Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chris Johnson very unhappy about the signing of Shonn Greene
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justing101

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/23/javon-ringer-doesnt-understand-why-titans-signed-shonn-greene/

Now Javon Ringer is mad at us lol

Quote:
..putting your head down and plowing forward for one or two yards..

I hope the new rule doesn't mess that up. It shouldn't because I think it is not supposed to be in effect at the goal line or inside the tackles, but who knows what the refs will actually call with that rule when the season actually starts.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new rule, I believe, does not apply to plays inside the tackle box. And it applies only to leading with the crown of your helmet as a battering ram. You can still lower your shoulder. Basically makes it so RBs have to observe the same trucking rules a defender does.
Dionysus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/23/javon-ringer-doesnt-understand-why-titans-signed-shonn-greene/

Now Javon Ringer is mad at us lol

Honestly, I can understand Ringer's argument. I've always thought he was a good RB. I remember him from his MSU days and been one of his biggest supporters when we drafted him. Although I'm cool with signing Greene to the roster, I think it's a shame that Ringer won't get a chance to compete and show what he can really do, assuming we get this O-line in tact like we expect. I believe the biggest knock working against him is his history of injuries. That might have been his undoing with us, but I still like the guy and hope he gets a real shot somewhere.
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone tell Javon Ringer im mad at him for being hurt all year

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Shaun Phillips: 4 Tackles

Ropati Pitoitua: 5 Tackles 2 Assist 1 Sack
titans0021

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone tell Javon Ringer that the last year he saw significant playing time (2011), he managed 16 yards on 12 short yardage carries.

2014 Adopt-a-Titans
1. Justin Hunter, WR - 3 receptions, 63 yards, 0 touchdowns
2. Brian Schwenke, C.
Dionysus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't want to open a whole new thread to ask this question. But since it involves the running game, I thought it would fit right here.
Since we're going back to the "new" old style of Titan football, who all would be in favor of re-signing Ahmard Hall? I'm definitely all for it because quite frankly, I'm not fond of Quinn Johnson at all. And if we plan on letting Colin Mooney compete for the starting job, I rather it be between him and Hall.

FootballProdiG

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
I didn't want to open a whole new thread to ask this question. But since it involves the running game, I thought it would fit right here.
Since we're going back to the "new" old style of Titan football, who all would be in favor of re-signing Ahmard Hall? I'm definitely all for it because quite frankly, I'm not fond of Quinn Johnson at all. And if we plan on letting Colin Mooney compete for the starting job, I rather it be between him and Hall.

I would, but between him and Mooney I hope Mooney wins the job.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:

Hall seems to be out the league now. I think his football time maybe over.
Dionysus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
Dionysus wrote:

IMO that would be all the more reason to re-sign him. He's only been out for a season or two, and to my knowledge it wasn't because of any injury issues. We were taking the offense in a different direction, and his position didn't fit the scheme. Unfortunately for him, there wasn't a big run on fullbacks in the FA market at the time. Hall has been one of the best lead blockers we've had since Lorenzo Neal, and he still has little wear 'n' tear on him.
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
Dionysus wrote:

IMO that would be all the more reason to re-sign him. He's only been out for a season or two, and to my knowledge it wasn't because of any injury issues. We were taking the offense in a different direction, and his position didn't fit the scheme. Unfortunately for him, there wasn't a big run on fullbacks in the FA market at the time. Hall has been one of the best lead blockers we've had since Lorenzo Neal, and he still has little wear 'n' tear on him.

He was not resigned because of performance. They didn't get rid of his position, they gave it to Quinn Johnson for whatever reason. Hall is very likely done, and old. He'd be 34 this fall. He did 4 years as a marine before going to Texas.

**RIP Steve McNair**
Dionysus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolateman78 wrote:
Dionysus wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
Dionysus wrote:

He was not resigned because of performance. They didn't get rid of his position, they gave it to Quinn Johnson for whatever reason. Hall is very likely done, and old. He'd be 34 this fall. He did 4 years as a marine before going to Texas.

You have got to be kidding me. He was released because of performance??? And they thought Quinn Johnson was better?! Sorry, but I'm really scratching my head on this one. (And that's not directed at you Chocolateman, just the general idea of it all). I know he's 34 and all, but he only played for about 5 years. For a typical RB, that's an average lifespan in the NFL. But you'd think a FB would last a lot longer, unless his time in the Marines took a toll on him as well.
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hall was a bum at the end of his time here with us. Letting him go was the right move. Not saying Quinn has been any good...but Hall was done.

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
Dionysus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deeluxx3 wrote:
Hall was a bum at the end of his time here with us. Letting him go was the right move. Not saying Quinn has been any good...but Hall was done.

Hey this is the Sarge we're talking about. Show a little respect here. Even if his play was declining, you don't call HIM a bum. He's been a stand-up guy who served his country and this organization.
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
deeluxx3 wrote:

Hey this is the Sarge we're talking about. Show a little respect here. Even if his play was declining, you don't call HIM a bum. He's been a stand-up guy who served his country and this organization.

C'mon now I was not referring to Hall the person as a bum. You know that...when we talk about players on here we are talking about them as players, not the kind of person they are.

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
wilmtalk

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all this complaining about the offensive lines inability to open up holes for the rb and the lack of a consistent short yardage back, why did the Titans ever release Chris Henry. He never used the holes even when they were there. Perhaps he is still available. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: