You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Has to be Millner right?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
I'd really like drafting Milliner...

However, I don't want to go into the draft being forced to draft him because of an overwhelming positional need.

don't see how itd be forcing us to draft him...

Yes you do...

Nearly every thread over the last two weeks has talked about the need to sign a CB in FA to free up the teams options in the draft.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:

However, I don't want to go into the draft being forced to draft him because of an overwhelming positional need.

Yes you do...

Nearly every thread over the last two weeks has talked about the need to sign a CB in FA to free up the teams options in the draft.

no, nearly every thread over the last two weeks YOU have talked about the need to sign a CB in FA to free up the teams options in the draft

i think its a ridiculous line of thought, and banking on a 29 year old CB with an achilles injury is even more ridiculous

high price FA rarely work out anyways. don't see why everyone's so excited about it.
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:

Yes you do...

no, nearly every thread over the last two weeks YOU have talked about the need to sign a CB in FA to free up the teams options in the draft

i think its a ridiculous line of thought, and banking on a 29 year old CB with an achilles injury is even more ridiculous

high price FA rarely work out anyways. don't see why everyone's so excited about it.

I'm the only one saying it.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:

Yes you do...

I'm the only one saying it.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

yep
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your histarical. But I guess if that fits your perception of reality then so be it.

I think most of us look at the multiple threads and throngs of posts and see all of us what players signed to fill the multiple holes that were on the team. Fortunately all the major ones have been filled now except for one. With any luck, the last one will get taken care of so the team can worry less about need and draft BPA.

But maybe you are right.... It's just me. Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
Your histarical. But I guess if that fits your perception of reality then so be it.

I think most of us look at the multiple threads and throngs of posts and see all of us what players signed to fill the multiple holes that were on the team. Fortunately all the major ones have been filled now except for one. With any luck, the last one will get taken care of so the team can worry less about need and draft BPA.

at 6 any GM should be drafting for BPA regardless of need (again, except for cases where you're loaded at the position), if they don't they won't have a job for long
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:

at 6 any GM should be drafting for BPA regardless of need (again, except for cases where you're loaded at the position), if they don't they won't have a job for long

Any gm that fails to address major holes in the roster in Either FA or draft (thus, resulting in losses) won't have a job for long

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:

Any gm that fails to address major holes in the roster in Either FA or draft (thus, resulting in losses) won't have a job for long

kinda like how colbert never reached for OL and ended up winning SBs with a patchwork OL in Pittsburgh?

Or how Jerry Reese kept on drafting high WRs and DL and ended up patching together good players in the secondary and on the offensive line and at RB?

Or how Ted Thompson rebuilt the Packers sparingly using FA
bruceb

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:

kinda like how colbert never reached for OL and ended up winning SBs with a patchwork OL in Pittsburgh?

Or how Jerry Reese kept on drafting high WRs and DL and ended up patching together good players in the secondary and on the offensive line and at RB?

Or how Ted Thompson rebuilt the Packers sparingly using FA

It pains me deeply to say this but I must side with MBTL on this one.
CleBrowns07

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:

So what? Milliner will probably be BPA at 6 anyways so whats the difference? I doubt Banner and Lombardi will say " well, we couldnt sign Grimes so i guess we have to take Milliner". It'd be more like "holy crap the best corner is here at 6 and he would tremendously improve our team! High fives all around!"

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:

mbtl who do you like at 6?
DawgX

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Browns don't sign any quality free agent cornerback, then there's a very good chance that Milliner will be the pick. He'll fit a huge need and might be the BPA available.

Is he my top choice? As of right now, no. But I certainly wouldn't be against drafting him. Ideally, I rather sign Grimes and draft Ansah or Jordan, but that seems unlikely. Either that or trade down and selecting a CB later in the first or in round two. Part of the reason I'm not totally sold on drafting Milliner is because I'm unsure if the Browns will be able to resign him when his rookie contract is up. If he lives up to his potential, he'll want to be paid like an elite cornerback. Could the Browns afford both he and Haden? I'm not sure. They might be better off acquiring a good cornerback who will be cheaper to retain.

I don't know... I'm just thinking of all the possibilities. I'll be cool with drafting Milliner, even though he might not be my top choice.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not saying we have to take a CB at 6, but imagine what happens if we don't sign a #2 guy and don't draft one in the top 2 rounds, and we go into the season with Buster Skrine or the new guy as our 2nd corner.

Yikes

2015 Adopt-A-Brown:
Joe Thomas, GOAT
Christian Kirksey, ILB
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CleBrowns07 wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:

So what? Milliner will probably be BPA at 6 anyways so whats the difference? I doubt Banner and Lombardi will say " well, we couldnt sign Grimes so i guess we have to take Milliner". It'd be more like "holy crap the best corner is here at 6 and he would tremendously improve our team! High fives all around!"

And if milliner is gone? Confused

If milliner is BPA at 6 then Great draft him. I have said repeatedly in multiple threads I have no issue with him. He may be, and has been for months, one of my top 3 favorite prospects.

However, what most are failing to recognize is what happens if we do not sign a 2CB, and go into the draft only to see milliner get selected before our pick. If the browns cannot trade down then are forced to "reach" for Rhodes, draft one in the third to start!, or goes with buster Skrine!!!

Not to mention if the Browns see a different player as being superior to milliner, and they have to pass him because of positional need... That would suck as well.

I will take grimes AND milliner! Then heck yes high fives all around as the browns will have a great secondary to make watch looks like a great front 7.

Again, I have no problem with milliner. My problem is limiting the team options unnecessarily.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgX wrote:
If the Browns don't sign any quality free agent cornerback, then there's a very good chance that Milliner will be the pick. He'll fit a huge need and might be the BPA available.

Is he my top choice? As of right now, no. But I certainly wouldn't be against drafting him. Ideally, I rather sign Grimes and draft Ansah or Jordan, but that seems unlikely. Either that or trade down and selecting a CB later in the first or in round two. Part of the reason I'm not totally sold on drafting Milliner is because I'm unsure if the Browns will be able to resign him when his rookie contract is up. If he lives up to his potential, he'll want to be paid like an elite cornerback. Could the Browns afford both he and Haden? I'm not sure. They might be better off acquiring a good cornerback who willl be cheaper to retain.

I don't know... I'm just thinking of all the possibilities. I'll be cool with drafting Milliner, even though he might not be my top choice.

That is a great problem to have at the very least. I'm not worried about how contract four years down the road. Who knows what happens in 4 years? Haden may get hurt, or not play at the same level, or maybe we are coming off of a Superbowl/deep playoff run, and he will sign for less. I'm more concerned with Skrine and The Other Ex-Falcon, for the reasons Nug and Dropkick stated. Two shutdown, elite CBs? I'd welcome that problem!

Every time the Browns start a new QB, a puppy dies!
Adopt-A-Browne: Mike Lombardi
2013 stats...2 head coaches fired, &over 300 cups of coffee served daily to Banner.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: