Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who do you draft #4?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who do you draft #4?
QB EJ Manuel, Florida State
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
QB Matt Barkley, USC
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
WR Cordarrelle Patterson, Tennessee
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
WR Tavon Austin, West Virginia
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
T Lane Johnson, Oklahoma
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
G Chance Warmack, Alabama
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
G Jonathan Cooper, North Carolina
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
DT Star Lotulelei, Utah
35%
 35%  [ 12 ]
DT Sharrif Floyd, Florida
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
DE Ezekiel Ansah, Brigham Young
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
DE Bjoern Werner, Florida State
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
LB Dion Jordan, Oregon
23%
 23%  [ 8 ]
LB Barkevious Mingo, LSU
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
LB Jarvis Jones, Georgia
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
CB Dee Milliner, Alabama
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
S Kenny Vaccaro, Texas
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other player, post your choice below
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 34

birdman0069

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles91 wrote:
Milliner or Jordan. Get a potential game changer. I'd prefer Jordan above all.

3/4 of the people out don't think either guy will ever be a game changer.

Props to Eagles _808 on the sig.
PE, the new poster child for birth control.

Birdman, slowest to 10K
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tommy Lawlor makes a case for Ziggy:

http://igglesblitz.com/philadelphia-eagles-2/ziggy/
Quote:
I also think the Eagles could have interest in him as a 5-tech DE. Ziggy would need to add 10 pounds over time to ideally fit the spot, but he can play it.
Quote:
The Eagles would use Ansah as the 5-tech DE in the base 4-3 Under. His role would be to play the run first and foremost. He wouldn’t necessarily have to 2-gap, but he would be setting the edge and playing under control. Once he read the play was a pass, he could then attack upfield. The Eagles could play him at DE or DT in the Nickel. Interestingly, they could use him as a NT in the Nickel if they wanted, leaving Fletcher Cox as the 3-tech. Ansah played NT for BYU in some passing situations and did a solid job.
Quote:
I could see Chip Kelly liking Ansah because of his athleticism and versatility. Ansah could literally play all over the front seven in the 4-3 or 3-4.

EagleBlueDon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
Tommy Lawlor makes a case for Ziggy:

http://igglesblitz.com/philadelphia-eagles-2/ziggy/
Quote:
I also think the Eagles could have interest in him as a 5-tech DE. Ziggy would need to add 10 pounds over time to ideally fit the spot, but he can play it.
Quote:
The Eagles would use Ansah as the 5-tech DE in the base 4-3 Under. His role would be to play the run first and foremost. He wouldn’t necessarily have to 2-gap, but he would be setting the edge and playing under control. Once he read the play was a pass, he could then attack upfield. The Eagles could play him at DE or DT in the Nickel. Interestingly, they could use him as a NT in the Nickel if they wanted, leaving Fletcher Cox as the 3-tech. Ansah played NT for BYU in some passing situations and did a solid job.
Quote:
I could see Chip Kelly liking Ansah because of his athleticism and versatility. Ansah could literally play all over the front seven in the 4-3 or 3-4.
Really puts Zeke up there for me now. Tommy really knows his stuff, so I'd feel good about taking Ansah at 4 more now than ever before.
oland11

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So yea. Lets draft Star and find a NT later in the draft. Like Brandon Williams or something.
eagles91

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

birdman0069 wrote:
eagles91 wrote:
Milliner or Jordan. Get a potential game changer. I'd prefer Jordan above all.

3/4 of the people out don't think either guy will ever be a game changer.

Hence the "potential" part. There is not much to be said about what anyone "thinks" of these guys. No one is a sure thing. They have supreme potential as top prospects (especially Jordan), so I say go big or go home at this point.

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oland11 wrote:
So yea. Lets draft Star and find a NT later in the draft. Like Brandon Williams or something.

And pay Soap what 4 million to sit on the bench?

"You will never walk again... but you will fly"
“You forget. My father had four sons.”
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
PowerElite

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ziggy would be better as a RE in an aggressive 34 rather than a 5 tech. I think that people just like talking about the 5 tech because it sounds more sexy. They treat the RE as if that isn't the position along the defensive line of the 34 that typically calls for more pass rushing ability. If only that position had a sexier name...
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
Ziggy would be better as a RE in an aggressive 34 rather than a 5 tech. I think that people just like talking about the 5 tech because it sounds more sexy. They treat the RE as if that isn't the position along the defensive line of the 34 that typically calls for more pass rushing ability. If only that position had a sexier name...
Right now we call that "the Cox position," because it's already locked up.
baconrad3

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be totally fine with Ziggy at #4. Though I could easily see any of the 3 teams in front of us taking him. This draft could just go so many different ways.

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
PowerElite

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
Right now we call that "the Cox position," because it's already locked up.

"We?" Has it been confirmed by anyone employed by the Eagles organization what position Trent Cole will play?
nlesthought

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Withmy89vision wrote:
nlesthought wrote:
With that scenario mentioned in the original post I'd go Milliner. With Mingo being a close second option.

I have a hunch Dion will be injury prone, also I can see us having to play a lot of nickel wtih for possible new starters back there so that eliminates Star's snaps and Lane although looks to be a pretty good OT in the making I can't justify taking a OT that high.

Why can't you justify a tackle that high? Instead you reach for a guy who some don't even consider the best CB prospect when we just signed two free agents there?

I'm just not a fan of taking a OL that high personally...I looked at Fisher who I consider the best OT in this draft, as someone with high potential with his measureables but I can't find a game where he played lights out vs top competition. So that hurts him plus in this scenario he's not an option. I like Lane Johnson's lateral ability but I didn't see much push in the run game.

I wouldn't call it a reach...most if not all scouts have Milliner as the top CB in this draft. I mean Milliner is considered top 10 while the next CB Trufant/Rhodes are considered late 1st round.

well Cary is what 28-29, already got his SB ring we sure he's going to be playing 2-3yrs from now when/if we're ready to contend and Fletcher is 1 yr removed from an ACL something that he's tore twice (2009 & '11)

Mingo mainly potential, I think he's more dangerous and has more potential as a rusher than Dion, Dion maybe more versatile, but I have a hunch he's going to be bogged down with injuries.

psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig

Bird Watch '13 - Placekicker #6 - Alex 'the podiatrist' Henery.
22/27 LNG 51yds; 42 XPs; 1 KOR TD given up.
Jeezla

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oland11 wrote:

Wouldn't star be the NT? 5.3 40 yard isn't screaming DE to me. Also, we would have to take Brandon Williams in round 2. He's not making it to our 3rd.

Kilty Sig '15 Wish List: L Collins, D Greenberry, K Fackrell, R Mueller, S Mouhon, E McCarthy
Kiltman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:
oland11 wrote:

Wouldn't star be the NT? 5.3 40 yard isn't screaming DE to me.

The 5technique DE in the Under is more about run stopping....they have to anchor...not really a speed position. But some penetrating ability is needed, which Star has. He could play both. But with Sop here the best fit is him at DE, and swing him inside at Nose on passing downs.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiltman wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
oland11 wrote:

The 5technique DE in the Under is more about run stopping....they have to anchor...not really a speed position. But some penetrating ability is needed, which Star has. He could play both. But with Sop here the best fit is him at DE, and swing him inside at Nose on passing downs.

Klit you been on a rampage, I swear you were right around me in posts...

psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig

Bird Watch '13 - Placekicker #6 - Alex 'the podiatrist' Henery.
22/27 LNG 51yds; 42 XPs; 1 KOR TD given up.
Jeezla

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiltman wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
oland11 wrote:

Yea...I'd way rather have Sheldon Richardson taking on OT's as opposed to Star. I think Star will be easily solo blocked by NFL RT's since you always know what he's going to do: bull straight forward. I like Star a lot as a NT, but not as a DE.

Kilty Sig '15 Wish List: L Collins, D Greenberry, K Fackrell, R Mueller, S Mouhon, E McCarthy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: