You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Could we have taken Wilson?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chali21

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Could we have taken Wilson? Reply with quote

So the other day I was thinking what if we didn't take Pryor in the Sup. Draft? Could we have selected Russell Wilson? Or where we picking too high?
GJT1347

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If "if's and buts" were candy and nuts....
Django

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Could we have taken Wilson? Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
So the other day I was thinking what if we didn't take Pryor in the Sup. Draft? Could we have selected Russell Wilson? Or where we picking too high?

No. The Seahawks pick was before our possible 3rd round pick.
attack_in_s/b

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no one anticipated Wilson doing what he did, if anyone had seen that coming he would have been a 1st rounder. In hindsight, i'm sure half the teams in the NFL wished thats where they spent there 3rd round pick... not just us with pryor.
Chali21

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I wasn't really saying what if in the perspective of what we all know now cause I mean if we re-did the draft Wilson would have gone 3rd maybe. What I'm saying is do you guys think a year ago knowing what we knew then if Reggie would have taken him.
Big Rob

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pretty sure if we took Wilson last year he wouldnt have had nearly the same amount of success and everybody would be on Reggie for taking a 5'10 QB with his first draft pick...
S&B Bleeder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With our line he might have gotten his @ss kicked and cut.
NickButera

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Could we have taken Wilson? Reply with quote

Django wrote:
Chali21 wrote:

Pretty simple answer. Wilson was picked at #75. Our first pick in last years draft was #95.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
raidr4life

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Rob wrote:
pretty sure if we took Wilson last year he wouldnt have had nearly the same amount of success and everybody would be on Reggie for taking a 5'10 QB with his first draft pick...
Bingo, which is the reason why we shouldn't take a QB this year either, we need to fix a lot of other things first.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Could we have taken Wilson? Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
Django wrote:
Chali21 wrote:

Pretty simple answer. Wilson was picked at #75. Our first pick in last years draft was #95.

Even if we didn't take Pryor, as he said in the OP we would have picked at 78.
NickButera

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Could we have taken Wilson? Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
NickButera wrote:
Django wrote:
Chali21 wrote:

Even if we didn't take Pryor, as he said in the OP we would have picked at 78.

Oooh, missed that part. But I guess it still applies Laughing

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
attack_in_s/b

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wilson also went into a good offense... good running game, solid group of wideouts, our old #1 pass catcher for a TE lol.... goes without saying he had a much much much better defense than ours too. All in all, maybe he could have pulled it off here too, but more likely than not, Wilson's success could be greatly attributed to a solid supporting cast on offense and defense.... to expect him to be able to play at a similar level here is slightly naive.
FreshPrince

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

today i heard on the radio someone comparing russell wilson to ej manuel.

im not sure if they were comparing their game or just comparing them as later round prospects with a lot of potential.

what do you guys think? i don't know much about manuel but honestly the little bit I've seen I've liked.

also do you think he'll make it to our 3rd round pick? just watching espn today i saw mcshay putting him as high as late round 1.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FreshPrince wrote:

im not sure if they were comparing their game or just comparing them as later round prospects with a lot of potential.

what do you guys think? i don't know much about manuel but honestly the little bit I've seen I've liked.

also do you think he'll make it to our 3rd round pick? just watching espn today i saw mcshay putting him as high as late round 1.

Manuel is overrated. People are falling in love with the physical tools, that's it.

He has no pocket presence or awareness and lacks accuracy on his passes. He folds up under pressure. You can't teach those things.

People are seeing the read-option fad and projecting his athletic ability in it. As a passer, he's just not that good and will struggle. I also expect the read-option to be put to rest this season.

Wilson had the tools, leadership, etc. of a great QB. Height was his knock.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
FreshPrince wrote:

Manuel is overrated. People are falling in love with the physical tools, that's it.

He has no pocket presence or awareness and lacks accuracy on his passes. He folds up under pressure. You can't teach those things.

People are seeing the read-option fad and projecting his athletic ability in it. As a passer, he's just not that good and will struggle. I also expect the read-option to be put to rest this season.

Wilson had the tools, leadership, etc. of a great QB. Height was his knock.

I disagree with that. Played extremely well vs Clemson and was by far the most consistent QB at the Senior Bowl. The guy isn't a day 1 starter, but he'll be a very good starter once he works on his mechanics like all these QBs. Guy throws a pretty accurate deep ball too.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: