, Georgia: Prototype size, 2nd team all american who's draft stock will be pushed down due to off field issues. I get the feeling this team isn't as concerned with the off field stuff as it used to be, and this is only a 6th rounder. Team is in need of special teamers and reserve safety, which can be addressed this late in the draft.

7 (230): Braden Brown, OG, BYU: A big bodied, long guard prospect with experience at OT. Older then most prospects due to his missionary work. Solid, not flashy prospect who should make a team as a back up.

7 (254): Garret Goebel, DE/DT, Ohio State: Prototype size for the 5 technique. This pick is a long shot to make the team, but a 5T from the Big 10 has to have a better shot then most.

Images courtesy of the great IndyColt#88

Last edited by PeytonFan18 on Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
wayne87reggie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: PeytonFan18 Colts Mock v. 1.0 Reply with quote

PeytonFan18 wrote:
Its hard to imagine with all the FA signings we've made that there is room on the roster for another 6 players, but here's our slate of draft picks as I see them ... for now.

1 (24): Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee: When I watch hunter I see a natural runner. Long and lean, he reminds me of Randy Moss when running. Now that likely means he'll never be able to run the plethora of routes we've been accustomed too (Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harisson) but I have no doubt he'll take the top off any NFL defense he faces. He's got good speed (4.44 forty), great height and weight (6' 4", 196 lbs) and game tape that jumps. After an ACL tear in 2011, its plausable that Hunter never reached his full potential in 2012.

3 (86): Jordon Poyer, CB/S, Oklahoma State: The need dictates OLB and WR with the first picks, but I don't know we're gonna get anything different at OLB in round 3 then what we have on the team. The value is on the back end, or at OG/C. Poyer lacks true top end speed, but the guy is a playmaker. He had 7 INT's last year for the beavers, and projects as a Nickle corner, or possible centre field like safety for this team.

4 (121): Travis Bond, OG, North Carolina: The value in the middle of the draft is going to be on the interior of the o-line. Bond is huge at 6' 5" and 329 lbs. He has crazy long arms at 35.5". He'd immediately add some teeth to the run game if he could win the RG spot. A lot of upside here ... there are few people with this level of size.

6 (192): Bacarri Rambo, S, Georgia: Prototype size, 2nd team all american who's draft stock will be pushed down due to off field issues. I get the feeling this team isn't as concerned with the off field stuff as it used to be, and this is only a 6th rounder. Team is in need of special teamers and reserve safety, which can be addressed this late in the draft.

7 (230): Braden Brown, OG, BYU: A big bodied, long guard prospect with experience at OT. Older then most prospects due to his missionary work. Solid, not flashy prospect who should make a team as a back up.

7 (254): Garret Goebel, DE/DT, Ohio State: Prototype size for the 5 technique. This pick is a long shot to make the team, but a 5T from the Big 10 has to have a better shot then most.

I love Hunter as a prospect, and the closer the draft gets and the moves we have made!! He is who I would be looking at in round 1 IMO!

Love Poyer in the 3rd although I doubt he is there!

Love the Rambo pick as well!!

Cant say I know too much about the other 3!
Nobody

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great mock! I'm a huge Poyer fan, and think he should stay at CB. Btw, he's from Oregon State, not OK State.

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember just before free agency critiquing a mock draft with a WR in the first round saying that the only way we would draft a WR in the first is if we addressed OLB (Walden?), DE (RJF), NT (Franklin), CB (Toler and Butler) and OL (Thomas) in free agency. So I guess it is put up or shut up time.

I'm still not 100% up on all the prospects but I've seen quite a few mocks with us taking Hunter in the first and Rambo in either the 4th or 5th round (or 6th) so we probably won't end up with them. Laughing
CapitalColts

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a big Hunter fan. I think most people are putting him in the first based on what he could become, and I've never put much faith in the futures market. If the Colts do go WR in the first, then I'd say go with Allen. I think he's the best fit for the WC offense and has languised in Cal with horrible QB play.

I think an outside pick for the first is Travis Frederick. He's rated in the 40s-50s, but was a BEAST of a RG last year and suffered this year from a lack of experience on the Wisconsin O-line. Every year a few guys surprisingly jump in the first round, like Zietler last year with Cincy. I'd be VERY pleased with Frederick, especially because I don't think he lasts until the third.
wayne87reggie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CapitalColts wrote:
I'm not a big Hunter fan. I think most people are putting him in the first based on what he could become, and I've never put much faith in the futures market. If the Colts do go WR in the first, then I'd say go with Allen. I think he's the best fit for the WC offense and has languised in Cal with horrible QB play.

I think an outside pick for the first is Travis Frederick. He's rated in the 40s-50s, but was a BEAST of a RG last year and suffered this year from a lack of experience on the Wisconsin O-line. Every year a few guys surprisingly jump in the first round, like Zietler last year with Cincy. I'd be VERY pleased with Frederick, especially because I don't think he lasts until the third.

Then we should trade down a few spots, if we acquire him!
Nobody

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CapitalColts wrote:

I'd only take him if he is there in the third. Guards fall on draft day, he isn't worth a first.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need a RB
Trailblazers
Canucks
Luck & RG3 fan
Nobody

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckIsGOAT wrote:
We need a RB
Not really. Bell or Taylor in the 3-4th would be nice, but Ballard behind an improved line is enough.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good effort on this mock. I agree we need to draft a wide reciever early. IMO that's our biggest need on the offensive side of the ball.
TheManager

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hunter is overrated
CapitalColts

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody wrote:
CapitalColts wrote:

I'd only take him if he is there in the third. Guards fall on draft day, he isn't worth a first.

I thought the same thing about Zietler last year, but he played very well for Cincy. Now, I'm not advocating Frederick, I'm just saying I wouldn't be surprised, especially since a guy at my office showed me a story from a draft website (it's been a few weeks, so I've forgotten exactly which one) which identified Frederick as a possible first round surprise and listed the Colts and Falcons as possible landing spots.
oldman9er

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really like the Hunter, Poyer, and Brown picks.

I think it's a bit far-fetched to imagine that Rambo falls out of the 3rd round. I also view Poyer as a 1st rounder, and Bond as a late rd/UDFA. Shocked

( but that's the fun of the draft... lots of speculation and differing viewpoints )

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: