Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Deal or No Deal(Trade)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ImissEricGreen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Deal or No Deal(Trade) Reply with quote

After selecting Xavier Rhodes with the 12th pick Dolphins offer picks 42,54 & 106 to Steelers for pcik 17 to draft RT DJ Flucker

Steelers Selections
2. David Amerson FS 6'1 205 North Carolina State
2. Corey Lemonier OLB/DE 6'3 255 Auburn
2. Terron Armstead OT 6'5 306 Arkansas-Pine Bluff
3. D.J. Swearinger SS 5'11 208 South Carolina
4. Corey Fuller WR 6'2 204 Virginia Tech
4. Dion Sims TE 6'5 262 Michigan State
5. Chris Jones DT 6'2 302 Bowling Green
6. A.J. Klein ILB 6'1 250 Iowa State
6. Brad Wing P 6'3 184 LSU
7. Denard Robinson WR 5'11 199 Michigan
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No deal.

Not even close to a deal.
MightyJoeYoung

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
No deal.

Could you explain why for us please?

Thanks to Joe_is_the_best for the sig

"The King Stay the King"
popie70

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a huge boom or bust draft. Most of those guys have a ton of potential but were never really stars in college. If they all boom than it would be an A+ draft, if they don't it's a F-. Seems very risky to me.
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do like some of the players. I don't like taking safeties in back to back rounds however. I do like their versatility though. Maybe take a NT or ILB sooner rather than later. A 6'2 302 NT is of no use to the team. Plus he's to small to wind up at end as well.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig
ImissEricGreen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

popie70 wrote:
This is a huge boom or bust draft. Most of those guys have a ton of potential but were never really stars in college. If they all boom than it would be an A+ draft, if they don't it's a F-. Seems very risky to me.
Not inregards to rds 4-UDFA, the draft appears to be thin but its not. Colbert has some tough calls to make but trading would be the easily way out. I also thing Gilbert & Sanders are on the block. Butterfingers could easily be replace by Utahs Reggie Dunn or SMU Sam McDuffie. more dependable pass catchers. Losing Wallace doesnt mean we're losing our deep ball ability just that we're gaining better pass catchers and route runners.
ImissEricGreen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1BackInBlackFan wrote:
I do like some of the players. I don't like taking safeties in back to back rounds however. I do like their versatility though. Maybe take a NT or ILB sooner rather than later. A 6'2 302 NT is of no use to the team. Plus he's to small to wind up at end as well.
He is only an inch shorter than Hood, plus Jay Ratliff played NT at some exact size but this kid plays lilke Reggie White, screw the size just get him on the team and give him a shot. Could you explain why there is no uproar for starting a 6'1 '28' arm length center in Legs(although he was solid) but when it comes to drafting a 6'2 300 beast of a DL some say hes to small.???? Hell that goes for Beachum as well.
armsteeld

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good draft. Swearinger reminds me of Mundy to much so switch him for Reid.Amerson can be CB also.

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most years I'd say hell no, but I'm not sold on the first round prospects. The pass rushers all scare the [inappropriate/removed] out of me. High bust factor. The only WR I like at that spot is maybe Patterson. It's kind of no man's land this year in the first. If you trade back you could grab a good S, WR, RB and LB prospect.

You'd have to see who is on the board when the pick comes in. For all we know the Steelers really love a guy there and think he's going to be a star. If you feel that way, I always stay put and draft that guy instead of all the shuffling around looking for value.
armsteeld

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CKSteeler wrote:
Most years I'd say hell no, but I'm not sold on the first round prospects. The pass rushers all scare the [inappropriate/removed] out of me. High bust factor. The only WR I like at that spot is maybe Patterson. It's kind of no man's land this year in the first. If you trade back you could grab a good S, WR, RB and LB prospect.

You'd have to see who is on the board when the pick comes in. For all we know the Steelers really love a guy there and think he's going to be a star. If you feel that way, I always stay put and draft that guy instead of all the shuffling around looking for value.

If the passrushers scare you, then why do you like Patterson? He double catches, runs horrible routes, and is a 1 year wonder. He is a more raw version of Darius Heyward Bey.

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patterson does scare me, but I don't think he'll fail because of a lack of physical ability. I don't get to talk to these guys, so I don't know if he's really a dimwit or not. If he is, I don't know if I'd touch him. Of the things you listed, though, you can coach all of it up if the guy has the mindset. Running routes isn't something I'd expect a one year starter to be great at.

DHB is a guy who ran in a straight line fast at the combine, so I think that's an unfair comparison. Demaryius Thomas was raw when he come out with little production. If Patterson has the brains, I think he'll succeed.

I also didn't mean it to come off as if I don't like any of the OLB/pass rushers. I don't think they'll be there. Jones and Ansah are guys I'd personally like. I'd put them on the level of Patterson. No lock any of those three is there when they pick (though I think one will be).
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MightyJoeYoung wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
No deal.

Ive discussed most of these players many times before. I dont have to elaborate. I dont like the draft. Thats all I have to say.

Meanwhile, ONCE AGAIN, instead of adding your own thoughts on the mock, you have to whine about what someone else said.

Just keep proving me right that youre obsessed with me, and are incapable of actually posting on topic.
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ImissEricGreen wrote:
1BackInBlackFan wrote:
He is only an inch shorter than Hood, plus Jay Ratliff played NT at some exact size but this kid plays lilke Reggie White, screw the size just get him on the team and give him a shot. Could you explain why there is no uproar for starting a 6'1 '28' arm length center in Legs(although he was solid) but when it comes to drafting a 6'2 300 beast of a DL some say hes to small.???? Hell that goes for Beachum as well.

A fifth round pick who plays like Reggie White? Okay. He's not too small for the right scheme. For what the Steelers do though he is. You're right he is only an inch smaller than Hood who has yet to make an impact on the team at DE. 6'2" 5T are nowhere to be found in the league and he's not sturdy enough to hold up at NT for an extended time. Maybe in certain passing situations he could come in but nothing more than that.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig
MightyJoeYoung

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
MightyJoeYoung wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
No deal.

Ive discussed most of these players many times before. I dont have to elaborate. I dont like the draft. Thats all I have to say.

Meanwhile, ONCE AGAIN, instead of adding your own thoughts on the mock, you have to whine about what someone else said.

Just keep proving me right that youre obsessed with me, and are incapable of actually posting on topic.

Wow... I was genuinely asking a question. We have already established I don't have any thoughts on 99% of players in the draft as I have not seen any of them play.

The positions seemed like they filled needs but I don't know the players so was wondering what the problems with the individual players were.

It's fine though as others offered some thoughts that were of use to me.

Thanks to Joe_is_the_best for the sig

"The King Stay the King"
JLambert58

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
MightyJoeYoung wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
No deal.

It's a legit question. If your going to bring a strong opinon, give some reasons or at the very least don't insult people for asking for an explanation. Not everybody keeps a file of your prior comments. Why don't you stay on topic as you urge everyone else to do.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: