Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Browns sign former Bears TE Kellen Davis to a 1-year deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is the type of athlete who will frustrate you, he is an outstanding athlete, he spent time at DE at MSU, he is a work in progress at Receiver Evil or Very Mad but is one of the few players that can overpower DE's in the run game which is huge Twisted Evil

Classic meathead

Last edited by MSURacerDT55 on Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
buno67

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i might be a minority for this guy but I like this pick up a lot!!!

I was a huge fan of him in college. I think he will make a great #2 TE for us. He is a great blocker and a pretty decent receiving TE. I say he would make a great #1 Redzone TE. His ability to block and catch would be nice in the redzone!!!

I LOVE IT!!!

its not a signing that lights the world on fire but its a great TE!

Also he is use to playing in a vertical attacking offense with the Bears and cutler so he will have a short learning curve in our new offense hopefully

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i remember pimping this guy a lot when he came out in the draft lol

I wanted the two Kellens as our TEs lol

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe he can follow GLittle's "How to Improve as a Football Player by Getting Rid of Twitter" book.

Thanks to ReggieCamp on the sig
sdrawkcab321

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe alonzo morning can teach him to catch too
DawgX

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decent signing. The Browns just needed a backup so I guess Kellen Davis works. I know a lot of Browns fans wanted a top tight end, but I think Jordan Cameron has a lot of potential and maybe the front office feels the same way. Cameron has the athletic ability to become a very good tight end, but he needs the right coaching. If anyone can get the best out of Cameron, it's Chud.

There's still the draft to get a tight end, but I don't see the Browns spending an early draft pick on one. They don't have a second-round pick, they have much bigger needs and like I said, they have a tight end with potential.

Smack on the sig.
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the equivalent of Mangini's signing of Robert Royal. If this prevents us from drafting a TE i'll be very upset.

Jamison on the sig
DawgX

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
This is the equivalent of Mangini's signing of Robert Royal. If this prevents us from drafting a TE i'll be very upset.

Why do some people think the Browns need a tight end so badly? Jordan Cameron has a lot of potential and if there's any coach who can get the best out of Cameron, it's probably Chud.

Smack on the sig.
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgX wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:

Why do some people think the Browns need a tight end so badly? Jordan Cameron has a lot of potential and if there's any coach who can get the best out of Cameron, it's probably Chud.

Some Fans think a lot of Cameron, I don't know anyone else that does. He surely hasn't done anyone on the field to inspire that much confidence. HOPEFULLY, he will turn into something this year but I'm not holding my breath.

Kam, I think this set up the browns perfectly at this position to draft or not draft a TE... Just depends on who falls to us.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
DawgX wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:

Some Fans think a lot of Cameron, I don't know anyone else that does. He surely hasn't done anyone on the field to inspire that much confidence. HOPEFULLY, he will turn into something this year but I'm not holding my breath.

Kam, I think this set up the browns perfectly at this position to draft or not draft a TE... Just depends on who falls to us.

Based on what Cameron has shown so far -- and yes, yes I know there are a lot of other moving parts that have affected his play -- it's almost as if Heckert, et al. said: Hey, look at how well Gates and Graham have done. Let's get us a former basketball player to play TE.
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
DawgX wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:

Based on what Cameron has shown so far -- and yes, yes I know there are a lot of other moving parts that have affected his play -- it's almost as if Heckert, et al. said: Hey, look at how well Gates and Graham have done. Let's get us a former basketball player to play TE.

We're better off for it, because now we have the coaching staff that knows how to properly utilize that kind of player.
bruceb

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
bruceb wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
DawgX wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:

We're better off for it, because now we have the coaching staff that knows how to properly utilize that kind of player.

True.

I am still miffed that we didn't draft Graham.

I suppose, though, that a brain trust that didn't know how to use an athletic TE didn't know one when they say one.
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this signing.

Personally I think a 'receiving TE' is somewhat overrated. I personally prefer a guy who blocks like a 6th lineman and has the ability to find soft spots in coverage across the middle. Heath Miller, more or less.

This dude is a hell of a blocker as I understand it. Good stuff.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgX wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:

I like Jordan Cameron, but there is no guarantee he will be a legit #1. Also, with Rob he is going to utilize more than one TE. Jordan Cameron still has a long way to go as a blocker and this is one of the deepest drafts I can ever remember for TEs. It would be stupid to ignore TE ina draft like this because you signed Kellen Davis and Gary Barnridge.

Jamison on the sig
NewWorldOrder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one doubts Cameron's athletic ability. This year, good or bad, he will have the best coaching possible, to help him realize his full potential. I also wonder if this signing is about providing more flexibility on offense. Obviously, Kellen can block. I wonder if Chud may occasionally split Cameron out wide, and have Davis Block? As far as the draft, Im done speculating. Who the heck knows what our FO has in mind? I don't think we'll know, because I think we're not done in FA yet. Every FA signing gives us that much more flexibility in the draft.

Every time the Browns start a new QB, a puppy dies!
Adopt-A-Browne: Mike Lombardi
2013 stats...2 head coaches fired, &over 300 cups of coffee served daily to Banner.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: