You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders Draft Thread Version 4.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
agarcia34


Joined: 24 Feb 2011
Posts: 6480
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too much money for Albert he will require a Jake Long type deal where u can get a rookie and pay him half of what u would pay Albert.
_________________
#Dodgers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 25678
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

agarcia34 wrote:
Too much money for Albert he will require a Jake Long type deal where u can get a rookie and pay him half of what u would pay Albert.


And you also lose 3-4 high draft picks on a team that needs them to round out the roster.

And do you really think the Dolphins care about spending money this offseason?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
raidr4life


Joined: 10 Jan 2010
Posts: 8707
Location: Fresno, California
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
agarcia34 wrote:
Too much money for Albert he will require a Jake Long type deal where u can get a rookie and pay him half of what u would pay Albert.


And you also lose 3-4 high draft picks on a team that needs them to round out the roster.

And do you really think the Dolphins care about spending money this offseason?
They don't need those picks as much as you think, Because they filled those holes in FA and honestly if there QB progresses MIA will be dangerous on paper they could win the division OL is there biggest hole rightnow.
_________________
Homey don't play that!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TiberiusRising


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 13266
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
agarcia34 wrote:
Too much money for Albert he will require a Jake Long type deal where u can get a rookie and pay him half of what u would pay Albert.


And you also lose 3-4 high draft picks on a team that needs them to round out the roster.

And do you really think the Dolphins care about spending money this offseason?
They don't need those picks as much as you think, Because they filled those holes in FA and honestly if there QB progresses MIA will be dangerous on paper they could win the division OL is there biggest hole rightnow.

Ya and Ireland needs to win now. MIA is the second best team in that division and had some upgrades. Specifically Wallace and they were already good on D. 2nd biggest need is CB but that is deep. They can still get one easily after a trade and then round it out with a TE.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Silver&Black88


Moderator
Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 41597
Location: Los Angeles, CA
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
agarcia34 wrote:
Too much money for Albert he will require a Jake Long type deal where u can get a rookie and pay him half of what u would pay Albert.


And you also lose 3-4 high draft picks on a team that needs them to round out the roster.

And do you really think the Dolphins care about spending money this offseason?
They don't need those picks as much as you think, Because they filled those holes in FA and honestly if there QB progresses MIA will be dangerous on paper they could win the division OL is there biggest hole rightnow.

Ya and Ireland needs to win now. MIA is the second best team in that division and had some upgrades. Specifically Wallace and they were already good on D. 2nd biggest need is CB but that is deep. They can still get one easily after a trade and then round it out with a TE.


Yeah, they'd be better served going after Fisher IMO. They have the ammo and already addressed a lot of needs via FA. If they only part with one 2nd this year, they can still land a good CB in the 2nd. Heck, even 3rd. Same with TE.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Silver&Black88


Moderator
Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 41597
Location: Los Angeles, CA
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
Quote:
Texas A&M left tackle Luke Joeckel will be the first name called next week. According to numerous league sources, the Chiefs are locked in on him, barring anything unforeseen, after also strongly considering Central Michigan left tackle Eric Fisher. But Joeckel has played in a tougher conference and is a safer pick, and in a league where first-time general managers is becoming the rule (especially guys with college backgrounds), you are going to see a lot of clubs deferring to the safest guy (more on that later, when we delve into the guards).


http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/22095728/nfl-draft-not-sexy-yet-unpredictable-well-after-tackles-are-gone


Interesting.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oakdb36


Joined: 02 Mar 2006
Posts: 17060
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Quote:
According to league sources, the Dolphins have had extensive talks with Kansas City about acquiring Branden Albert for a second-round pick, and team sources acknowledge a trade could be finalized before next Thursday's NFL draft.


http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-miami-dolphins-0418-20130417,0,4041252.story


Further debunking any Oakland rumors for the #3 pick.

Simple logic. Miami has a number of holes they need to fill, why give up multiple picks to get a LT when you can get a proven one for 1 of your second rounder picks.[/quote]

There's as much logic when discussing the Dolphins trading up for an OT and i'm sure they looked into that option as well (and honestly, they could still do it). One one side you have to give up multiple picks, on the other you have to pay the player a lot more. They just have to make a decision on which resource they value more.
_________________
Plush wrote:
Papa was a trolling stone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 25678
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
agarcia34 wrote:
Too much money for Albert he will require a Jake Long type deal where u can get a rookie and pay him half of what u would pay Albert.


And you also lose 3-4 high draft picks on a team that needs them to round out the roster.

And do you really think the Dolphins care about spending money this offseason?
They don't need those picks as much as you think, Because they filled those holes in FA and honestly if there QB progresses MIA will be dangerous on paper they could win the division OL is there biggest hole rightnow.


Not letting that trade rumor dream die I see.

It's not happening. Miami isn't going to give up a king's ransom when they get get a LT for a 2nd round pick. The fact they are saying a trade could be done before the draft says that Oakland rumor was just a guess by some hack twitter account trying to pose actual information.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TiberiusRising


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 13266
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Quote:
According to league sources, the Dolphins have had extensive talks with Kansas City about acquiring Branden Albert for a second-round pick, and team sources acknowledge a trade could be finalized before next Thursday's NFL draft.


http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-miami-dolphins-0418-20130417,0,4041252.story


Further debunking any Oakland rumors for the #3 pick.

Simple logic. Miami has a number of holes they need to fill, why give up multiple picks to get a LT when you can get a proven one for 1 of your second rounder picks.


There's as much logic when discussing the Dolphins trading up for an OT and i'm sure they looked into that option as well (and honestly, they could still do it). One one side you have to give up multiple picks, on the other you have to pay the player a lot more. They just have to make a decision on which resource they value more.[/quote]



The only problem with that is they could have just kept Jake Long and given up no picks. And he is better than Albert imo.


Last edited by TiberiusRising on Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TiberiusRising


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 13266
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
agarcia34 wrote:
Too much money for Albert he will require a Jake Long type deal where u can get a rookie and pay him half of what u would pay Albert.


And you also lose 3-4 high draft picks on a team that needs them to round out the roster.

And do you really think the Dolphins care about spending money this offseason?
They don't need those picks as much as you think, Because they filled those holes in FA and honestly if there QB progresses MIA will be dangerous on paper they could win the division OL is there biggest hole rightnow.


Not letting that trade rumor dream die I see.

It's not happening. Miami isn't going to give up a king's ransom when they get get a LT for a 2nd round pick. The fact they are saying a trade could be done before the draft says that Oakland rumor was just a guess by some hack twitter account trying to pose actual information.

I think you are focusing to much on that one twitter account. This has been rumored, discussed, and talked about by several sources for weeks. That was just one guy predicting the exact picks that would be involved.

If Ireland trades for Albert when he could have just kept Jake Long he will be a even bigger laughingstock.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oakdb36


Joined: 02 Mar 2006
Posts: 17060
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Quote:
According to league sources, the Dolphins have had extensive talks with Kansas City about acquiring Branden Albert for a second-round pick, and team sources acknowledge a trade could be finalized before next Thursday's NFL draft.


http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-miami-dolphins-0418-20130417,0,4041252.story


Further debunking any Oakland rumors for the #3 pick.

Simple logic. Miami has a number of holes they need to fill, why give up multiple picks to get a LT when you can get a proven one for 1 of your second rounder picks.


There's as much logic when discussing the Dolphins trading up for an OT and i'm sure they looked into that option as well (and honestly, they could still do it). One one side you have to give up multiple picks, on the other you have to pay the player a lot more. They just have to make a decision on which resource they value more.




The only problem with that is they could have just kept Jake Long and given up no picks. And he is better than Albert imo.[/quote]

They're a ZBS team now and listening to Dolphins fans, Long was a poor fit. Albert has been playing in a ZBS.
_________________
Plush wrote:
Papa was a trolling stone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TiberiusRising


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 13266
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
agarcia34 wrote:
Too much money for Albert he will require a Jake Long type deal where u can get a rookie and pay him half of what u would pay Albert.


And you also lose 3-4 high draft picks on a team that needs them to round out the roster.

And do you really think the Dolphins care about spending money this offseason?
They don't need those picks as much as you think, Because they filled those holes in FA and honestly if there QB progresses MIA will be dangerous on paper they could win the division OL is there biggest hole rightnow.


Not letting that trade rumor dream die I see.

It's not happening. Miami isn't going to give up a king's ransom when they get get a LT for a 2nd round pick. The fact they are saying a trade could be done before the draft says that Oakland rumor was just a guess by some hack twitter account trying to pose actual information.

I think you are focusing to much on that one twitter account. This has been rumored, discussed, and talked about by several sources for weeks. That was just one guy predicting the exact picks that would be involved.

If Ireland trades for Albert when he could have just kept Jake Long he will be a even bigger laughingstock.


"The Chiefs have given the Dolphins permission to negotiate with LT Branden Albert." per ESPN

Wow, what a joke. Either Ireland is stupid or he is really playing the smokescreen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 25678
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
agarcia34 wrote:
Too much money for Albert he will require a Jake Long type deal where u can get a rookie and pay him half of what u would pay Albert.


And you also lose 3-4 high draft picks on a team that needs them to round out the roster.

And do you really think the Dolphins care about spending money this offseason?
They don't need those picks as much as you think, Because they filled those holes in FA and honestly if there QB progresses MIA will be dangerous on paper they could win the division OL is there biggest hole rightnow.


Not letting that trade rumor dream die I see.

It's not happening. Miami isn't going to give up a king's ransom when they get get a LT for a 2nd round pick. The fact they are saying a trade could be done before the draft says that Oakland rumor was just a guess by some hack twitter account trying to pose actual information.

I think you are focusing to much on that one twitter account. This has been rumored, discussed, and talked about by several sources for weeks. That was just one guy predicting the exact picks that would be involved.

If Ireland trades for Albert when he could have just kept Jake Long he will be a even bigger laughingstock.


"The Chiefs have given the Dolphins permission to negotiate with LT Branden Albert." per ESPN

Wow, what a joke. Either Ireland is stupid or he is really playing the smokescreen.


How is this stupid? Pro-bowl quality LT for a 2nd round pick and they have the cap to sign him.

This is smart. Stupid is mortgaging your future to trade up for a player in this draft class.

Hopefully this will teach people not to follow baseless un-credible sources on twitter. People wanted it so badly and here is the out come.

Have to hope the Cards get desperate now.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TiberiusRising


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 13266
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Quote:
According to league sources, the Dolphins have had extensive talks with Kansas City about acquiring Branden Albert for a second-round pick, and team sources acknowledge a trade could be finalized before next Thursday's NFL draft.


http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-miami-dolphins-0418-20130417,0,4041252.story


Further debunking any Oakland rumors for the #3 pick.

Simple logic. Miami has a number of holes they need to fill, why give up multiple picks to get a LT when you can get a proven one for 1 of your second rounder picks.


There's as much logic when discussing the Dolphins trading up for an OT and i'm sure they looked into that option as well (and honestly, they could still do it). One one side you have to give up multiple picks, on the other you have to pay the player a lot more. They just have to make a decision on which resource they value more.




The only problem with that is they could have just kept Jake Long and given up no picks. And he is better than Albert imo.


They're a ZBS team now and listening to Dolphins fans, Long was a poor fit. Albert has been playing in a ZBS.[/quote]
Last season was their first year in ZBS since Albert has been there if I am not mistaken. And Arguabley his worst(still good though).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oakdb36


Joined: 02 Mar 2006
Posts: 17060
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
agarcia34 wrote:
Too much money for Albert he will require a Jake Long type deal where u can get a rookie and pay him half of what u would pay Albert.


And you also lose 3-4 high draft picks on a team that needs them to round out the roster.

And do you really think the Dolphins care about spending money this offseason?
They don't need those picks as much as you think, Because they filled those holes in FA and honestly if there QB progresses MIA will be dangerous on paper they could win the division OL is there biggest hole rightnow.


Not letting that trade rumor dream die I see.

It's not happening. Miami isn't going to give up a king's ransom when they get get a LT for a 2nd round pick. The fact they are saying a trade could be done before the draft says that Oakland rumor was just a guess by some hack twitter account trying to pose actual information.


It doesn't say that at all. The Dolphins interest in Albert has been reported a long time ago and nothing has happened. It's more likely they've been negotiating on both fronts since then. I'm not saying with the Raiders specifically, but to gauge the cost of trading up with teams in the top 10.
_________________
Plush wrote:
Papa was a trolling stone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 76 of 99

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group