Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Brian Urlacher interested in falcons
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
RIZE FALCONS


Joined: 04 Jan 2013
Posts: 254
Location: Greenville sc
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JonnyQuest wrote:
adam9 wrote:
JonnyQuest wrote:
Urlacher cannot cover anymore. He would only be somewhat useful in the run game. His speed is gone, lateral agility is gone, he is just good for leadership/lockeroom presence.

No way he comes in and becomes our #1 MLB.

Our primary defense is a nickel. If you don't think he could play over Dent you're delusional lol.


You are delusional if you think Urlacher can still have a starting caliber impact. I know our base defense is nickel. That doesn't nullify Urlacher's body wearing down and the fact that his athleticism is gone. Dent is not great, but there is a reason the Bears decided to move on from one of their franchise's greatest players.



He would be great at middle and if anybody is delusional it would be U he had no offseason last year he was hurt the whole time this year he is not hurt and he said he would regain alot of what he didn't have last year maybe not superior but name alone would scare alot of qb's i say for cheap lets get him!
_________________
2013 Foster A Falcon
Julio Jones
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
RIZE FALCONS


Joined: 04 Jan 2013
Posts: 254
Location: Greenville sc
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
I wouldn't touch Urlacher unless it was for a minimum deal. same with Dansby.


So u wouldn't touch a guy like Dansby who had a combined 134 tackles and was on a top ten defense and the anchor mind u, but lets stick with Dent who had 65 combined tackles and lacked in every aspect of the game last year!
_________________
2013 Foster A Falcon
Julio Jones
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
scar988


FF Fanatic
Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 29508
Location: Marietta, GA
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIZE FALCONS wrote:
scar988 wrote:
I wouldn't touch Urlacher unless it was for a minimum deal. same with Dansby.


So u wouldn't touch a guy like Dansby who had a combined 134 tackles and was on a top ten defense and the anchor mind u, but lets stick with Dent who had 65 combined tackles and lacked in every aspect of the game last year!

Do you realize what I'm saying? I don't care about stats. I never have. you are worried about something that you don't know. Dent looked great in the run game last year. His issue was in pass coverage. Best part, it was his FIRST YEAR STARTING and he IMPROVED EVERY GAME.
_________________

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
JonnyQuest


Joined: 23 Jun 2011
Posts: 1901
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIZE FALCONS wrote:
JonnyQuest wrote:
adam9 wrote:
JonnyQuest wrote:
Urlacher cannot cover anymore. He would only be somewhat useful in the run game. His speed is gone, lateral agility is gone, he is just good for leadership/lockeroom presence.

No way he comes in and becomes our #1 MLB.

Our primary defense is a nickel. If you don't think he could play over Dent you're delusional lol.


You are delusional if you think Urlacher can still have a starting caliber impact. I know our base defense is nickel. That doesn't nullify Urlacher's body wearing down and the fact that his athleticism is gone. Dent is not great, but there is a reason the Bears decided to move on from one of their franchise's greatest players.



He would be great at middle and if anybody is delusional it would be U he had no offseason last year he was hurt the whole time this year he is not hurt and he said he would regain alot of what he didn't have last year maybe not superior but name alone would scare alot of qb's i say for cheap lets get him!


He would not be great at middle. Ha so you just believe whatever Urlacher says? He is never going to say yea, I lost a step.

You are in love with his legacy and his name.

We cut Keith Brookings for the same reason the Bears decided to move on from Urlacher.
_________________

Falcons. O's. Wizards. Caps.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
devils1854


Joined: 04 Jan 2009
Posts: 23188
Location: Tyler Starr, Adopt a Falcon
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ask most Bears fans, Urlacher hasn't been the same player for the past couple of years. You can't say "take injuries away and he'll be great" because at his age, there is always going to be something bothering him. He is done. I would pay him the minimum, and tell him that he would have to beat out Dent, which I doubt he can at this point in his career.
_________________

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RIZE FALCONS


Joined: 04 Jan 2013
Posts: 254
Location: Greenville sc
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
RIZE FALCONS wrote:
scar988 wrote:
I wouldn't touch Urlacher unless it was for a minimum deal. same with Dansby.


So u wouldn't touch a guy like Dansby who had a combined 134 tackles and was on a top ten defense and the anchor mind u, but lets stick with Dent who had 65 combined tackles and lacked in every aspect of the game last year!

Do you realize what I'm saying? I don't care about stats. I never have. you are worried about something that you don't know. Dent looked great in the run game last year. His issue was in pass coverage. Best part, it was his FIRST YEAR STARTING and he IMPROVED EVERY GAME.


Common man u have to admit that sometimes draft picks just don't work out and its all about a wait and see you'll see Dent will improve he will Listen I am just not as optimistic as you and speed is speed and i just don't think Dent as it in coverage or maybe just don't have the swivel in his hips u would need to be a decent coverage linebacker and i am just not a Dent supporter so I hope we draft Minter or Brown to fix our linebacker situation!
_________________
2013 Foster A Falcon
Julio Jones
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
RIZE FALCONS


Joined: 04 Jan 2013
Posts: 254
Location: Greenville sc
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="JonnyQuest"][quote="RIZE FALCONS"]
JonnyQuest wrote:
adam9 wrote:
JonnyQuest wrote:
Urlacher cannot cover anymore. He would only be somewhat useful in the run game. His speed is gone, lateral agility is gone, he is just good for leadership/lockeroom presence.

No way he comes in and becomes our #1 MLB.

Our primary defense is a nickel. If you don't think he could play over Dent you're delusional lol.


You are delusional if you think Urlacher can still have a starting caliber impact. I know our base defense is nickel. That doesn't nullify Urlacher's body wearing down and the fact that his athleticism is gone. Dent is not great, but there is a reason the Bears decided to move on from one of their franchise's greatest players.


Our primary defense was different in alot of games depending on the team we played, Urlacher has something to prove this year you'll see he will be a pro bowler and he won't be in atlanta because everybody thinks he is washed up!
_________________
2013 Foster A Falcon
Julio Jones
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
johnnyboy8102


Joined: 28 Jun 2010
Posts: 708
Location: Motown
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Urlacher was terrible last season vs the run. He was near the bottom of the league in all run stopping metrics and has the most missed tackles for a middle linebacker.

He offers nothing as a pass rusher because he never generates pressure when he blitzes.

The ONLY aspect he was good at last season was intermediate zone coverage but that isn't worth a roster spot.

Now, Dansby is a better option. He was only released because of his high cap number. Not due to his play.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
scar988


FF Fanatic
Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 29508
Location: Marietta, GA
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIZE FALCONS wrote:
scar988 wrote:
RIZE FALCONS wrote:
scar988 wrote:
I wouldn't touch Urlacher unless it was for a minimum deal. same with Dansby.


So u wouldn't touch a guy like Dansby who had a combined 134 tackles and was on a top ten defense and the anchor mind u, but lets stick with Dent who had 65 combined tackles and lacked in every aspect of the game last year!

Do you realize what I'm saying? I don't care about stats. I never have. you are worried about something that you don't know. Dent looked great in the run game last year. His issue was in pass coverage. Best part, it was his FIRST YEAR STARTING and he IMPROVED EVERY GAME.


Common man u have to admit that sometimes draft picks just don't work out and its all about a wait and see you'll see Dent will improve he will Listen I am just not as optimistic as you and speed is speed and i just don't think Dent as it in coverage or maybe just don't have the swivel in his hips u would need to be a decent coverage linebacker and i am just not a Dent supporter so I hope we draft Minter or Brown to fix our linebacker situation!

dude, you need to learn grammar. I have a hard time understanding what you are saying. I think Dent will continue to improve. He is only in his 2nd year starting. Not every pick will be a Pro Bowl player. that's what's lost on you too. Dent was good last year. Not great, not pro bowl but what Lofton would have been for sure. He's not a coverage guy and Dent is a good 2-down MLB for the 4-3 we run. Minter? Minter is worse in coverage than Dent. Like I said, I don't think you even watch football. because you don't know waht you are talking about here.
_________________

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
GSUeagles14


Joined: 21 Jan 2011
Posts: 6391
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
RIZE FALCONS wrote:
scar988 wrote:
RIZE FALCONS wrote:
scar988 wrote:
I wouldn't touch Urlacher unless it was for a minimum deal. same with Dansby.


So u wouldn't touch a guy like Dansby who had a combined 134 tackles and was on a top ten defense and the anchor mind u, but lets stick with Dent who had 65 combined tackles and lacked in every aspect of the game last year!

Do you realize what I'm saying? I don't care about stats. I never have. you are worried about something that you don't know. Dent looked great in the run game last year. His issue was in pass coverage. Best part, it was his FIRST YEAR STARTING and he IMPROVED EVERY GAME.


Common man u have to admit that sometimes draft picks just don't work out and its all about a wait and see you'll see Dent will improve he will Listen I am just not as optimistic as you and speed is speed and i just don't think Dent as it in coverage or maybe just don't have the swivel in his hips u would need to be a decent coverage linebacker and i am just not a Dent supporter so I hope we draft Minter or Brown to fix our linebacker situation!

dude, you need to learn grammar. I have a hard time understanding what you are saying. I think Dent will continue to improve. He is only in his 2nd year starting. Not every pick will be a Pro Bowl player. that's what's lost on you too. Dent was good last year. Not great, not pro bowl but what Lofton would have been for sure. He's not a coverage guy and Dent is a good 2-down MLB for the 4-3 we run. Minter? Minter is worse in coverage than Dent. Like I said, I don't think you even watch football. because you don't know waht you are talking about here.


Dent is average at best. For as much as we use him, that's fine and it's not with spening a early pick to replace him, but he wasn't good last year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
scar988


FF Fanatic
Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 29508
Location: Marietta, GA
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
Dent is average at best. For as much as we use him, that's fine and it's not with spening a early pick to replace him, but he wasn't good last year.

He also has potential to improve and did so in every game last year. He was good towards the end of the season for what he was used for. Especially from the Arizona game and later. It was like everything just clicked. Spending an early pick to replace Dent would be misguided. But acting like Dansby or Urlacher is some ridiculous upgrade from him at this point in their careers? that's a joke.
_________________

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group