Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Brian Urlacher interested in falcons
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GrimeyKid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Brian Urlacher interested in falcons Reply with quote

Quote:
@StadiumVoice: Urlacher says the #Falcons would be 1 of the teams he would like to play for courtesy of the @dpshow #nfl

2012 Adopt-A-Falcon

Jacquizz Rodgers #32
JonnyQuest

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has nothing left in the tank and wanted 3.5 mil from the Bears.

No thanks.

Falcons. O's. Wizards. Caps.
swoosh

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe for close to the vet min to fill Peterson's role, but I think he has too much pride. As he should. Fantastic career. I hate seeing players (not named Gonzalez Twisted Evil) who have played with one team their whole career sign with another team to finish their career. I can't imagine there will be a lot of teams interested in him at this point in his career.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He could come in here and be our #1 MLB. I wouldn't mind it for cheap. Same thing for Dansby IMO except Dansby would likely be a 4th LB where I see Urlacher as our 3rd.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Urlacher cannot cover anymore. He would only be somewhat useful in the run game. His speed is gone, lateral agility is gone, he is just good for leadership/lockeroom presence.

No way he comes in and becomes our #1 MLB.

scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
Maybe for close to the vet min to fill Peterson's role, but I think he has too much pride. As he should. Fantastic career. I hate seeing players (not named Gonzalez Twisted Evil) who have played with one team their whole career sign with another team to finish their career. I can't imagine there will be a lot of teams interested in him at this point in his career.
Gonzalez coming in for 5 years though will make people remember him as both a chief and a Falcon though. I will buy a Gonzalez Jersey.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
adam9

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JonnyQuest wrote:
Urlacher cannot cover anymore. He would only be somewhat useful in the run game. His speed is gone, lateral agility is gone, he is just good for leadership/lockeroom presence.

Our primary defense is a nickel. If you don't think he could play over Dent you're delusional lol.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
Gonzalez coming in for 5 years though will make people remember him as both a chief and a Falcon though. I will buy a Gonzalez Jersey.

Go old school and get one of these bad boys

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
JonnyQuest wrote:

Our primary defense is a nickel. If you don't think he could play over Dent you're delusional lol.

You are delusional if you think Urlacher can still have a starting caliber impact. I know our base defense is nickel. That doesn't nullify Urlacher's body wearing down and the fact that his athleticism is gone. Dent is not great, but there is a reason the Bears decided to move on from one of their franchise's greatest players.

adam9

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JonnyQuest wrote:
adam9 wrote:
JonnyQuest wrote:

You are delusional if you think Urlacher can still have a starting caliber impact. I know our base defense is nickel. That doesn't nullify Urlacher's body wearing down and the fact that his athleticism is gone. Dent is not great, but there is a reason the Bears decided to move on from one of their franchise's greatest players.

He was a top 15 ILB/MLB last season. Dent wasn't near that. Idk what you see in Dent or what you don't see in Brian...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vet minimum or close to it? Sure, why not. It couldnt hurt. We need another backer with the departure of Peterson, but if he did come, he would have to understand that the nickle is our primary look, and he would only be playing in around 40% of the defensive snaps IF he won the middle job from Dent.

#JDI
BeeperKing

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
Vet minimum or close to it? Sure, why not. It couldnt hurt. We need another backer with the departure of Peterson, but if he did come, he would have to understand that the nickle is our primary look, and he would only be playing in around 40% of the defensive snaps IF he won the middle job from Dent.

I agree, but I think if Urlacher was willing to settle for the vet minimum, he would have stayed in Chicago.
BackfieldBlitz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No thanks, we don't need an overpaid contract mostly for a name at this point.
ShockdAtFalcons

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno what you guys are talking about, bringing in Brian Urlacher as our MLB/ILB in our 4-3 and 3-4 would be fantastic. The man's a legend and before his injury was absolutely playing better than Dent. I think he would be a great addition to our defense no question. All depending on how healthy he is, I was crushed when Tatutpu tore his tri-ceps last preseason Sad really wanted to see him make a comeback with us

2013 Foster a falcon
SS William Moore: 85 Tackles, 3 FFs, 3 INTs.
WR Harry Douglas: 85 rec, 1,067 yards, 2 TDs.
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't touch Urlacher unless it was for a minimum deal. same with Dansby.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: