Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Would u like the Ravens to open up season in Pittsburgh?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

would you like the Ravens to open up their season in Pittsburgh?
yes
57%
 57%  [ 8 ]
no
42%
 42%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 14

JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Would u like the Ravens to open up season in Pittsburgh? Reply with quote

NFL News thread about Ravens opening up on the road due to a scheduling conflict with the Orioles.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=518106

They are opening up on the road and the only games that look like they will be good are games against the Broncos and the games against the AFC North.

So would you like the Ravens to open up their season in Pittsburgh?

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
MightyJoeYoung

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes.

We should hopefully be a team playing with a chip on our shoulder after going 8-8 last year, against a team we outplayed twice.

The Ravens weren't that good last year anyway, they've now lost half of their team and are coming off winning the SB. If this team doesn't have a super bowl hangover I can't think which team would.

Thanks to Joe_is_the_best for the sig

"The King Stay the King"
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind at all. The team should be even more up for the Ravens game since they are the defending champs. It would be great to open the season up by beating them at home in front of everyone.

^^The only QB in history with 6 TD passes in B2B games plus two 500 yard games. Props to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig!
wwhickok

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell yes. For th most part we are heading into next season with our starting roster intact. Yes we have 3 big losses but the Ravens have 8 and they were ALL starters. I think we have the mental advantage early in the season.
JLambert58

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES, definitely. Payback for what happened 2 years ago opening day. Embarrass the ratbirds on national television. Sounds good to me.
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bravado aside, no. You would want to play the Ravens when it would be most advantageous. That isn't in prime time week 1. Weird [inappropriate/removed] tends to happen to start the season, anyway (see the week 1 stomping the Steelers took a few years ago). It's too important a game for that point in the season.
JLambert58

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CKSteeler wrote:
Bravado aside, no. You would want to play the Ravens when it would be most advantageous. That isn't in prime time week 1. Weird [inappropriate/removed] tends to happen to start the season, anyway (see the week 1 stomping the Steelers took a few years ago). It's too important a game for that point in the season.

I disagree. Beating the Raven in week 1 would get our season off to just the right start. Believe me, they don't want travel to Pittsburgh to play the Steelers on opening night. All the pressure would be on them.
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't question any of that. All entirely possible. That opening day beat down in 2011 happened because the Steelers ran into a Baltimore team that implementing a new zone blocking scheme and a passing attack that focused more on the young TE's. The defense was caught off guard. Caldwell will have an offseason to make schematic changes and they will have turned their roster over more than the Steelers from the looks of things.

It's my personal opinion that Harbaugh is more comfortable with change than Tomlin, and week 1 is when the Steelers are most vulnerable. I'm just saying, I'd rather it were later in the year when they played when the Steelers knew what the Ravens were doing.
JLambert58

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CKSteeler wrote:
I don't question any of that. All entirely possible. That opening day beat down in 2011 happened because the Steelers ran into a Baltimore team that implementing a new zone blocking scheme and a passing attack that focused more on the young TE's. The defense was caught off guard. Caldwell will have an offseason to make schematic changes and they will have turned their roster over more than the Steelers from the looks of things.

It's my personal opinion that Harbaugh is more comfortable with change than Tomlin, and week 1 is when the Steelers are most vulnerable. I'm just saying, I'd rather it were later in the year when they played when the Steelers knew what the Ravens were doing.

You make some good points. Hopefully the Steelers can put in their own wrinkles and catch the Ravens flatfooted in the first game back. Don't forget their season was extended 5 weeks and that makes for a shorter offseason, not to mention having to implement new personnel. I would take my chances on opening night in Pittsburgh hosting the Ravens.
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't say I am for it either.... 1st week is more of a dress rehearsal for a lot of teams. Rather work out the kinks first...

BUT we would be mostly guaranteed to play the Ravens with Ben! Wink

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard that but I'd rather play them in Baltimore, it sucks that probably won't happen. Not that I don't want to play the ravens week 1, but I don't want to play them in the burg, I want to BEAT the living hell out of them, the highest paid player in the NFL Flacco and after they are celebrated for winning the Super Bowl in their own stadium!

I want Ben to throw 3 TDs, I want to see them w/o Boldin. I want us to run all over their Soft D w/o Lewis and Elerbee in the middle.

I want them bad, real effin bad week 1, but I want to go their and work them like a punching bag for 60 minutes.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
I say NO. Not that I don't want to play the ravens week 1, but I don't want to play them in the burg, I want to BEAT the living hell out of them, the highest paid player in the NFL Flacco and after they are celebrated for winning the Super Bowl in their own stadium!

I want Ben to throw 3 TDs, I want to see them w/o Boldin. I want us to run all over their Soft D w/o Lewis and Elerbee in the middle.

I want them bad, real effin bad week 1, but I want to go their and work them like a punching bag for 60 minutes.

Turtle.... I am starting a petition.... you need to start sporting a Steeler-type sig or avatar at some point if you want to keep coming in here with taliking about the Steelers with I's and We's.... got it??? Wink

Laughing

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
The Curtain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, most definitely. I feel like the Steelers were really unmotivated in week one last season, a game against the defending SB Champ Ravens would have them so fired up.

And it would be the first glimpse of the new Ravens, which I am just dying to see.
Ward4HOF

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
I can't say I am for it either.... 1st week is more of a dress rehearsal for a lot of teams. Rather work out the kinks first...

BUT we would be mostly guaranteed to play the Ravens with Ben! Wink

Excellent point, so I vote yes...we always have a chance when Ben starts. I like are chances, personally.

Props to Jamison on the image!!!
Raven's Fan-
mounimonster wrote:
Lol..The only people taking Brown are...Pittsburgh fans....This poll shouldn't be close...
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
I say NO. Not that I don't want to play the ravens week 1, but I don't want to play them in the burg, I want to BEAT the living hell out of them, the highest paid player in the NFL Flacco and after they are celebrated for winning the Super Bowl in their own stadium!

Turtle.... I am starting a petition.... you need to start sporting a Steeler-type sig or avatar at some point if you want to keep coming in here with taliking about the Steelers with I's and We's.... got it??? Wink

Laughing
haha. Probably not gonna happen. Redskins are still my favorite team, always will be. Wink

Nice to see Ed Reed leave Baltimore also. I'm beginning to wonder of they will even make the playoffs next year

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: