You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Has to be Millner right?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ReggieCamp

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cattleman78 wrote:
ReggieCamp wrote:
I think this regime is going to do everything in its power to trade down. Draft picks are the ultimate currency in today's NFL, and they badly want to recoup that 2nd rounder. Given the overall weakness at the top of the draft, we probably won't fall in love with anyone, and we'll try like hell to trade down.

All of this, of course, goes out the window if we want Geno Smith.

I'm wondering Reg if you traded down to say the 11-13 area and had your choice of either a second this year or a first next year what would you do? In all honesty looking at next years draft I'd probably go with the 1st rounder next year and not just because of a q.b.

How about both? Laughing

But seriously, if it was an either/or situation, I would take the '14 1st over the '13 2nd.

It will happen some day. Not sure when.
bulldog

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cattleman78 wrote:
bulldog wrote:
getting back to the OP, and talking about the CB class.

Assuming we sign Grimes, (since its between CLE and MIA) here's what I'd like to bring up.

-The Browns addressed the front seven heavily in FA, bringing in two OLB's and one DE.

-The Browns didn't do much at all on offense in FA, other than one TE. (that I think may surprise some people)

*bare with me, i'm making a point, I promise*

-I firmly believe the Browns will try very hard to trade down first and foremost. Though, this isn't the easiest thing to do, lets look at the possibilities.

*the LT trade down*
ARI almost has to take a QB or a LT. Teams like SD(11), MIA(12), and NO(15) could be viable trade down partners trying to leap frog ARI for their next LT.
--MIA makes the most sense to me since they now have a huge hole there and already have a stand out WR and Franchise QB.

*QB scenario*
CLE has had Smith in for a visit. Could be for real, could be to create smoke. Who knows. What it does do is create a possible trade down for several reasons. As stated above, ARI needs LT and QB in a bad way. ARI(7) may want to move ahead of us to get a QB, as well as BUF(eight), and NYJ(9) who may try to leap frog ARI.

I firmly believe the value in this draft is from 11-40.

Now, getting back to the CB issue.
-This draft is deep, and I mean deep at CB. Between Xavier Rhodes and B.W. Webb, there isn't much of a talent difference, but there is about a 2/3 round difference in projected value.

My point?

Given he Browns options in round one, I'd rather them take the BPA regardless of position. Whether it be a DL (star) OLB (Jordan) or a S (Vaccaro). or a trade down. In which case, one of those players have a high chance of still being there as well as guys like Eifert, Austin, and Datone Jones. Then targeting one of the other CB's later in round 3 or 4 (or 2 if we have a trade down).

I also think this draft is deep at G and OLB. Big time development guys that can produce, but have a major area of weakness to go along with strength.

I agree with this but would add Star and Floyd could also intice some team to trade up especially if they are as good as some so called experts think.

I think there's about a 0.009% chance that Star makes it past OAK, and I think Floyd is strictly a 3 tech. I don't think he's scheme diverse, making trade up partners very limited.

But who know, crazy things have happened on draft day!
elfman55

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO 1 of the 2, Milliner or Geno will be there at #6. If its Milliner I take him quickly. If its Geno let the fun begin. If both are gone, try to trade back or BPA (this could be very good long term). Picking for need can be a bad thing unless he is also BPA.
my list:
#1 - Milliner
#2 - trade down & recoup 2nd
#3 - BPA
last choice - Geno at #6

elfman
poorbytehshore

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg Cosell of NFL Films thinks Tavon Austin is the best offensive player in the draft and if he was a GM, he would take him in Top 10 and feel great about it; he even used Phili at 4 and us at 6 as teams who should really consider him.
Kiwibrown

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My question is how good is Millner? Joe Haden like? Or better? Cos he would need to be very good to pick him that high.

But having two good cornerbacks and decent pass rush is a very attractive thing.
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

milliner makes a lot of sense. he's good and we need him. all the pass rushers have some question marks. i personalyl havent heard any about this kid (havent been looking too hard). at an impact position. if he's the pick and he's a hit you can't blame anyone for taking him.

i love it.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
milliner makes a lot of sense. he's good and we need him. all the pass rushers have some question marks. i personalyl havent heard any about this kid (havent been looking too hard). at an impact position. if he's the pick and he's a hit you can't blame anyone for taking him.

i love it.

Agree with everything here.

2015 Adopt-A-Brown:
Joe Thomas, GOAT
Christian Kirksey, ILB
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:

i love it.

Warming up to him.

The only knock I've read on him is "tight hips", not allowing him to flip sides quickly. This would have been a real problem if he didn't have make-up speed. Fortunately, he does. He also hits like a safety, so there's a lot to like about him.

I still think we're gonna land Grimes, though. If so, we'll pass on Milliner.
buno67

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:

i love it.

Warming up to him.

The only knock I've read on him is "tight hips", not allowing him to flip sides quickly. This would have been a real problem if he didn't have make-up speed. Fortunately, he does. He also hits like a safety, so there's a lot to like about him.

i dont know about his hips...I know bama has weird technique when it comes to teaching their DBs. Like they didnt teach them to back pedal. So it might not be his hips but just the way he was coached in college
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:

i love it.

Warming up to him.

i dont get the boner jamz for a 29 year old coming off of achilles surgery.

i'd rather have the young SEC stud drafted at 6

sound like someone we know?
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:

i love it.

Warming up to him.

i dont get the boner jamz for a 29 year old coming off of achilles surgery.

i'd rather have the young SEC stud drafted at 6

sound like someone we know?

Haden.
dawgdish

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Milliner + Haden would certainly make our pass rush look better

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makes me think of something Mayock said weeks ago. That there's not much difference from the 10 or so pick in this draft and a pick in the mid second.

Milliner is solid but there's very little that separates him and a host of CBs available in the 2nd and high 3rd. He's not really worthy of the pick at #6.

Something said by a wise exec...Whenever going into the draft you don't want to have a glaring need that draws you too far from going bpa....or something like that.

That high, your looking for a potential all pro, not a solid #2 CB, ya'know?
I think there's a better chance will be looking for an offensive gamechanger at #6, or with our first pick, I should say. The best teams right now are winning more by scoring points then with suffocating defense.

2017 Pre Draft Mock *Full Draft* | talkdraft.net
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd really like drafting Milliner...

However, I don't want to go into the draft being forced to draft him because of an overwhelming positional need.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
I'd really like drafting Milliner...

However, I don't want to go into the draft being forced to draft him because of an overwhelming positional need.

don't see how itd be forcing us to draft him...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: