Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Apparently, we suck at Free Agency....
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingTitan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Apparently, we suck at Free Agency.... Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/42847/309/free-agency-losers

Quote:
1. Titans

Notable Additions: OG Andy Levitre, TE Delanie Walker, RB Shonn Greene, QB Ryan Fitzpatrick, LB Moise Fokou, DT Sammie Lee Hill, S Bernard Pollard and OL Rob Turner.

Notable Subtractions: TE Jared Cook and QB Matt Hasselbeck.

The Titans have been shaky on both fronts this offseason, failing to protect their own house as they lost Cook, and throwing dung at the wall when it comes to their outside additions.

The Titans correctly identified Cook as their top in-house priority. They then come nowhere close to re-signing him, watching as he emerged as one of the hottest names of Day One. The market loved what it saw in the long underutilized tight end. The Titans stood by helplessly.

They made up for Cook’s loss by handing out perhaps the single worst contract of free agency. That would be three years, $10 million and $4.5 million guaranteed for Greene, a player who’s averaged 4.2 yards per carry during his undistinguished career and will serve as a pure backup to Chris Johnson.

Tennessee got better at backup QB (Fitzpatrick) and along its interior line (Levitre). But everything else has smacked of spending for the sake of spending. Turner is a replacement-level talent, Walker has stone hands, Hill has no history of production and Pollard is a head case who’s on his fourth team in seven years, not to mention the downslope of his career.

The “vision” seems to be that owner Bud Adams is realizing his own mortality and throwing increasingly regular and hyperbolic temper tantrums. “Scattershot” is never the way to approach March, especially when the talent base isn’t already there. Tennessee has made a lot of moves this spring, but one of them won’t be “up in the standings.”

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1576700-the-tennessee-titans-free-agent-signings-make-absolutely-no-sense
Quote:
Titans
The Tennessee Titans Free Agent Signings Make Absolutely No Sense
Flylow

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't even waste my time reading articles that grade teams free agency's, honestly. No one can predict how team signings or player contracts will turn out and most of the time the ones that get all of the attention, fail. Best example of a "great free agency haul" and vastly failed, the Philadelphia Eagles and the so called "Dream Team" FA class.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHHAAHHAA

These are outside people writing about a team that have no real clue about. I could write about the Vikings and critique their offseason and it would be equally crazy.

Thing is, we updated spots of need. We have even added depth at spots of need.

TBH, the only thing I was scared about was cap results next couple years because of this, but the contracts are so short it wont even matter.
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised you posted this KT, because I know you don't actually care about what they say. Wink

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster RB/WR -- 9 CAR 29 YDS, 1 REC 17 YDS
2) Sammie Hill NT -- 2 TCK 1 SCK
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rotoworld is one of the worst sports sites. That's why I take every rumor they say with a grain of salt. Bunch of idiot writers that know nothing about a small-market team like us. Anybody that thinks we had a bad free agency period is an idiot. How can any anybody think different? Look at all the wholes we've filled....

LG - Andy Levitre - Instant upgrade and one of the best pulling OG's in the league.

S - George Wilson - Veteran depth we needed in our secondary. Upgrade over backup safeties SS RJ and Afalava from last year.

TE/H-Back - Delanie Walker - Good blocker and is really what we've been looking for as an H-Back. We now have 2 or the best blocking TE's in the league. It's obvious we're moving towards back to being more physical aka The Real Titans. We want to pound the rock and use alot of play action. Walker also adds a great special teamer.

RB - Shonn Greene - Brings the change of pace back we needed. Greene was at his best when he was in a two-back system with LT. He now has a chance to do that again. Greene was one of the best 3rd and short backs last year and that's primarily what he'll be doing this year along with goal line. Huge upgrade over Ringer and Harper.

DT - Sammie Lee Hill - Probably my least favorite signing but still a solid signing. He'll be used to clog up the running lanes. Upgrade over Marks. Still think we go DT at some point in the draft.

LB - Moise Fokou - Improved our depth at LB.

OC/OG - Rob Turner - Good depth signing and spot starter at OG or OC. Upgrade over Harris or Amano and Lutui because he can play all 3 interior positions.

SS - Bernard Pollard - Great signing. Can't see the negative here. Brings a physical presence and veteran leadership to our secondary. Great in the box safety. While he's in the box it allows Griffin to stay out(thank god) and play centerfield. Maybe Griffin hasn't been the problem. Think about it, Griffin was an elite safety when he had a good SS playing next to him(Hope's earlier years). Hope fell off and Babineaux sucked therefore Griffin had to take on more responsibilities such as playing in the box. He's never been a great tackler but when you have someone like Pollard it allows Griffin to sit back and play centerfield.

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones

Last edited by ttitansfan4life on Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont care what anyone thinks about the Titans or Free Agency because teams like GB NO an NE have been pretty much quiet and there gonna be fine you would think. And teams like SF an Sea have been beefing up there teams threw FA and they look like early Conference finals matchups. But its the offseason this Titans team still has ways to go with or without these FA signings. Like most winning teams 3 important parts of the puzzle that winning teams have are a more than average QB (All on Lockers shoulders this year) a great 0-line(I think we'll get back to that this year) and a defense that can rush the passer and make plays in the secondary (Prob the biggest flaw with our team) so who cares what that guy wrote its only March

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Shaun Phillips: 10 Tackles 6 Assist 1 Sack

Ropati Pitoitua: 10 Tackles 7 Assist 2 Sack
justing101

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol It's funny (and annoying) when people talk about something that they have no idea about.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The worst contract of the off-season is handing out a $3 million a year contract to a RB averaging "only 4.2 YPC"? Does that moron realize that 17 starting RBs last year averaged less than that, including LeSean McCoy, DeMarco Murray, Arian Foster, Steven Jackson, Trent Richardson, Darren McFadden, and Rotoworld's favorite, Ryan Mathews?

I'm pretty sure there's a LOT worse signings than giving up 2.3% of your cap space to a guy whose ran for 1,000 yards the past 2 seasons despite having Mark Sanchez to take defenders out of the box.

And you would think a FANTASY FOOTBALL SITE would realize how much of an underachieving bum Jared Cook is. But nah, blame it on both coaching regimes that he failed to produce under.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finnerception wrote:
The worst contract of the off-season is handing out a $3 million a year contract to a RB averaging "only 4.2 YPC"? Does that moron realize that 17 starting RBs last year averaged less than that, including LeSean McCoy, DeMarco Murray, Arian Foster, Steven Jackson, Trent Richardson, Darren McFadden, and Rotoworld's favorite, Ryan Mathews?

I'm pretty sure there's a LOT worse signings than giving up 2.3% of your cap space to a guy whose ran for 1,000 yards the past 2 seasons despite having Mark Sanchez to take defenders out of the box.

And you would think a FANTASY FOOTBALL SITE would realize how much of an underachieving bum Jared Cook is. But nah, blame it on both coaching regimes that he failed to produce under.

This.

Like the draft, it's too early to see who winners and losers are.
-Munch-

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahaha... i wanna remember this article when december rolls around
TitanSS

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cook received like 7 million a year from the Rams didn't he?

And we're the ones with the bad TE signing.
titans0021

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They were signed by the Titans, they have to be terrible. Obviously. Rotoworld is pretty much in love with PFF, and their terrible ranking system has led rotoworld to dislike most of our signings. Rotoworld is where I get some of my news, it's certainly not where I go for quality analysis.
norg

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pollard is back in our divison I guess we will be throwing his way now hes crafty but when he played here in Houston he couldn't cover in the flats for nothing man to man u better pray when the ball comes his way he gets burnt crispy

esp when playing elite QB's they target him
titans0021

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

norg wrote:
Pollard is back in our divison I guess we will be throwing his way now hes crafty but when he played here in Houston he couldn't cover in the flats for nothing man to man u better pray when the ball comes his way he gets burnt crispy

The good news is that we don't have any elite quarterbacks in our division. Laughing

He's going to be an almost exclusively in the box safety. And regardless of his struggles in coverage, he is an improvement over Babineaux in every way imaginable.
VY-FTW

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
norg wrote:

The good news is that we don't have any elite quarterbacks in our division. Laughing

He's going to be an almost exclusively in the box safety. And regardless of his struggles in coverage, he is an improvement over Babineaux in every way imaginable.

I was going to say that LOL. Laughing

CalhounLambeau on the sig!

Adopt-A-Titan:
-Nate "The Great" Washington
Rec: 12 Yds: 160 TD: 0
-Ryan Succop
FG: 9/11 Long: 47

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: