Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chris Johnson very unhappy about the signing of Shonn Greene
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FootballProdiG

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Chris Johnson very unhappy about the signing of Shonn Greene Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5BDZxoHwV8

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000152503/article/chris-johnson-unhappy-titans-signed-shonn-greene

Watch both the video and read the story to get the full scoop on this subject. Do you guys agree with Johnson here? Is he overreacting or is he absolutely right?

I think Green is getting highly overpaid, but can help if he performs to the best of his ability.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He can get the hell over it. The team needs another back to take some of the workload off CJ. The RB coach wanted another back specifically a power-back to compliment CJ's speed. It was a good signing and good contract.
FootballProdiG

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
He can get the hell over it. The team needs another back to take some of the workload off CJ. The RB coach wanted another back specifically a power-back to compliment CJ's speed. It was a good signing and good contract.

Not to mention he has the highest 3rd down conversion rate in the league I think.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GET OVER IT CJ

Last edited by KingTitan on Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
latinoaustino

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If CJ is scared of Shonn Greene taking his job he just needs to retire right now. I love CJ but there's times I think he lives in another universe.

Adopt A Titan

Alterraun Verner and Scott Solomon
titanrick

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd tell CJ the same thing I tell my son when he complains that he's getting benched too much:

Play so well and so hard that the coach will look stupid for pulling you out of the game.

It's pretty simple, CJ. Let's see what you got.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titanrick wrote:
I'd tell CJ the same thing I tell my son when he complains that he's getting benched too much:

Play so well and so hard that the coach will look stupid for pulling you out of the game.

You hit the nail on the head. The titans may have never won a super bowl but they understand how to maximize the most out of their players. Competition breeds excellence. We want CJ to have to look over his shoulder. It will make him try harder and the team will be better for it.
justing101

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't like it because we overpaid for him. I would be a lot happier with a 3 year 5-6 million deal.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somehow, some way signing Shonn Greene bruised CJ's ego and now he's whining. The coaches want/needed to add a power runner for various reasons, and obviously wanted a veteran. Greene was their man and they made sure they got him. He don't have to be a superstar, just be effective. Is he overpaid? Maybe, but then again, maybe not. If he comes in and does the job that we need and expect him to do, helping get our run game back to its elite status, then that's just money well spent as far as I'm concerned. CJ needs to go take a Midol and keep his mouth shut on the matter. Just let his performance do the talking by making sure he handles his business when his number is called (ala Titanrick).
KingTitan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:
I just don't like it because we overpaid for him. I would be a lot happier with a 3 year 5-6 million deal.

Read somewhere, its almost an one year deal....True? Dunno. But read it somewhere.
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titanrick wrote:

Exactly.

If CJ really has a problem, then he needs to go out there and perform like top 5 RB we paid him to be, consistently. It's just like in 09. It went from the Smash and Dash show with Lendale White to CJ being a one man gang. For now he needs to just shut up.
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really dont care what CJ wants. All i know is CJ needs help and i think Greene will help out

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Shaun Phillips: 8 Tackles 5 Assist 1 Sack

Ropati Pitoitua: 9 Tackles 4 Assist 1 Sack
titans0021

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"I have never been a big fan of the two-back system, so I don't know how we plan on using him," said Johnson via The Tennessean, reiterating comments he made to NFL.com last month. "I'm not afraid of competition, but I was thinking we'd maybe get a draft pick for the other back. And you don't give a guy that kind of money to be just a goal-line guy and in tough-yardage situations. So we'll see what happens."

I feel like very unhappy is a bit of a stretch based off of what he actually said. Confused seems to be the better word.

2014 Adopt-a-Titans
1. Justin Hunter, WR - 12 receptions, 237 yards, 1 touchdown
2. Brian Schwenke, C.
justing101

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Tennessee coach Mike Munchak suggested recently that Chris Johnson will have his short-yardage carries reduced. Maybe Shonn Greene isn't the solution. Only one running back in the NFL (min. 100 carries) had a lower average on yards after contact than both Titans runners in 2012.

Reggie Bush Dolphins 1.5
Chris Johnson Titans 1.6
Shonn Greene Jets 1.6
Rashad Jennings Jaguars 1.6
Darren McFadden Raiders 1.6
Bilal Powell Jets 1.6

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:
Quote:
Tennessee coach Mike Munchak suggested recently that Chris Johnson will have his short-yardage carries reduced. Maybe Shonn Greene isn't the solution. Only one running back in the NFL (min. 100 carries) had a lower average on yards after contact than both Titans runners in 2012.

Reggie Bush Dolphins 1.5
Chris Johnson Titans 1.6
Shonn Greene Jets 1.6
Rashad Jennings Jaguars 1.6
Darren McFadden Raiders 1.6
Bilal Powell Jets 1.6
And he converted one of the highest percentages of 3rd and 4th and shorts. Yards after contact isn't that important of a number in short yardage situations. It has a lot to do with just putting your head down and plowing forward for one or two yards, something which CJ is terrible at.

2014 Adopt-a-Titans
1. Justin Hunter, WR - 12 receptions, 237 yards, 1 touchdown
2. Brian Schwenke, C.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: