Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders Draft Thread Version 4.0
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raiiiiidersssss

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Raiders Draft Thread Version 4.0 Reply with quote

A little over one month until the draft!

Today Reggie was at the Florida pro day, and scouts raved about Floyd.

Quote:
Sharrif Floyd's pro day just ended. Told it was a good workout. Raiders GM Reggie McKenzie on hand. #NFLDraft

Quote:
On Path to the Draft, adding to former Florida DT Sharrif Floyd's draft stock, Charley Casserly: I'd take him over Lions DT Ndamukong Suh

Analysis of his pro day: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/0ap2000000153004/Could-Sharrif-Floyd-slip-out-of-top-3?campaign=Twitter_nfln_videos

Some random guy's post on the Raiders Reddit forum (take with grain of salt?):

Quote:
I work with Floyd's Uncle at a grocery store in the Philadelphia. I just work there part time since I'm still in College. Being a Raiders fan, I asked his Uncle if Shariff had any thoughts about playing for Oakland. His Uncle said Shariff would love to play for the silver and black and that the Raiders have been looking at him a good amount. I really hope they get him.

Floyd didn't participate in Florida's pro day last week due to an ankle injury. NFL.com said only one GM was there -- Reggie. They said that the Raiders were well represented and had at least one other scout with Reggie.

He seems like he has a good head on his shoulders. With that being said, I would still prefer Star at 3 I think. Star is going to be rechecked in April in Indy to see if his heart testing results have improved.

Last edited by Raiiiiidersssss on Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
oakdb36

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Raiders Draft Thread Version 4.0 Reply with quote

Raiiiiidersssss wrote:

Quote:
On Path to the Draft, adding to former Florida DT Sharrif Floyd's draft stock, Charley Casserly: I'd take him over Lions DT Ndamukong Suh

WTH?
Raiiiiidersssss

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Raiders Draft Thread Version 4.0 Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Raiiiiidersssss wrote:

Quote:

WTH?

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of Casserly. That statement seems outrageous. Just wanted to post it though
Dat Raider

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Raiders Draft Thread Version 4.0 Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Raiiiiidersssss wrote:

Quote:

WTH?

Charlie Casserly is poppin' molly.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Raiders Draft Thread Version 4.0 Reply with quote

Dat Raider wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Raiiiiidersssss wrote:

Quote:

WTH?

Charlie Casserly is poppin' molly.

You just KNOW he rolls. Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell you what, I'd take Floyd over Geno Smith 15/10.

I just ain't feeling Smith AT ALL. Floyd has been through a lot of things and unlike Slowlondo, he's matured. He's explosive. He's going to be great with Lamarr and Clowney in a year.
This guy doesn't impress me on tape that much, but the little bit that he does is that much more than Smith. He has quickness and that awesome balance on Star.

If Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, Im uncoachable, Im unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Say what you want about Star, but I've never seen him get knocked on his behind as much as I have Floyd. And he can actually occupy blockers. Floyd can't get much bigger and he's already getting thrown around at times at the college level. I'd love to see him vs a Carl Nicks.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want anything BUT a trade down, to be honest. The only sure thing at #3 is Dee Milliner in my opinion. He's stamped and certified. However, we desperately need pass rushers, so if we trade down Jordan and Ansah would be ideal...

Oh my goodness I don't know what the hell we are going to do. It's very exciting. I am not sold on Floyd. I just don't see it. I usually see something special ala Denarius Moore. The feeling I get when I see Floyd is the same feeling I got from watching McClain. I wasn't overly impressed. If we take him, I personally won't be happy on draft day.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Raiders Draft Thread Version 4.0 Reply with quote

Raiiiiidersssss wrote:
NFL.com said only one GM was there -- Reggie. They said that the Raiders were well represented and had at least one other scout with Reggie.

Can't lie, this will sound biased coming from me. But this could be a smoke screen. The Jags sent a lot of people to Geno's Pro Day too. I can't help but wonder if Reggie is trying to do the same thing and make it look like we want Floyd.

Then again, maybe we do want Floyd.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dat Raider wrote:
I am not sold on Floyd. I just don't see it. I usually see something special ala Denarius Moore. The feeling I get when I see Floyd is the same feeling I got from watching McClain. I wasn't overly impressed. If we take him, I personally won't be happy on draft day.

I'd be so pissed off.
Raiiiiidersssss

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Raiders Draft Thread Version 4.0 Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Raiiiiidersssss wrote:
NFL.com said only one GM was there -- Reggie. They said that the Raiders were well represented and had at least one other scout with Reggie.

Can't lie, this will sound biased coming from me. But this could be a smoke screen. The Jags sent a lot of people to Geno's Pro Day too. I can't help but wonder if Reggie is trying to do the same thing and make it look like we want Floyd.

Was thinking the same thing. The draft is a damn crap shoot... nobody has any idea what's going on besides each team.

I would love if KC or Jax took Floyd though.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Dat Raider wrote:
I am not sold on Floyd. I just don't see it. I usually see something special ala Denarius Moore. The feeling I get when I see Floyd is the same feeling I got from watching McClain. I wasn't overly impressed. If we take him, I personally won't be happy on draft day.

I'd be so pissed off.

It'd be just like the days of Al Davis. You know. You get all excited to see who we pick and it always ends up someone you didn't want or someone who doesn't make sense. Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Raiders Draft Thread Version 4.0 Reply with quote

Raiiiiidersssss wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Raiiiiidersssss wrote:

Was thinking the same thing. The draft is a damn crap shoot... nobody has any idea what's going on besides each team.

I would love if KC or Jax took Floyd though.

It really is. Especially this year. Maybe some squid or something could predict it like the World Cup or something. I literally have NO idea how its going to shake out.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Raiders Draft Thread Version 4.0 Reply with quote

Dat Raider wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Raiiiiidersssss wrote:

Quote:

WTH?

Charlie Casserly is poppin' mollys and sweatin woah.

fify Cool

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Dat Raider wrote:

I'd be so pissed off.

yup

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 1 of 99

Jump to: