Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Miami Mock 3-23
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Phinsnation84


Joined: 26 Jan 2013
Posts: 521
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Miami Mock 3-23 Reply with quote

*Eric Winston signs with Miami on a 3 yr 11million dollar deal. (PROJECTED)

1) Xavier Rhode CB FSU- Corner is Miami's biggest need at this point and Rhodes is a tall strong corner who can press in Miami's zone scheme.
2) Justin Pugh G Syracuse- Pugh was a tackle at Syracuse but due to his arm size he will be moved inside to play guard replacing John Jerry.
2) Blidi Wreh-Wilson CB UCONN- Miami is expected to double down on corners so they grab Wilson to compete for the #2 or #3 corner spot.
3) Phillip Thomas S Fresno St.- With Clemons only coming back on a 1 year deal, Thomas could be a situational player this year as he learns the ropes.
3) Ryan Swope WR Texas A&M- With Bess in the final year of his contract, the Dolphins could look into drafting a player like Swope who has connections with the Dolphins offense.
4) John Simon DE Ohio St.- The reason why Miami waits until the 4th to grab a pass rusher is because I think they believe that Olivier Vernon will have a major impact next season. So do I.
5) Marcus Lattimore RB South Carolina- Give him a chance is all I can say. His rehab is reportedly going very very well. If he is fully healthly, Miami is not only getting the player Daniel Thomas was supposed to be but they are getting a huge steal and compliment to Lamar Miller. Kinda of like the old Ronnie and Ricky running game.
5) Michael Williams TE Alabama- Miami signed Dustin Keller but they have no true blocking TEs on roster. Williams is not a guy who will stretch the field but he is a good blocker.
7) Anthony McCloud DT FSU- Depth behind Starks, Soliai, and Randall
7) Earl Watford OG JMU- More depth in round 7 is the way Ireland usually goes.
7) Jahleel Addae SS Central Michigan- He has a cool name and can provide depth.

Thanks for reading
_________________

Adopt A Dolphin: Brian Hartline
Final: 76REC 1016YDS 4TD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
joeyL.


Joined: 03 Feb 2009
Posts: 935
Location: Morgantown, WV
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im warming up to the idea of lattimore.

hed be a steal in the 5th if he can regain his pre injury form.
_________________

^^^packerbacker87, mad props yo.
"
This is America, the land of individualism, civil
disobedience and footballs that dont roll like the rest of the world wants them to"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cddolphin


Joined: 23 Mar 2009
Posts: 6189
Location: Gainesville, FL
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have enough picks that I wouldn't mind taking Lattimore with one of them.
_________________
Maddogg wrote:
Also, Joe Philbin denies knowing who won the presidential election in 2012 because as quoted "I don't go anywhere where people talk about anything."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ovaw8lover


Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Posts: 9041
Location: Dolphins Stadium
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no way Lattimore lasts til the 5th round. I would not be shocked if someone takes him in the second. I know it sounds high but that kid was special while at South Carolina. His injuries are a concern which is why I could see him dropping to the 4th but all it takes is one team.
_________________
"Yesterday Is History, Tomorrow Is A Mystery, And Today Is A Gift. That Is Why It Is Called The Present.""
Master Oogway from Kung Fu Panda
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jaytotha


Joined: 27 Jan 2008
Posts: 4432
Location: Spokane Valley, Wa
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think Rhodes is a good fit for Miami. He is similar to Smith in the style they play. Other than that I think its a good draft
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phinsnation84


Joined: 26 Jan 2013
Posts: 521
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaytotha wrote:
I dont think Rhodes is a good fit for Miami. He is similar to Smith in the style they play. Other than that I think its a good draft


Problem with Smith was that he was a man to man cornerback and struggled in zone. Rhodes can play both Zone and man to man. He can also press which is something that Kevin Coyle is looking for.
_________________

Adopt A Dolphin: Brian Hartline
Final: 76REC 1016YDS 4TD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Warpticon


Joined: 21 May 2010
Posts: 1556
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaytotha wrote:
I dont think Rhodes is a good fit for Miami. He is similar to Smith in the style they play. Other than that I think its a good draft


Rhodes isn't as much like Smith as people say, outside of being a big corner who excels in press coverage. When Smith came out there were questions of whether he could stick at corner in scouting reports because he was tight hipped. Rhodes doesn't have that stigma, and he has better raw speed, plus he's demonstrated better ball skills at the college level. Even if zone isn't his #1 strength right now, I don't think he's as limited in zone as people make him out to be, and he should only get better.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Emerica


Joined: 12 Nov 2011
Posts: 1379
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jaytotha


Joined: 27 Jan 2008
Posts: 4432
Location: Spokane Valley, Wa
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warpticon wrote:
Jaytotha wrote:
I dont think Rhodes is a good fit for Miami. He is similar to Smith in the style they play. Other than that I think its a good draft


Rhodes isn't as much like Smith as people say, outside of being a big corner who excels in press coverage. When Smith came out there were questions of whether he could stick at corner in scouting reports because he was tight hipped. Rhodes doesn't have that stigma, and he has better raw speed, plus he's demonstrated better ball skills at the college level. Even if zone isn't his #1 strength right now, I don't think he's as limited in zone as people make him out to be, and he should only get better.


Big corners want to get their hands and hit at the line of scrimmage. This defense isnt built that way. I just prefer Trufant in our system over Rhodes. Want a guy that has strength in zone because that is what we run
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Warpticon


Joined: 21 May 2010
Posts: 1556
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaytotha wrote:
Warpticon wrote:
Jaytotha wrote:
I dont think Rhodes is a good fit for Miami. He is similar to Smith in the style they play. Other than that I think its a good draft


Rhodes isn't as much like Smith as people say, outside of being a big corner who excels in press coverage. When Smith came out there were questions of whether he could stick at corner in scouting reports because he was tight hipped. Rhodes doesn't have that stigma, and he has better raw speed, plus he's demonstrated better ball skills at the college level. Even if zone isn't his #1 strength right now, I don't think he's as limited in zone as people make him out to be, and he should only get better.


Big corners want to get their hands and hit at the line of scrimmage. This defense isnt built that way. I just prefer Trufant in our system over Rhodes. Want a guy that has strength in zone because that is what we run


Trufant is a man corner, too, plus he's especially penalty prone.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phinsnation84


Joined: 26 Jan 2013
Posts: 521
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warpticon wrote:
Jaytotha wrote:
Warpticon wrote:
Jaytotha wrote:
I dont think Rhodes is a good fit for Miami. He is similar to Smith in the style they play. Other than that I think its a good draft


Rhodes isn't as much like Smith as people say, outside of being a big corner who excels in press coverage. When Smith came out there were questions of whether he could stick at corner in scouting reports because he was tight hipped. Rhodes doesn't have that stigma, and he has better raw speed, plus he's demonstrated better ball skills at the college level. Even if zone isn't his #1 strength right now, I don't think he's as limited in zone as people make him out to be, and he should only get better.


Big corners want to get their hands and hit at the line of scrimmage. This defense isnt built that way. I just prefer Trufant in our system over Rhodes. Want a guy that has strength in zone because that is what we run


Trufant is a man corner, too, plus he's especially penalty prone.


His backpedal also isnt very clean. A lot of wasted steps
_________________

Adopt A Dolphin: Brian Hartline
Final: 76REC 1016YDS 4TD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jaytotha


Joined: 27 Jan 2008
Posts: 4432
Location: Spokane Valley, Wa
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phinsnation84 wrote:
Warpticon wrote:
Jaytotha wrote:
Warpticon wrote:
Jaytotha wrote:
I dont think Rhodes is a good fit for Miami. He is similar to Smith in the style they play. Other than that I think its a good draft


Rhodes isn't as much like Smith as people say, outside of being a big corner who excels in press coverage. When Smith came out there were questions of whether he could stick at corner in scouting reports because he was tight hipped. Rhodes doesn't have that stigma, and he has better raw speed, plus he's demonstrated better ball skills at the college level. Even if zone isn't his #1 strength right now, I don't think he's as limited in zone as people make him out to be, and he should only get better.


Big corners want to get their hands and hit at the line of scrimmage. This defense isnt built that way. I just prefer Trufant in our system over Rhodes. Want a guy that has strength in zone because that is what we run


Trufant is a man corner, too, plus he's especially penalty prone.


His backpedal also isnt very clean. A lot of wasted steps


Someones been listening to Omar Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SUG


Joined: 15 May 2007
Posts: 6725
Location: Alameda, Ca
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reality is that for all the FA pass catching talent we've signed this offseason we still need an OT & 2 new OG to actually make it work.
I wouldn't touch a CB till selection # 3B & no way do I like the Rhodes selection in any rnd.

We operate a 4/3 Deff with a some speedy & pesky Nicklebacks why on earth would we draft a 1st rnd 6'- 2 Thug CB in the 1st rnd...?

Think about everything weve invested in Tanbehill & the FA weve signed.
Now look at J. Long leaving & J. Jerry & Incognito ... what part of that Oline resembles us beating the Patriots...?

sug
_________________
# 52
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
SUG


Joined: 15 May 2007
Posts: 6725
Location: Alameda, Ca
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUG wrote:
The reality is that for all the FA pass catching talent we've signed this offseason we still need an OT & 2 new OG to actually make it work.
I wouldn't touch a CB till selection # 3B & no way do I like the Rhodes selection in any rnd.

We operate a 4/3 Deff with a some speedy & pesky Nicklebacks why on earth would we draft a 1st rnd 6'- 2 Thug CB in the 1st rnd...?

Think about everything weve invested in Tanbehill & the FAs weve signed.
Now look at J. Long leaving & J. Jerry & Incognito ... what part of that Oline resembles us beating the Patriots...?

sug

_________________
# 52
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Deets


Moderator
Joined: 16 Oct 2004
Posts: 12766
Location: Red Sox Nation
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We really need to get Winston signed soon. I'm tired of worrying about a big hole on the offensive line.
_________________

FF Member #67
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group