Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Browns sign former Bears TE Kellen Davis to a 1-year deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brownie man

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love this signing. Davis has a ton of talent, but never put it all together. We can try him out and see if some coaching makes the difference. He's almost as talented as Greg Olsen who Chud worked wonders with and it gives us flexability come draft time.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brownie man wrote:
Love this signing. Davis has a ton of talent, but never put it all together. We can try him out and see if some coaching makes the difference. He's almost as talented as Greg Olsen who Chud worked wonders with and it gives us flexability come draft time.

But it sounds like he can't catch a cold

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
buno67

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
brownie man wrote:

But it sounds like he can't catch a cold

at least we wont have to worry about him sitting out with strep throat if he cant catch a cold lol

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the most vocal hater of Kellen Davis on the Bears forum, I'd just like to say that I'm sorry for your gain.

Kellen Davis may be an athletic freak, but on the field the guy looks like he's trying to do a Chris Farley impression. During his time in Chicago he had some red zone TDs, but that was mostly because he was lined up as the 2nd or 3rd TE and slipped behind/between coverage while the bumbling WRs struggled to get separation. Most of the time he dropped easy passes, fell down on routes, and even had to be physically lined up in the correct place by Cutler.

I can't stress enough how much he sucks. I wouldn't even wish him on the Packers.
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
As the most vocal hater of Kellen Davis on the Bears forum, I'd just like to say that I'm sorry for your gain.

Kellen Davis may be an athletic freak, but on the field the guy looks like he's trying to do a Chris Farley impression. During his time in Chicago he had some red zone TDs, but that was mostly because he was lined up as the 2nd or 3rd TE and slipped behind/between coverage while the bumbling WRs struggled to get separation. Most of the time he dropped easy passes, fell down on routes, and even had to be physically lined up in the correct place by Cutler.

I can't stress enough how much he sucks. I wouldn't even wish him on the Packers.

Ouch hahaha

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can do a lot worse than Kellen Davis as a backup TE.

Zero chance the Browns draft a QB at pick 4, or trade up for a QB.

And Matt Ryan is so great he has one playoff win.
fatpig

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:
fatpig wrote:
wrong Kellen. damnit Banner.

Hmm. I was thinking the wrong Davis, not the wrong Kellen. Smile

Andra? Andre?

naw i know, Fred woulda been great here. also I have read (maybe on here?) that he'd love to play for CLE.

in any case the Browns still have a glaring weakness at TE. which is disconcerting since Chud loves his pass-catching TEs, and this Davis sucks at catching passes.

its disconcerting when people feel the need to come here and apologize in advance for our newly signed FA's suckyness Laughing
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fatpig wrote:
ReggieCamp wrote:
fatpig wrote:
wrong Kellen. damnit Banner.

Hmm. I was thinking the wrong Davis, not the wrong Kellen. Smile

Andra? Andre?

naw i know, Fred woulda been great here. also I have read (maybe on here?) that he'd love to play for CLE.

in any case the Browns still have a glaring weakness at TE. which is disconcerting since Chud loves his pass-catching TEs, and this Davis sucks at catching passes.

its disconcerting when people feel the need to come here and apologize in advance for our newly signed FA's suckyness Laughing

Yes it is

He basically sounds like Alex Smith V2.0

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: