Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A Mock Draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meco

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: A Mock Draft Reply with quote

1 – Dee Milliner CB Alabama

-One of the biggest problems with the Eagles has been their passing defense. They relied on Dimitri Patterson and Ellis Hobbs across from Asante Samuel and that was pretty awful. They compensated by acquiring Nnamdi Asomugha and Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, which turned out to be a complete, and total train wreck. It’s a passing league and the Eagles need to stop the pass, which is why they draft Milliner.

At 6’ tall and 201 pounds with 4.37 speed (some scouts timed him at 4.29) and a 36” vertical jump his athletic testing numbers are nearly identical to those of Darrelle Revis. He’s got the size and strength to be physical but he’s got the speed to stick with faster players and he’s not leggy so he can transition better than taller corners. He’s physical, smart, athletic and he can handle zone and man coverage easily. Milliner will hopefully develop into a corner that can counter the likes of Dez Bryant and Hakeem Nicks.

2 – Justin Pugh OL Syracuse

-A first round tape player that slips a little because he has short arms. Whatever, the Eagles take a good player at the top of round two. He’s an extremely fundamentally sound player that moves with ease. He could start at guard or right tackle from day one and you could potentially develop him into a LT or C. Daniel Jeremiah compared him to Andy Levitre which I think is spot on.

3 – DJ Swearinger S South Carolina

Chip Kelly said it himself, he wants to beat other teams up. And looking at who the Eagles added in free agency, the 2013 Eagles should be a scrappy team. Looking to reinforce their secondary the Eagles add DJ Swearinger, a lightning rod of a safety. He’s good enough in coverage to play corner for South Carolina this season and he is a big time hitter. With his combination of coverage skill and hitting ability he could become a Dashon Goldson type enforcer in the passing game. Swearinger needs to develop in the running game but he’s a bully and the Eagles really need some of those.

*Insert random reckless phrases: “dreads on fire” “plays without brakes” “pound for pound” “throws his weight around” “no regard for human life”*

4 – Malliciah Goodman DE Clemson

In the Eagles new defensive front they need to find a 5 technique and few fit the spot better than Goodman. He’s a physical freak with a wingspan comparable to a pterodactyl. He profiles as a perfect 5 technique that can help push the pocket and control offensive tackles in the running game.

5 – Reid Fragel OT Ohio State

-Big, mean and athletic former TE who really got better as the season went on for Ohio State. Fragel possess a lot of upside and has the athleticism to play LT in the NFL if a team chooses to develop him there.

7 – Jeff Baca OL UCLA

-Athletic, zone blocking scheme player who played guard for UCLA but could potentially play center in the NFL. Quick and tough.

7 – Cory Grissom NT South Florida

-A nose tackle prospect with a MASSIVE lower body. He’s not much of a pass rusher but he clogs the middle incredibly well. He’s criminally underrated in this process.

7 – Mike Catapano DE Princeton

-The Eagles can’t pass on Catapano here. He’s a big (6’4”, 270) and athletic defensive end prospect who can be developed into a good 3-4 DE.

7 – William Campbell DL Michigan

The Eagles add another big body on the defensive line in Campbell who is 6’5” and about 315 pounds. Could potentially provide depth across a 3-man front. Better than most recognize.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the picture of Dee Milliner is him leading into a hit with his head?....

Tisk Tisk Shame on you

I want no part of a guy who hits with his head. Laughing
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Millner, because I hate Cary soo much. Laughing

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
DudeWhat??

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is leading with his face mask..and his helment is not hitting the others helment...but yes..this will be illegal in the NFL because eventually the reciever will bend over foward and his helment will tap the hitters helment..flag..sad...sad flag.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DudeWhat?? wrote:
He is leading with his face mask..and his helment is not hitting the others helment...but yes..this will be illegal in the NFL because eventually the reciever will bend over foward and his helment will tap the hitters helment..flag..sad...sad flag.

Dude what?
oland11

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DudeWhat?? wrote:

I was making a joke....
McNabbMcFadden

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Milliner ewww.
Blahman88

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McNabbMcFadden wrote:
Milliner ewww.

QFT

baconrad3

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty meh as well.

Milliner at 4 is terrible value. Rhodes is much better and could be had mid first round. If we're going CB at #4 and can't trade down, I'd even rather have Rhodes be the pick there. He's better than Milliner so why not?

Don't like Pugh. I can't see him being an OT with his t-rex arms, unless he's blocking Brandon Graham (just kidding). He's more of a guard, and if we're going guard at #35 Warford is a million times better of a pick. Terrible value there. If we're going OT, Armstead and Watson would both be better as well.

Love Swearinger. But I see him more as a FS, and I think Phillips will be our FS of the future. We need a SS. Swearinger could probably play either, though, as teams don't necessarily have to have a traditional free and strong safety pair.

Goodman....not a bad pick. But if we're gonna go with a 5-tech DE in the 4th, Cornelius Washington, Devin Taylor, and Quanterus Smith are all better choices and have more upside. Especially Washington. Also I feel like every time we draft a Clemson player, he completely flops...especially their d-ends.

Fragel's a fine pick in the 5th.

Don't care much for the rest.

I'd also be willing to bet big money that we draft a tight end in this draft. No way we go into the season with Harbor, Celek, and Casey as our 3 TEs. We will most likely have 4, and the fourth will be that guy we draft.

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: