Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dolphins enter Dumerville sweepstakes
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Dolphins enter Dumerville sweepstakes Reply with quote

The Denver Post is reporting that the Fins have "jumped into discussions" for FA Elvis Dumervil. It is thought that Dumervil has been weighing offers from the Broncos and Ravens. The Dolphins have more salary cap room than both of those clubs, though Denver beat writer Mike Klis acknowledges that the extent of Miami's Dumervil interest is "unclear."

Personally I'd like to see Miami land Osi Umenyiora, but as Rotoworld put it "If forced to guess right now, we'd project Osi to Atlanta, Elvis Dumervil to Baltimore, Dwight Freeney to Denver, and John Abraham to New England." That would have us landing no DE in FA, and if that's the case I'd be happy with any of these guys landing in Miami. My rankings would be:

Osi
Elvis
Abraham/Freeney

Any of which would be a a plus, if you ask me.
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so torn on all of them but would prefer Osi myself. Dumerville is the ultimate one trick poney granted its not a bad trick. He was by far the worst ranked DE vs the run in the NFL last season but maybe thats what big paul,Starks and Odrick are for. I dont like any of the DE in the draft but ziggy or jordan who is more of a 34 linebacker. hmmmm
WaterBear56

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Osi is my favorite but I would also like Dumervil for the right price. Frenney and Abraham are okay but for cheap. I think that is what has held them up signing so far.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WaterBear56 wrote:
Osi is my favorite but I would also like Dumervil for the right price. Frenney and Abraham are okay but for cheap. I think that is what has held them up signing so far.

I want Freeney for one reason. Show and teach Cam Wake his spin move.

Xbox Live GT: With The Tide
WaterBear56

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patdt13 wrote:
WaterBear56 wrote:

No but seriously, that would be great. Most of his sacks come from the bull rush, he would be dominant with a new move to try if it works out for him.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WaterBear56 wrote:
patdt13 wrote:
WaterBear56 wrote:

No but seriously, that would be great. Most of his sacks come from the bull rush, he would be dominant with a new move to try if it works out for him.

Xbox Live GT: With The Tide
ukdolfan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a one year stop gap - Freeney

To play for a few seasons - Dumervil

^ Jamison on the sig.
bpastermack

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dumervil could be very useful if used as more of a jack type position that moves around and plays some linebacker too.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to be honest they are all liabilities vs the run, the best of them is abraham, who i would have happily. and saying that starks, odrick and soliai are to stop the run is pretty much limiting this DE to a third down only role otherwise teams will run at them
Belfast Trojans #32 Shamrock Bowl winner 2012 and 2013
EFAF Atlantic Cup Winner 2013
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Dolphins enter Dumerville sweepstakes Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
The Denver Post is reporting that the Fins have "jumped into discussions" for FA Elvis Dumervil. It is thought that Dumervil has been weighing offers from the Broncos and Ravens. The Dolphins have more salary cap room than both of those clubs, though Denver beat writer Mike Klis acknowledges that the extent of Miami's Dumervil interest is "unclear."

Personally I'd like to see Miami land Osi Umenyiora, but as Rotoworld put it "If forced to guess right now, we'd project Osi to Atlanta, Elvis Dumervil to Baltimore, Dwight Freeney to Denver, and John Abraham to New England." That would have us landing no DE in FA, and if that's the case I'd be happy with any of these guys landing in Miami. My rankings would be:

Osi
Elvis
Abraham/Freeney

I agree. I like Osi much better than Elvis but I think he will go to Atlanta because they are a Superbowl threat. I just wish Freeney was 2 years younger.
carlos2104

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Dolphins enter Dumerville sweepstakes Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:

Osi
Elvis
Abraham/Freeney

I agree. I like Osi much better than Elvis but I think he will go to Atlanta because they are a Superbowl threat. I just wish Freeney was 2 years younger.
Yeah, a younger healthy Freeney would be amazing.
Warpticon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Freeney were 2 years younger he wouldn't be available.
Pickle

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd prefer John Abraham.

Sig: Ivana001
SUG

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WB56 yoy are too much.
Funny ... Laughing

sug
WaterBear56

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUG wrote:
WB56 yoy are too much.
Funny ... Laughing

sug

Weirdly enough, that was the first thing I thought of when I saw the post.

Anyhow, Dummervil dropped his price to 8M for Denver. That's got to be his target. For comparison, Avril got 7M and Bennet got 5M. I think that the team that offers him 8M first will get him. I have a feeling he has been getting low offers from teams that don't have the cap but I'd be very weary of singing him for that much.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: