Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Texans sign former Raiders P Shane Lechler to 3-year, $5.5M
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Texans sign former Raiders P Shane Lechler to 3-year, $5.5M Reply with quote

Quote:
Former Raiders Pro-Bowl P Shane Lechler is signing a 3-year, $5.5 million contract that includes a $1 million signing bonus with Texans.

http://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/statuses/315275412332756992
Tom Brady Tribute
Underwood

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This pleases me, Billy Spikes. I command thee to go forth and bring Texan Nation more good news.

Sig by Eaglezphan21
jch1911

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soon as he was a free agent, you knew it was coming. Laughing

Plus, 3 years @ $5.5M ($1M SB) ain't too bad

Just guessing on the numbers, but likely
2013: $1M + $333K SB
2014: $1.5M + $333K SB
2015: $2M + $334 SB

Unless it is $1.5M base salary every year Wink
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the signing!

Lechler is still one of the best punters in the league even tho he had a so-so year. People tend to as good as Donnie Jones was in the regular season, he was freaking horrible in the postseason.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least part of our special teams is solved
Wolf6151

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very ehhhhh on this signing, I just don't see the need to sign an old, expensive, FA Punter. Jones was good last year, and we could have drafted a late rounder or signed an UDFA for less money that's younger, cheaper, and solidifies the position for the next 10-15 yrs..
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolf6151 wrote:
I'm very ehhhhh on this signing, I just don't see the need to sign an old, expensive, FA Punter. Jones was good last year, and we could have drafted a late rounder or signed an UDFA for less money that's younger, cheaper, and solidifies the position for the next 10-15 yrs..

Ya but doesnt Lechler do kickoffs? And doesnt he sail most of those through the back of the endzone? I could be wrong, but if he does that would be a huge boost to our lack of a return game.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
Wolf6151 wrote:

Ya but doesnt Lechler do kickoffs? And doesnt he sail most of those through the back of the endzone? I could be wrong, but if he does that would be a huge boost to our lack of a return game.

If he can, I love this signing.

If he can't, I'm peeved we are paying so much to a punter again.

kenney

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
Wolf6151 wrote:

I don't know if he can or not, but I doubt he did them when Sebastian Janikowski was on the same team.
texans_uk

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
Wolf6151 wrote:

I don't know if he can or not, but I doubt he did them when Sebastian Janikowski was on the same team.

Yeah I seem to remember Sebass nailing them through the posts on a couple of occasions.

DreDay80

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't Shane absolutely "G" Devin Hester last year with an 80 yard bomb? He definitely has the leg for touchback kickoffs.
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DreDay80 wrote:
Didn't Shane absolutely "G" Devin Hester last year with an 80 yard bomb? He definitely has the leg for touchback kickoffs.

Eh I asked the guys over in Raider Nation, and they said in Madden he does but he's not as good as you'd think in real life.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually shouldn't the goal be to bounce the ball off the 1 yard line or pin them within there 10 yard line or less
ServantofYHWH

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

norg wrote:
actually shouldn't the goal be to bounce the ball off the 1 yard line or pin them within there 10 yard line or less

For punts, absolutely, but we need a boot for kick offs that result in touch backs or Kick Returners bringing the ball deep out of their end zone.
jch1911

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good read on Lechler. Also explains SOME (not all) of the problems he had last year.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2013/03/lechler-signing-becomes-official-special-teams-unit-has-am-flavor/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: