Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bears sign LB D.J. Williams
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ak06max

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
wiscbearsfan wrote:
With a max value of $1.75M this move is amazing.

Part of his suspension was for a drunk driving that occurred in 2010 and finally ran its course. That's a pretty old incident and makes me feel a little better about the off field stuff.

Who knows exactly how this one works out but I think its going to go well.

And SugarShane, Urlacher isn't coming back no matter what. He has burned all his bridges with Emery and they probably didn't want him at any price anyway.
H\Lach sounded much more accommodating in recent interviews. It is not likely in my opinion either.

Exactly if he cant find a team that will pay him what he wants (which no one in there right mind would) he will sign elsewhere for as much as we offered to pee on emerys cheerios. Great signing heres looking to 1st round guard and 2nd Lb in this upcoming draft.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ak06max wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
wiscbearsfan wrote:
With a max value of $1.75M this move is amazing.

Part of his suspension was for a drunk driving that occurred in 2010 and finally ran its course. That's a pretty old incident and makes me feel a little better about the off field stuff.

Who knows exactly how this one works out but I think its going to go well.

And SugarShane, Urlacher isn't coming back no matter what. He has burned all his bridges with Emery and they probably didn't want him at any price anyway.
H\Lach sounded much more accommodating in recent interviews. It is not likely in my opinion either.

With 4 million left in cap space we are still able to he active in the OG market as well.

Exactly if he cant find a team that will pay him what he wants (which no one in there right mind would) he will sign elsewhere for as much as we offered to pee on emerys cheerios. Great signing heres looking to 1st round guard and 2nd Lb in this upcoming draft.

Madmike90

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me we don’t want to go into the season with Williams as our starting MLB…too many inconsistencies on and off the field…we still need to draft a new starting MLB early and play Williams at SLB…for the money he has signed for it’s no problem to play him on limited snaps.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
For me we don’t want to go into the season with Williams as our starting MLB…too many inconsistencies on and off the field…we still need to draft a new starting MLB early and play Williams at SLB…for the money he has signed for it’s no problem to play him on limited snaps.

Sean Jensen ‏@seankjensen 2h
D.J. Williams is penciled in as the replacement for Brian Urlacher at middle linebacker, but #Bears likely to add another veteran LB.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
https://twitter.com/seankjensen

From what Phil said Its very likely he starts at MLB.

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
Madmike90

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

D.J. Williams is penciled in as the replacement for Brian Urlacher at middle linebacker, but #Bears likely to add another veteran LB.

Don't like it at all...we have to bring in a long term starter considering Urlacher is now gone & Briggs is getting up there in age.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

Don't like it at all...we have to bring in a long term starter considering Urlacher is now gone & Briggs is getting up there in age.

Well we are going to add one more vet it sounds like and probably a rookie. But its anybodies guess where they are going the 1st round.

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
MonsterCityGHS

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JPeppers90 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
@bylindsayhjones (lindsay jones)

Quote:
DJ Williams has signed a one-year deal with Chicago Bears, he confirmed via text. Max value is $1.75 million.

retweeted by @BMarshall (Brandon Marshall)

At that money is is a GREAT signing. I still want Arthur Brown though.
Bears could take Fluker in the first round and take the best DT available in the second round. The game is won at the line of scrimmage.
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MonsterCityGHS wrote:
JPeppers90 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
@bylindsayhjones (lindsay jones)

Quote:
DJ Williams has signed a one-year deal with Chicago Bears, he confirmed via text. Max value is $1.75 million.

retweeted by @BMarshall (Brandon Marshall)

At that money is is a GREAT signing. I still want Arthur Brown though.
Bears could take Fluker in the first round and take the best DT available in the second round. The game is won at the line of scrimmage.

If we take Fluker, I'll cry. Not tears of joy, either.
blair18

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

same here, Fluker at 20 would be heart breaking

Thanks to Lionsmack for the sig
DaMike

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blair18 wrote:
Why?
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
blair18 wrote:
Why?

Because he's not the 20th best player in the draft, lol he's probably not even the 50th best player in the draft.
Ballennonstop

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very low risk..potentially high reward signing. BRILLIANT..two thumbs up Emery! Keep swingin..

**Draft...Cooper, Bostic, Schwenke, Ace Sanders, CB, DL and I will lose my mind
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
blair18 wrote:
Why?

Because he's not the 20th best player in the draft, lol he's probably not even the 50th best player in the draft.

This. I dont know why a slow footed, directionally challenged Tackle appeals so much to people at a position he, oh yeah, has NEVER played before... But yeah Im buying that he's the BPA Rolling Eyes ...I'm taking Terron Armstead over DJ Fluker 10 out of 10 times...

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
blair18 wrote:
Why?

This. I dont know why a slow footed, directionally challenged Tackle appeals so much to people at a position he, oh yeah, has NEVER played before... But yeah Im buying that he's the BPA Rolling Eyes ...I'm taking Terron Armstead over DJ Fluker 10 out of 10 times...
Since we have one of these already, I'm not sure why we need another one either.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
blair18 wrote:
Why?

Don't like D.J Fluker, that is fine. Add him to the list of guys that Bears fans have thought to be too slow, or too big or unable to trabsfer get positions with Cordy Glenn, Kelechi Osemele, Carl Nicks and Orlando Franklin.

But Terron Armstead has as many, if not more negatives than Fluker. He barely has technique, he played against crap competition and needs serious work on his lower body power. He is a fine prospect in his own right but a much bigger risk than Fluker.

You draft Fluker because guys with his size, power and attitude are rare and they tend to play a long time because physically they are bigger and meaner then everyone. Before you right off his movement skills to watch him handle Barkeviois Mingo who will be a top 10 pick.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: