Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Buccaneers are shopping CB Eric Wright
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
YoungBucs15

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HandsomeBob29 wrote:
Does our front office really think we can get something for him? Nnandi just signed a contract worth $3 million. Even then, idk why we'd trade him. I mean he wasn't great but I'm not ready to just get rid of what little talent we have there until we have something.

Is that the HandsomeBob? Wright will take the pay cut and should give us an average #2 and good #3 depending on how the Rookie does.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YoungBucs15 wrote:
HandsomeBob29 wrote:
Does our front office really think we can get something for him? Nnandi just signed a contract worth $3 million. Even then, idk why we'd trade him. I mean he wasn't great but I'm not ready to just get rid of what little talent we have there until we have something.

Is that the HandsomeBob? Wright will take the pay cut and should give us an average #2 and good #3 depending on how the Rookie does.

Hahaha I had to do a double take as well! Wright restructured is going to happen. Not sure if I'm 100% sold but take note when Wright played without Talib last year we won 5 of those 7 games!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4198/eric-wright

Quote:
Pewter Report reports that CB Eric Wright is "Plan B" for the Bucs if they can't land Darrelle Revis in a trade.

Michael Johnson 11 tackles | 2 sacks | 1 ff
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wright wasn't awful last year. He's a solid #2 who can shift and play te slot wr.

He's not worth the money he makes but he's a solid player.
Soul Glo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ehhh he won't kill us if he's our #2 and he's a good number three, talent wise I'd like to keep him just not worth anywhere near the money he is making. Needs to be more accountable, he's lucky our CB situation sucks.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't go as far as saying he's a solid #2 guy. 3rd guy sure but I would still like an upgrade in the future if he does end up being our 2nd guy this year.

Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4198/eric-wright

Quote:
Pewter Report reports that CB Eric Wright is "Plan B" for the Bucs if they can't land Darrelle Revis in a trade.

That is a horrible plan B

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
indifference

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Wright wasn't awful last year. He's a solid #2 who can shift and play te slot wr.

Agreed. Wright is a solid #2. When he did play he wasn't downright horrible. He gave up plays last year every other game or so but that pass rush was horrid. Not to mention he was probably the best tackling CB on the team fwiw I know that's not saying much.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

Agreed. Wright is a solid #2. When he did play he wasn't downright horrible. He gave up plays last year every other game or so but that pass rush was horrid. Not to mention he was probably the best tackling CB on the team fwiw I know that's not saying much.

Yep. I mean every cb gets beat deep. It's the way the league is now a days. I mean I sa both Sherman and browner get beat a few times by white and jones and they're probably te top duo in the nfl along with their safeties. Our fan base has too much high standards.

People forget our offense sputtered down the stretch. That would be my top concern is qb.
eggybucsfan31

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric Wright is 'Plan B'? How is someone that is already on the team a 'Plan B'? It's likely he'd still be around even if we do acquire Revis.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eggybucsfan31 wrote:
Eric Wright is 'Plan B'? How is someone that is already on the team a 'Plan B'? It's likely he'd still be around even if we do acquire Revis.

Maybe we cut him if Revis ends up in Tampa. Take the $7mil and put it towards the Revis deal.

Barber plays the slot and draft Rhodes at 13.

Revis - Barber - Rhodes

Barron - Goldson

eggybucsfan31

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
eggybucsfan31 wrote:

Maybe we cut him if Revis ends up in Tampa. Take the $7mil and put it towards the Revis deal.

Revis - Barber - Rhodes

Barron - Goldson

It's getting to the point where Revis ain't happening unless we give them the 13th pick, which we should. If we do that, we have to keep Wright around, even if he's going to be grossly overpaid.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eggybucsfan31 wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
eggybucsfan31 wrote:

Revis - Barber - Rhodes

Barron - Goldson

It's getting to the point where Revis ain't happening unless we give them the 13th pick, which we should. If we do that, we have to keep Wright around, even if he's going to be grossly overpaid.

I am not opposed to trading the 13th pick at all. Seems like Mark has a guy in mind or the trade would already be done. That seems to be the only sticking point.

Whether we trade for Revis or not I think if Wright does play for us this year it will be at a reduced price. When guys like Talib, Smith, Grimes are signing for $5ish mil no chance Wright gets $7 imo.

HandsomeBob29

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still. Whether he's a plan B or not, we need bodies back there at this point. I love Leonard and his potential and I dont think Eric Wright is bad. But we need more guys to where Eric is a 2 or a 3 and Leonard is a nickel that develops into something more.

And as for my absence, I've been trying to finish up classes as well as having a gag order from UF. (For people who may not have known, I filmed Florida Football). Now since I dont work there anymore, I can freely post again.

Rise and Grind. Gators 2013
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HandsomeBob29 wrote:
Still. Whether he's a plan B or not, we need bodies back there at this point. I love Leonard and his potential and I dont think Eric Wright is bad. But we need more guys to where Eric is a 2 or a 3 and Leonard is a nickel that develops into something more.

And as for my absence, I've been trying to finish up classes as well as having a gag order from UF. (For people who may not have known, I filmed Florida Football). Now since I dont work there anymore, I can freely post again.

WHO IS GONNA START AT QUARTERBACK FOR THE GATORS NEXT SEASON?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: