Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Oh my... Ted Johnson just screwed up again
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naq wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
The Third Rider wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
Wilfork should be more intelligent than to respond to this. The guy not only has issues, but also zero credibility. Whooooooooo cares?

Hard to hold back when someone insults your family. Ted is an idiot and naive if he thought this was not going to get out.

I'm with NBT on this - who cares? Is Vince or his wife really that insecure that they care what Ted Johnson says about her looks?

It was a stupid thing to say, but it's more stupid for Wilfork to make a big deal about it. He's rich, one of the best ever to play his position and has a successful wife (who he presumably views as not ugly). He should just laugh it off or ignore it, like a normal person would.

I'm not sure the typical person in today's society would just "laugh this off"

OK, how about "like a normal person should"? I'll grant you that a lot of people in our society are immature and insecure - even if they are "adults".

Johnson's an idiot, but the Wilforks are both idiots if they really care about what Johnson thinks. Why should his opinion matter to them?
nextsuperstar

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianca Wilfork is not a public figure, so Ted Johnson has no call mention her. Wilfork has the right to be upset. Maybe he should ignore it, but this was not an attack on him. It was an attack on his wife. If his wife was hurt by this comment, then Wilfork has the right to be angry at Johnson.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nextsuperstar wrote:
Bianca Wilfork is not a public figure, so Ted Johnson has no call mention her. Wilfork has the right to be upset. Maybe he should ignore it, but this was not an attack on him. It was an attack on his wife. If his wife was hurt by this comment, then Wilfork has the right to be angry at Johnson.

Mrs. Wilfork is a successful, rich woman married to a star football player. If she was hurt by the stupid comments of a retired and mostly forgotten player, she has bigger problems than the way her looks are perceived.
nextsuperstar

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
nextsuperstar wrote:

Mrs. Wilfork is a successful, rich woman married to a star football player. If she was hurt by the stupid comments of a retired and mostly forgotten player, she has bigger problems than the way her looks are perceived.

Yup. And "sticks and stones will hurt my bones, but names will never hurt me..." Except we all know that words can hurt. She is supposed to not be hurt because her husband is good at football?
Naq

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
nextsuperstar wrote:

This might sound wrong but you know how sensitive woman are no matter their status in life, when someone comments negatively on their looks.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vince & Bianca should, based on all ways to measure 'success', be more secure with themselves than to find their emotions swayed by what Ted Johnson of all people thinks. Think about what it really takes for someone to influence your emotions. There are very, very few people whose comments I care enough about to let them actually influence how I feel, I would hope/expect Willfork - someone worthy of admiration in many ways - is the same way. Obviously Wilfork should be appalled that someone would say that, but this is just so ridiculous that it is laughable.

Giselle takes heat all the time for many things. Remember all the heat Tony Romo took when he was with Jessica Simpson? Vince should know better than to get angry at someone worth such little influence.

I think it goes without saying that
-it was an absurd, classless question to ask
-it was even more an absurd & even less classy to actually give an answer

If Ted Johnson has a wife, I bet he got CREAMED when he got home. Totally embarrassed himself and his family by even considering answering the question, let alone actually answering.

^Props to BenderRodriguez for the GOAT of FF's sigs! Very Happy
24isthelaw

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
nextsuperstar wrote:

I understand where you're coming from, but a "plus-sized" lady like Mrs. Wilfork has probably been subject to a lifetime of harassment because of her appearance. You can't expect someone who loves her, and has a borderiline animalistic desire to protect her which comes with that, to not take it very personally. You know?

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somehow I dont think she was always "plus sized". She was an athlete at Miami IIRC. Judging from her twitter, she seems to be absolutely fine. Seems to have a very good grasp of priorities.

Vince is a classier guy than his posts indicate, though he did apologize in advance. Hard to fault him either way really, but I'd have preferred he gave nothing the response it deserves.

^Props to BenderRodriguez for the GOAT of FF's sigs! Very Happy
HOVA333

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
Somehow I dont think she was always "plus sized". She was an athlete at Miami IIRC.

I was sooo surprised the first time I saw Bianca on tv. I was like "wow im surprised Vince doesn't have a "trophy" wife." I have no clue what she looked liked when they meet Freshman year,but I think its good to know Big Vince isn't shallow.

Adopt A Patriot
Logan Ryan : CB
Tkls: Int: FF:
dhunt2402

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a moron. Vince should have taken the high road, or handled it more privately perhaps, but I can understand his anger.

Deadpulse on the sig
Pats#1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree big Vince could have handled it a bit better...but I don't any of us can really say what he should have done in response because none of us know the circumstances surrounding what happened.

Maybe Wilfork and Johnson remained really close even after Ted stopped playing? I mean Wilford did talk about how Ted was a guy he really looked up to when he first starting playing for the Pats.

If that's the case, which it could be, could you imagine how much it would hurt and anger you if you found out a really close and long time friend said something like that about the mother of your children?

Wilford could have handled it differently yes...but by no means did he make himself look bad. Everyone has become overwhelmed with anger at some point in time....it happened to Wilfork....at least he has a good excuse to be.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: