Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kiko Alonso
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Selkiesxx

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Kiko Alonso Reply with quote

Put his tape on and tell me you wouldn't want this guy in a Bears uniform.

His instincts are top-notch. His character concerns are the only thing holding him back from a first round grade.

@BodamEscapePlan (Twitter)
DaMike

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldnt say his instincts are top notch but he's a really good all around player. I cant imagine him actually being selected in the 1st round though. 1 year starter, over aggressive at times and off the field issues. I really like him as a SLB or MLB.

Also not the brightest kid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45nk7FtQcKM
DABEARSLCF04

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
I wouldnt say his instincts are top notch but he's a really good all around player. I cant imagine him actually being selected in the 1st round though. 1 year starter, over aggressive at times and off the field issues. I really like him as a SLB or MLB.

Also not the brightest kid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45nk7FtQcKM

i could not get through that hole video, he seems like he is a few cents short of a dollar.

Adopt a Bear.... Ka'Deem Carey.... HB.... Arizona
28 att for 130 yards 4.6avg. HALL OF FAME!
ShaggyBear

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just watched a 3 minute highlight video of his, and I really wasn't too impressed. He seems to be good at finding the ball carrier and incepting, but he would drive me crazy with the way he tackles. I can easily see him just get run over by some of the bigger backs, and eaten alive by some of the quicker linemen. Personally I would pass on him

DaMike

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShaggyBear wrote:
I just watched a 3 minute highlight video of his, and I really wasn't too impressed. He seems to be good at finding the ball carrier and incepting, but he would drive me crazy with the way he tackles. I can easily see him just get run over by some of the bigger backs, and eaten alive by some of the quicker linemen. Personally I would pass on him
Dont watch highlight videos.
ShaggyBear

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
ShaggyBear wrote:

I watched that interview as well. I wasn't going to be redundant about him not being smart enough to set up the defense to succeed

DaMike

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShaggyBear wrote:
DaMike wrote:
ShaggyBear wrote:

I watched that interview as well. I wasn't going to be redundant about him not being smart enough to set up the defense to succeed
You're not going to learn much about a player from a highlight video though.
ShaggyBear

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
ShaggyBear wrote:
DaMike wrote:
ShaggyBear wrote:

You're not going to learn much about a player from a highlight video though.

Ok I just watched the USC game and still feel the same. The guy looks like a corner back playing linebacker

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=YrrBn2ff4js&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DYrrBn2ff4js

JPeppers90

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
ShaggyBear wrote:

Sometimes I don't know what you guys see. I was not impressed with his tape one bit. He's good at hitting the holes but as soon as he makes contact with a guy bigger/stronger than him he gets completely blown up. Not pressed with his power at all and I don't think he has the size to be a starting LB in the nfl.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trestman likes high-character players.
DaMike

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he's a better version of Alec Ogletree.
DaMike

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JPeppers90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
ShaggyBear wrote:

Sometimes I don't know what you guys see. I was not impressed with his tape one bit. He's good at hitting the holes but as soon as he makes contact with a guy bigger/stronger than him he gets completely blown up. Not pressed with his power at all and I don't think he has the size to be a starting LB in the nfl.
He's 6'3 240lbs. He can play around 250 and be fine. Size isnt the issue. I have no issue with his strength. He's very physical. My biggest issue is that he's inexperienced and seems lost at times.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
Trestman likes high-character players.
Apparently not too high considering we just signed a guy who was suspended most of the season last year.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Kiko Alonso Reply with quote

Selkiesxx wrote:
Put his tape on and tell me you wouldn't want this guy in a Bears uniform.

His instincts are top-notch. His character concerns are the only thing holding him back from a first round grade.
We might start considering this guy after the third round.
Roadrunner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
I think he's a better version of Alec Ogletree.

I am not sure how you are seeing that. What I have seen of Ogletree puts him leagues ahead of this guy. If Ogletree makes it to the second round (the earliest Alonso is expected to go), I will eat my shoe.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: