Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trade down scenarios
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dswinton

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would the Chiefs trade the #1 pick to rival Oak to let Oak take their franchise QB? I am a Jags fan and I want us to take Geno. How about yall just take take yall tackle and be satisfied. Yall already robbed us out of the first pick our team was way horrible than yalls. Yall had six pro bowlers we on the other hand will have at least 30 draft free agents on our team next season. If Oak want a QB let them trade for Flynn.

"Thanks for the great sig MoJo122-b-21, one of the best alive".
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
While Daniel is mostly an unknown, he's not Brady Quinn. I recall little excitement or optimism for Quinn other than "he's not Cassel". There may have been people, even me, "excited" for Quinn to play for no other reason than he doesn't wear #7. I was never big on Quinn and hated the signing because even fans knew he wasn't going to be a significant upgrade and certainly not enough for our FO to consider him as a threat to Cassel's job before the season.

Now Daniel may never be a star or even a starter, but I think there is legit belief that he can play a little and I also prefer him to Foles. Don't confuse that optimism with anyone believing he's the next Drew Brees or even as good as Alex.

What are you basing your preference for Daniel over Foles on?

My own gut feeling, I liked him in college, I like mobility, the fact Reid pursued him like he did, the fact he wasn't any kind of prospect because of height which isn't a big deal as well as arm strength which he has worked to improve substantially.

May not be alot, but remember I just like him as a backup. There was nothing I liked about Quinn except for the qualities where I could say "well he's better than Cassel".

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of

Last edited by ArrowheadRage58 on Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:42 am; edited 1 time in total
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did Daniel play in a spread at Mizzou?

^ryknowssd on the sig
marnz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Did Daniel play in a spread at Mizzou?

yes

alex did under meyer too

a WCO/s[read offense sounds intriguing would be very interesting to see
FrostyCow

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
While Daniel is mostly an unknown, he's not Brady Quinn. I recall little excitement or optimism for Quinn other than "he's not Cassel". There may have been people, even me, "excited" for Quinn to play for no other reason than he doesn't wear #7. I was never big on Quinn and hated the signing because even fans knew he wasn't going to be a significant upgrade and certainly not enough for our FO to consider him as a threat to Cassel's job before the season.

Now Daniel may never be a star or even a starter, but I think there is legit belief that he can play a little and I also prefer him to Foles. Don't confuse that optimism with anyone believing he's the next Drew Brees or even as good as Alex.

What are you basing your preference for Daniel over Foles on?

My own gut feeling, I liked him in college, I like mobility, the fact Reid pursued him like he did, the fact he wasn't any kind of prospect because of height which isn't a big deal as well as arm strength which he has worked to improve substantially.

May not be alot, but remember I just like him as a backup. There was nothing I liked about Quinn except for the qualities where I could say "well he's better than Cassel".

To piggy back on this, why i like him:

Daniel was good in college, except he came short in big games. He was intelligent, knew the playbook backwards and forwards, and came off as a good leader. As a backup, the best we can realistically imagine is a player who can come in for a few games and win about half of them. A guy who doesn't need raps in practice because he's capable of going through mental reps, who understands the offense, and can come right in fresh and do okay. Daniel's college career shows that he's at least capable of that.

The other side of being a back up QB is being a sort of coach and confidant of the primary QB. Daniel was always a coach on the field, and has the mind of a coach. He's perfect for holding a clipboard and helping dissect defenses.

He also played pretty good in the Saints pre-season games. He passed the eye test in those scenarios. He was running around, supporting his team mates, and looked like a pretty good back up.

Just because he hasn't had much regular season experience doesn't mean you can discount his ability as backup. Hassleback threw 29 passes and warranted a trade.

I admit, I don't know much about Foles, but he seems just like another backup that has one good game and everyone goes ga ga for him, much like Kolb. Maybe I don't have a great reason for putting Daniel over Foles, but I feel like Daniel has shown enough in the pros and college that he's a good number 2. I don't think he'll take over and be an all world starter, and I don't think he's great just because he's stood next to Brees a lot. He fits a backup role quite nicely though.
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Would the Chiefs trade the #1 pick to rival Oak to let Oak take their franchise QB? I am a Jags fan and I want us to take Geno. How about yall just take take yall tackle and be satisfied. Yall already robbed us out of the first pick our team was way horrible than yalls. Yall had six pro bowlers we on the other hand will have at least 30 draft free agents on our team next season. If Oak want a QB let them trade for Flynn.

I'm honestly not sure which team was worse, we had more talent, but I think our coaching cost us in a huge way. On a side not, DAMN that is a lot of Yall-s.

And You could always move up with us to make sure we don't trade the pick to another team.
Mongo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Option 8 ) 1. Buf – Geno Smith
2. Jax – Dion Jordan
3. Oak – Luke Joeckel
4. Phi – Star Lotulelei
5. Det –Eric Fisher
6. Cle – Dee Miliner
7. Ari – Barkevious Mingo
8. KC – Ziggy Ansah
1st (3000) to 8th (1400) - 1600 pt. difference
2013 Trade-able picks: 1.8, 2.9 (490), 3.9 (225), 4.8 (86), 5.10 (37), 6.9 (23.8 )

I like option 8 with the fried rice and an egg roll. But I'd like to substitute if I may...

BUF takes Geno. JAX takes Ziggy. OAK takes Shariff. PHI takes Joker. DET takes Millner (Fisher is a strong possibility). CLE takes Jordan. AZ takes Fisher.

With the eighth pick in the 2013 NFL draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select...

...Star Lotuleilei, defensive tackle, Utah.

PS: I hate drafting DT highly. It's the most speculative position in the draft. Why? Because there aren't enough NFL capable interior OL to get a fair gauge on a NCAA's DT's NFL capability.
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mongo wrote:
Quote:
Option 8 ) 1. Buf – Geno Smith
2. Jax – Dion Jordan
3. Oak – Luke Joeckel
4. Phi – Star Lotulelei
5. Det –Eric Fisher
6. Cle – Dee Miliner
7. Ari – Barkevious Mingo
8. KC – Ziggy Ansah
1st (3000) to 8th (1400) - 1600 pt. difference
2013 Trade-able picks: 1.8, 2.9 (490), 3.9 (225), 4.8 (86), 5.10 (37), 6.9 (23.8 )

I like option 8 with the fried rice and an egg roll. But I'd like to substitute if I may...

BUF takes Geno. JAX takes Ziggy. OAK takes Shariff. PHI takes Joker. DET takes Millner (Fisher is a strong possibility). CLE takes Jordan. AZ takes Fisher.

With the eighth pick in the 2013 NFL draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select...

...Star Lotuleilei, defensive tackle, Utah.

PS: I hate drafting DT highly. It's the most speculative position in the draft. Why? Because there aren't enough NFL capable interior OL to get a fair gauge on a NCAA's DT's NFL capability.

I'm nitpicking here, but Star wouldn't be a DT/NT for us. He'd be a 4 or 5 technique (DE). Star's questions about his dedication to the game scares me, though. That's my biggest concern with him. His overall work ethic seems sketchy at best based on what I've read and seen in interviews. Here's what I mean:

NFL.com wrote:
The Utah native was an all-state pick as a high school senior and signed to play for the same BYU Cougars team he grew up following, but he failed to qualify academically. He started his collegiate career with a great freshman year at Snow Junior College (52 tackles, 14 for loss, three sacks), but played at more than 350 pounds and quit football after the season because he questioned his passion for the sport. Sitting out made him miss the game, however, and Utah took a chance on his talent. A focused and slimmed-down Lotulelei played in 13 games in 2010, starting three and making 21 tackles, 2.5 for loss.

Huge red flag for me. Could all be about nothing, considering Ngata had the same concerns coming out, but I can't help but to think he might quit on the team once he gets a big pay day.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
Mongo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:

I'm nitpicking here, but Star wouldn't be a DT/NT for us. He'd be a 4 or 5 technique (DE)
He might. He might not. He may not be a “stereotypical” NT.

What I find intriguing is we could have two “Ngata-eseque” guys on our DL at once.

Haloti is one of a kind. Possibly the most undervalued superstar in the NFL. It’s fascinating to think of the disruption two guys, even remotely close to his talents, on the same team, playing any spot in a 3-4 or either interior 43 spot, could bring.

As for a Star/Poe/DeVito combo? The matchups don’t work? Spin the wheel! We’ll move our guy to the correct position. We’ll throw in Allen Bailey to mess up your notion.

Has there ever been a 34 line with that flexibility? Let’s be the first! You have to find the next big thing if you want to evolve past being a 2-14 loser hoping to gain playoff contention.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mongo wrote:
ryknowssd wrote:

I'm nitpicking here, but Star wouldn't be a DT/NT for us. He'd be a 4 or 5 technique (DE)
He might. He might not. He may not be a “stereotypical” NT.

What I find intriguing is we could have two “Ngata-eseque” guys on our DL at once.

Haloti is one of a kind. Possibly the most undervalued superstar in the NFL. It’s fascinating to think of the disruption two guys, even remotely close to his talents, on the same team, playing any spot in a 3-4 or either interior 43 spot, could bring.

As for a Star/Poe/DeVito combo? The matchups don’t work? Spin the wheel! We’ll move our guy to the correct position. We’ll throw in Allen Bailey to mess up your notion.

Has there ever been a 34 line with that flexibility? Let’s be the first! You have to find the next big thing if you want to evolve past being a 2-14 loser hoping to gain playoff contention.

I would add that we could even show alot of 4-3 fronts with Lotulelei and Poe being solid options as more traditional defensive tackles in the 4-3. I could see either being interchangable in handling 1-gap or 2-gap assignments. Star especially could shoot gaps as a UT in that front, but both have that flexibility. So in that sense he could be termed as DT, NT, DE. I see the same for Poe and that is alot of flexibility.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: