Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Browns plan to 'run the shoes off' of T-Rich
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
poorbytehshore

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Browns plan to 'run the shoes off' of T-Rich Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/258605/browns-plan-to-run-the-shoes-off-richardson

400 touches? Looks like I'm going to win my fantasy league again this year Laughing

Really hope he can start the season off completely healthy and remain that way. The Kellen Davis signing makes more sense now too.
Kiwibrown

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

350 rushing touches max with his physical style, 50 receptions to bring it up to 400. I hope he is managed well, not a two or three season wonder cos he is run into the ground.
NewWorldOrder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

400/16=25 touches per game. 3-4 passes and 21-22 rushing attempts. Seems like a reasonable goal.

Every time the Browns start a new QB, a puppy dies!
Adopt-A-Browne: Mike Lombardi
2013 stats...2 head coaches fired, &over 300 cups of coffee served daily to Banner.
TeHDruiD

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Browns plan to 'run the shoes off' of T-Rich Reply with quote

poorbytehshore wrote:
Really hope he can start the season off completely healthy and remain that way. The Kellen Davis signing makes more sense now too.

Absolutely. The thing to keep in mind with both Davis and Barnidge is they're both more athletic then you'd think. Davis (4.59 40) and Barnidge (4.61 40) can both block pretty well and are underrated receiving options. Once everything gets going, defenses won't know what the heck to do when they see both on the field at the same time because if they over-commit to the run they will get torched in the passing game

You factor that in with the more vertical mindset that Chud and Norv bring and it's going to keep guys out of the box because they have to respect the deep ball. Honestly, this is already a more innovative approach to the offensive side of the ball then Shurmur brought because he did no one on the offense any favors. It's going to put a lot of stress on opposing defenses and DC's because their are so many options per every play

The next step is for the coaching staff to really start working on Cameron Jordan's blocking ability. The guy can be a monster in this offense, but to see the field he's going to have to learn to block so the offense isn't predictable and they need to get Davis on a juggs machine because he needs to catch the ball better than he has in the past to fully utilize his physical abilities
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NewWorldOrder wrote:
400/16=25 touches per game. 3-4 passes and 21-22 rushing attempts. Seems like a reasonable goal.

high amounts of touches tend to destroy RBs careers

this is dumb imo
roger murdock

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think setting a goal on carries is ever smart. Use him effectively, not excessively. If you need him to touch the rock 30 times in a game do it, but if you can get by using him on 12 carries and using him as a decoy to set up play fakes let that happen as well.

I'm never a fan of forcing action to a player. Be dynamic and constantly adapting.

That being said - hes got the potential to be our best playmaker (and one of the best in the NFL), so it excites me that our staff cant wait to use him.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
NewWorldOrder wrote:

this is dumb imo

That's why they are used up when they hit 30.

Turner's O has ridden on the backs of some very successful backs who were used a lot.

So be it. If you have a horse, you ride it.
Kiwibrown

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
NewWorldOrder wrote:

this is dumb imo

I agree, hopefully the statement is a motivational one, like be in shape for the season and you are important to us.
TeHDruiD

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he'll get an Arian Foster type work load, which is a lot, but Trent will get more receiving opportunities as opposed to 300+ carries so it evens out a bit. It'll actually be pretty similar to the stats he put up last year in terms of rushing attempts and receptions

The difference (hopefully), is he won't have a whole defense waiting on him on every snap due to the type of offense Chud runs
IWANTAP!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TeHDruiD wrote:
I think he'll get an Arian Foster type work load, which is a lot, but Trent will get more receiving opportunities as opposed to 300+ carries so it evens out a bit. It'll actually be pretty similar to the stats he put up last year in terms of rushing attempts and receptions

The difference (hopefully), is he won't have a whole defense waiting on him on every snap due to the type of offense Chud runs

This hit the spot for me. D's knew when we where going to run because I knew when we where going to run. We had the most predictable offense in the league last year. Wen we run is what I feel has to and will change, not how often we run, but when.
bruceb

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IWANTAP!! wrote:
TeHDruiD wrote:

This hit the spot for me. D's knew when we where going to run because I knew when we where going to run. We had the most predictable offense in the league last year. Wen we run is what I feel has to and will change, not how often we run, but when.

The predictability last year enraged me.

I used to call the plays, even the 3rd and short of a 1st, aloud.

Woof!
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
NewWorldOrder wrote:

this is dumb imo

Turner's O has ridden on the backs of some very successful backs who were used a lot.

ricky williams sucked for 5 years after he was ridden hard. 27-31, wasted space. albeit that included the retire year. larry johnson washed up at 28.

rather not that happen to trent richardson. this is just another example of how you lack in long term vision though.
bruceb

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
bruceb wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
NewWorldOrder wrote:

this is dumb imo

ricky williams sucked for 5 years after he was ridden hard. 27-31, wasted space. albeit that included the retire year. larry johnson washed up at 28.

rather not that happen to trent richardson. this is just another example of how you lack in long term vision though.

Think Smith and Tomlinson, not losers like Williams and Johnson (really, Johnson?...haha).
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
bruceb wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
NewWorldOrder wrote:

this is dumb imo

Think Smith and Tomlinson, not losers like Williams and Johnson (really, Johnson?...haha).

whats funny about 3500+ yards and 37 rushing touchdowns in two years? fyi he added 750 receiving yards and 3 receiving touchdowns?

also after Smith's last 400 touch season he never came close to the numbers he experienced in those years. He never achieved all pro status after that. 2 more probowls in 9 years.

Tomlinson was a g-damn machine. Arguably the best back ever (i wouldnt, but some younger fans who arent browns fans could), and certainly the best of his generation.

T-Rich hasn't hit 1000 yards or 4 YPC yet. He can't even hold a candle to Larry Johnson's career yet. How do we even know hes a horse?
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also ricky williams isn't exactly a loser... 10000 career rushing yards... coulda been more if wannstedt didn't ruin the prime of his career

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: