Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Has to be Millner right?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrownLeader

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Milliner is not bpa at #6. Now or April 25th. That's the problem.

Pre-Draft 2013 Mock *FULL DRAFT* http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=521213&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
buno67

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrownLeader wrote:

who is then???

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't think the BROWNS #1 need at this time is a #2 CB, IMO you don't know football. We can't (shouldn't) go into the draft without adding a CB that has the talent to be a #2 CB. Theres no way we can wait until #68 to get our #2 CB. Ideally we could use #2 & #3 CB. I not sure why we haven't addressed it yet but if we go into the draft the way we are now our Defense will not be as good as it could be.With another CB our D will easily be top 10 or higher.

elfman
Entropy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elfman55 wrote:
If you don't think the BROWNS #1 need at this time is a #2 CB, IMO you don't know football. We can't (shouldn't) go into the draft without adding a CB that has the talent to be a #2 CB. Theres no way we can wait until #68 to get our #2 CB. Ideally we could use #2 & #3 CB. I not sure why we haven't addressed it yet but if we go into the draft the way we are now our Defense will not be as good as it could be.With another CB our D will easily be top 10 or higher.

elfman

I do think #2 CB is a strong need as we don't really have one right now.

But, here's a list of all the DBs drafted at #68 or before, and here's the ones drafted after.

See if you can tell where #2 CBs are typically drafted.

BTW, I think Grimes was undrafted.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
BrownLeader wrote:

who is then???

Im curious to hear his answer too. In such a weak top end draft and Milliner being touted as a top 5 talent I fail to see who BPA is if not him.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CleBrowns07 wrote:
buno67 wrote:
BrownLeader wrote:

who is then???

Im curious to hear his answer too. In such a weak top end draft and Milliner being touted as a top 5 talent I fail to see who BPA is if not him.

yep we will find out how much of a leader he is

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entropy wrote:
elfman55 wrote:

elfman

But, here's a list of all the DBs drafted at #68 or before, and here's the ones drafted after.

Very good post. I quess the need for a CB has some of us not looking at it the right way. lets hope we find a diamond out there.

thanx
elfman
NewWorldOrder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entropy wrote:
elfman55 wrote:

elfman

Ok, but here's a question....how many of these CBs came in and started game 1 of their rookie season?

Every time the Browns start a new QB, a puppy dies!
Adopt-A-Browne: Mike Lombardi
2013 stats...2 head coaches fired, &over 300 cups of coffee served daily to Banner.
Entropy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NewWorldOrder wrote:
Entropy wrote:
elfman55 wrote:

elfman

Ok, but here's a question....how many of these CBs came in and started game 1 of their rookie season?

You mean besides Eric Wright? Very Happy

Oh, and he was also starting with Sheldon Brown when Haden ws a rookie.

But seriously, I think most teams don't want to throw rookie CB in there to start right away, it's very risky (the Browns gave up 4 TD passes in Wright's first start/game as a rookie, for instance). We gave up a total of 29 TD passes that season (2007), the most since the 1990 team that went 3-13.

I think that's why we might be looking for a FA CB to play opposite Haden, and we still may draft a CB as well.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entropy wrote:
NewWorldOrder wrote:
Entropy wrote:
elfman55 wrote:

elfman

You mean besides Eric Wright? Very Happy

Oh, and he was also starting with Sheldon Brown when Haden ws a rookie.

But seriously, I think most teams don't want to throw rookie CB in there to start right away, it's very risky (the Browns gave up 4 TD passes in Wright's first start/game as a rookie, for instance). We gave up a total of 29 TD passes that season (2007), the most since the 1990 team that went 3-13.

I think that's why we might be looking for a FA CB to play opposite Haden, and we still may draft a CB as well.

If that's the case, you make a valid point...however IF we don't sign a viable starter by the draft, then I think it forces our hand.

Don't get me wrong, I'd much prefer having a #2 going into the draft, but if we don't, and we're stuck at 6, I see us taking a CB no matter what. Milliner should be ready to start before whomever we would draft in a subsequent round, otherwise, that pick would probably be drafted before Milliner.

Any chance we can sign Daylon McCutcheon? I hear he still has some juice left in his legs.

Lastly, please don't say the E word again!

Every time the Browns start a new QB, a puppy dies!
Adopt-A-Browne: Mike Lombardi
2013 stats...2 head coaches fired, &over 300 cups of coffee served daily to Banner.
bungleodeon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think drafting a #2 CB (or a G lol) in the top 10 makes any sense. That being said, this year is an odd year as there usually is someone that seems like a home run available in the top 10. I don't see a home run available for us so if we ended up with a #2 CB because he was BPA, I could live with that this year.
2013: 36 Tackles - 5.5 Sacks -1 FF - 1 FR - 4 PD -2 STF
bruceb

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where things stand now I don't give a rat's butt about who we pick, so long as he is the BPA and addresses a weakness or builds on a strength.

We have done pretty well in FA and probably are not done.

We do not have to draft for "need" and probably reach in the process.

Been there, done that and squandered picks.
B41098

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the offseason moves so far but it's amazing to me that we haven't made any significant moves on offense so far. IMO that's what the problem was last year. If we sign grimes, I think we should trade back for or just take tavon Austin or warmack @6. Take your pick IMO both are going to be great players. If we don't get grimes, I would like guard/austin and corner in rounds 1&3. The order doesn't matter. It could be warmack and poyer or milliner and winters. as long as we get 2 starters idc. As long as they get it right it doesn't matter to me.
bruceb

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B41098 wrote:
I like the offseason moves so far but it's amazing to me that we haven't made any significant moves on offense so far. IMO that's what the problem was last year. If we sign grimes, I think we should trade back for or just take tavon Austin or warmack @6. Take your pick IMO both are going to be great players. If we don't get grimes, I would like guard/austin and corner in rounds 1&3. The order doesn't matter. It could be warmack and poyer or milliner and winters. as long as we get 2 starters idc. As long as they get it right it doesn't matter to me.

We still need, roughly in order of priority, a CB, FS, OG and TE.

Not to mention a K, P, KR and PR.

Oh, and of course, a QB! Very Happy
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
B41098 wrote:

We still need, roughly in order of priority, a CB, FS, OG and TE.

Not to mention a K, P, KR and PR.

Oh, and of course, a QB! Very Happy

id agree with all of those except for KR and PR. I think Benji's gon light it up. That being said we have players at OG who are serviceable, and potential at TE, and what I think could be a good marriage between Weeden's arm and Chud's downfield love.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: