Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens will open 2013 season on the road
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Philly wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
Dr. Philly wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:
Lame.

I urge all Ravens fans to boycott the Orioles.

Not like they attend games regularly anyway.

If they are in 1st place around that time they will.

Unless they're facing NYY or Boston they really wont.

lol wut? Not to hijack the thread and make it a baseball topic, but this season is one of the most anticipated seasons for the O's now that they are finally good. People are going to start coming to the games now regardless of opponents. If they are in 1st or still in the playoff race then there is no doubt the will sell out regardless of the opponents. (Heck it could be against my Astros and they would probably sell out.)

I blame the NFL on this. MLB schedules their games prior to the NFL anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
So they share a parking lot.

Sack up and play it anyway.

Orioles fans won't be around in September to watch baseball.

Its more then just the parking lot. They share utilities, so you literally can not have both stadiums in use at the same time. Otherwise one would pull a Mercedes Superdome.

I agree with DB. This is the NFL's fault. Wednesday would have been just fine for Baltimore to host a game.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gotta admit, I'm loving this Ravens offseason. Laughing

The Thursday Night Opener is the 1st chance for the world champions to defend their title, in front of their opening crowd, against a highly pitted team. Now the Ravens won't even get that opportunity.

It just makes no sense. There are so many MLB games and so few NFL games. The Orioles could have rescheduled in favor of the Ravens, or atleast the Ravens could have been pushed to MNF. There is simply no good reason to open on the road.

These past two years have screwed over the SB champs (11' Giants, 12' Ravens). I hope this never becomes a problem again and the NFL can sort out its problems with MLB and other issues.
Gridirongreat#9

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The NFL should schedule a game during every single game of the World Series. I would crack up. It would kill baseballs ratings.

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
I wish the friends of some girls I've talked to at bars/clubs were this bad at blocking.
tribar

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get why they can't play the game on Wednesday. Cowboys @ Giants last year was on Wednesday
NS922

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This whole ordeal is really hilarious because of all of the logical solutions, yet no one wants to concede to them.

#JDI
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
No problem with this whatsoever. The MLB schedule has been out since 2012. The NFL can play the game on Wednesday or even Friday. Im glad the MLB didnt give into the NFL.

Exactly, nor should they. People whinning that they should have conceeded need a reality check. That game does nothing for MLB or enhanced revenue for the Orioles, so why accomadate? If anything here's a novel concept. If for some reason they refuse to open on a Weds/Friday. Play the following week at home and allow them to celebrate with their fans then??? So what if they are the first SB champs not to open the season in a decade on Thursday. It was done that way for the previous 40+ years prior. All this is is the NFL being upset that anyone let alone MLB and the lowley Orioles didn't bow down and kiss their toes. Good for the Orioles!!! Applause Applause Shame on the NFL for intentionally opening on the road out of spite!!!

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 11 Gm/ 63 Rec/ 980 Yds/ 9 TD/ 15.5 YPC/
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tribar wrote:
Don't get why they can't play the game on Wednesday. Cowboys @ Giants last year was on Wednesday

Guess the President's state of the union is more important than an Orioles-Sox game.

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
green24

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
tribar wrote:

Guess the President's state of the union is more important than an Orioles-Sox game.

It was the Democratic National Convention.
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:
tribar wrote:

...whatever.

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
broncos67

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can tell what people hate baseball by their response to this issue. It's not the MLBs job to worry about the NFLs scheduling issues. Whether or not the Orioles will be good in September is way beyond the point. The MLB is an insanely popular league, and the Orioles shouldn't be forced to forego some revenue because the NFL doesn't wanna schedule a game on a Wed/Friday.

Also, I'm gonna assume most people on here have not been to an O's or Ravens game, aside from Baltimore fans of course, but the parking situation is a bit of a mess in Baltimore from time to time, and the traffic in the city would be ridiculous if these games were played at once.

Thanks, Tzimisce
StRawz11

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:
tribar wrote:

It's Rosh Hashanah that Wednesday. I just don't understand why they can't play Friday night, Sunday night, or Monday night

"I'm dismantling who I was and moving it brick by brick."

Last edited by StRawz11 on Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
StRawz11

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
You can tell what people hate baseball by their response to this issue. It's not the MLBs job to worry about the NFLs scheduling issues. Whether or not the Orioles will be good in September is way beyond the point. The MLB is an insanely popular league, and the Orioles shouldn't be forced to forego some revenue because the NFL doesn't wanna schedule a game on a Wed/Friday.

Also, I'm gonna assume most people on here have not been to an O's or Ravens game, aside from Baltimore fans of course, but the parking situation is a bit of a mess in Baltimore from time to time, and the traffic in the city would be ridiculous if these games were played at once.

Yeah, the parking would be awful. The stadiums share much of the same parking lots and are stationed right next to each other. It would just be a giant mess

"I'm dismantling who I was and moving it brick by brick."
Socraticsilence

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Philly wrote:
green24 wrote:
Dr. Philly wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
Nice owner the Orioles have:

Quote:
Orioles release statement saying they will not move their Sept 5 game to accommodate the Ravens.

http://twitter.com/Ourand_SBJ/statuses/315177971717656576

Angelos is probably one of the worst owners in Sports. Dude is just bad/scum.

He's right after Woody Johnson and Fred Wilpon.

Not even Johnson, Wilpon is fair though.

No one counts as long as Sterling and Loria still have teams.
Socraticsilence

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Philly wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

MLB games are much more easily rescheduled than NFL games, and this is a game celebrating the biggest sporting victory in Baltimore in recent memory.

This isn't true. The Orioles and White Sox have very few shared off-days where it would be feasible for them to play each other (i.e. when both teams don't have to travel a long distance for the next series or from the previous). The MLBPA isn't going to accept a double header - and their approval is required - to accommodate the NFL.

I know people say things like "oh, baseball has a million games, who cares?" but in reality re-scheduling baseball games is very difficult outside of double-headers and double-headers are generally disliked by both players and coaches due to the effects they have on the roster. Furthermore, it's not unheard of for playoff races to come down to 1 or 2 games (especially with the 4th playoff spot)

If the Orioles are contending for a playoff spot at that point, it's unfair of them to be forced into a scheduled double header to accommodate the Ravens. It's a potential competitive disadvantage for the Orioles and there is no difference for the Ravens other than the feelings of their fans/the media. It doesn't make any difference (in terms of competitive advantage) whether they play their first game on the road and the 2nd at home or vice versa.

I'm probably in the extreme minority here (being that this is a football forum) but I think the Orioles are doing the right thing here. They have a night road game the day before and forcing them to fly into Baltimore to play at 1 PM the next day - even if it were logistically possible in terms of the parking lot - would be unfair. Could they still do it to be nice and for PR reasons? Sure. But I totally understand if their front office/players/coaches don't want to change their schedule for a football game.

They're both of June 1st and play 2-4 in Chicago. Move the game to Chicago and let Baltimore be the designated home team and receives the money from the game. Problem solved and no double header needed.

Well heck if its that simple why not just make The Ravens the designated home team where ever they have their opener then they don't even need the O's to accommodate them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: