Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Its Almost April Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedGreenShow

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Its Almost April Mock Reply with quote

1(21). Johnathan Cyprien S, FIU:
One of my favourite prospects coming out this year. Reminds me alot of Mark Barron. Extremely athletic, great explosion/closing speed, really good instincts, can sniff out screens and play actions. Hasn't really been a centerfielder too much (to my knowledge) but has still proven to have nice range. We could go alot of directions at 21. Its basically BPA. IMO, the two guards, Patterson, A. Brown and Vaccaro should be gone by here. That leaves Ogletree here as an option. I hope we stray away from him personally but in Zim we trust. Probably won't start early because he has to adjust to NFl coming from FIU. Finally a long-term solution at the back end.
2.(37) Johnathan Franklin RB, UCLA
Easily the best scat back IMO. Elite burst and long speed. Great vision and runs with a tenacity. Only around 5'10 and 200 lbs but runs alot bigger/harder. Also catches the ball really well and has been pivotal to UCLA's passing game. Could use work in the protection part but what rookie doesn't.
2.(53) Da’Rick Rodgers WR, Tennessee State
I feel like Rodgers has a chance to go a bit earlier than this but he could also fall here. Without the baggage i think he would be the indisputable #1 WR in this draft with a Top 10 ceiling. Big, fast, look and plays a lot like Dez Bryant. If we can get his head on straight we could potentially have the best WR duo in the NFL. I feel like we got burned last year passing on a bonehead who turned out great (I really wanted Janoris Jenkins). Former SEC product, which we love.
3.(84) Tyrann Mathieu CB, LSU
We've showed some interest in Mathieu, which could be smoke, but whatever. Another potential steal for us. Also helps us out in the return game. Hopefully by this point, we haven't signed Tate.
4.(118) Gerald Hodges OLB, PSU
LB depth. Does everything pretty well and may go higher than this. Will compete for a starting job in camp with Lamur/Joiner/Maybin.
5.(156) Landry Jones QB, OU
We signed Josh Johnson this week but will still look for a QB to develop. Jones could be long gone by here and we may choose to select a QB earlier than this.
6.(190) William Gholston DE/DT, MSU
Fits what we like in D-Line. Can rush from the interior and exterior of the line.
7.(197) Marquess Wilson WR, Washington State
Former big name WO. Great production. Had a falling out with former coach and quit on the team. Talent is still there.

Looking back, we drafted a ton of goons with tons of potential. I have a sweetspot for them i guess. Tell me what you think.
[quote="YoursTruly"]He doesn't get the ball because he is shut down. Zero seperation. It is my understanding that Elite WR should be able to do this when their number is called. AJ gets shut down relatively easy.[/quote]
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I see LB as a bigger need than you do. But to each his own. I like Cyprien and Franklin, but I think you can find guys with equal talent later...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: