Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Has to be Millner right?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Warsaw Warriors

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: Has to be Millner right? Reply with quote

CB is a major need, The Browns have not signed one in FA, no scond round pick and not as much need for a pass rusher anymore (although I would not mind one taken at #6) The Browns have to be looking at Millner with their first round pick right? Makes the most sense to me.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he is there, yes.

Unless Geno Falls, then all hell breaks loose

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we stay @ 6 yes...
boblight22

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
If he is there, yes.

No argument here.
I expect that Geno goes top 3, but you never know.
Dee Milliner fills our biggest need on D right now.

I still expect us to sign a depth corner, but we need a #2.

You add Bryant, Kruger, Milliner, a healthy TJ Ward and an aggressive D coordinator and things could get exciting.
BwickBrownie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boblight22 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
If he is there, yes.

No argument here.
I expect that Geno goes top 3, but you never know.
Dee Milliner fills our biggest need on D right now.

I still expect us to sign a depth corner, but we need a #2.

You add Bryant, Kruger, Milliner, a healthy TJ Ward and an aggressive D coordinator and things could get exciting.

Woot woot to that...Milliner to me is absolutely the best option if he's still there at 6, and tbh, if we can pull of a trade down and get Rhodes, I'm equally as excited (not saying they're the same talent, just saying Milliner = Rhodes + an additional 2nd). I'm so pumped at the prospect of pairing him with Haden, as I've read some places that he (Milliner) performs best in a tandem. Plus having Morton as our DC... our defense finally gains an identity that we've been lacking for some time now. Sign Grimes to a respectable contract as well and whoaaaa nelly, we're off to the races!
ReggieCamp

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this regime is going to do everything in its power to trade down. Draft picks are the ultimate currency in today's NFL, and they badly want to recoup that 2nd rounder. Given the overall weakness at the top of the draft, we probably won't fall in love with anyone, and we'll try like hell to trade down.

All of this, of course, goes out the window if we want Geno Smith.

It will happen some day. Not sure when.
Warsaw Warriors

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trading down is easier said than done. Have to have a willing partner. Not saying there won't be one, but I think the Eagles take Geno meaning a lot of trade options go out the door.
ReggieCamp

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warsaw Warriors wrote:
Trading down is easier said than done. Have to have a willing partner. Not saying there won't be one, but I think the Eagles take Geno meaning a lot of trade options go out the door.

Yep, trading down is easier said than done, I agree. We all seem to say it every year in here. I'm just saying that I believe Banner/Lombardi will leave no stone unturned in trying to trade down. Hopefully, they won't have to take a Mangini trade-down discount, but they may entertain one.

It will happen some day. Not sure when.
BwickBrownie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warsaw Warriors wrote:

I think that's a given and a little bit of a knee jerk reaction to anytime anyone says "we should trade down"... but in this case, it's a very real possibility...
Given Banners past affinity for trading down (which means we know he'd be readily willing to listen to offers) and the fact that you can basically say Joeckel will definitely fill one of the first five spots and then guess that Jordan, Floyd, Fisher, and Milliner all have good chances at filling the other four, all of a sudden the Browns have the #1 QB prospect sitting in their lap and they're the last team before 3 teams in a row who all have a glaring hole to fill at that position...

So while I agree that we need a dance partner, I think it's completely reasonable to include that in the list of draft scenarios.
Warsaw Warriors

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Eagles take Geno. Makes too much sense to me
bulldog

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My top 10 list looks like this for the Browns.

Star Lotulelei
Dion Jordan
Dee Milliner
Kenny Vaccaro
Cordarrelle Patterson
Xavier Rhodes
Tyler Eifert
Ziggy Ansah
Desmond Trufant
Tavon Austin

For the NFL as a whole, my list would look like this.

Luke Joeckel
Star Lotulelei
Geno Smith
Eric Fisher
Dion Jordan
Dee Milliner
Sharrif Floyd
Kenny Vaccaro
Cordarrelle Patterson
Xavier Rhodes

I also think one of either Barkley or Glennon will be a top 10 pick as well.
tricklogic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last years 1st round was pretty entertaining. I feel like the rookie wage scale made trading much more likely in those earlier rounds. Probably wont see an RG3 haul in this draft, but I would not be surprised to see desperate teams (i.e middle of the packers every year and the Jets) moving around.

There have also been some pretty active teams out there who will probably move around.
bulldog

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

getting back to the OP, and talking about the CB class.

Assuming we sign Grimes, (since its between CLE and MIA) here's what I'd like to bring up.

-The Browns addressed the front seven heavily in FA, bringing in two OLB's and one DE.

-The Browns didn't do much at all on offense in FA, other than one TE. (that I think may surprise some people)

*bare with me, i'm making a point, I promise*

-I firmly believe the Browns will try very hard to trade down first and foremost. Though, this isn't the easiest thing to do, lets look at the possibilities.

*the LT trade down*
ARI almost has to take a QB or a LT. Teams like SD(11), MIA(12), and NO(15) could be viable trade down partners trying to leap frog ARI for their next LT.
--MIA makes the most sense to me since they now have a huge hole there and already have a stand out WR and Franchise QB.

*QB scenario*
CLE has had Smith in for a visit. Could be for real, could be to create smoke. Who knows. What it does do is create a possible trade down for several reasons. As stated above, ARI needs LT and QB in a bad way. ARI(7) may want to move ahead of us to get a QB, as well as BUF(eight), and NYJ(9) who may try to leap frog ARI.

I firmly believe the value in this draft is from 11-40.

Now, getting back to the CB issue.
-This draft is deep, and I mean deep at CB. Between Xavier Rhodes and B.W. Webb, there isn't much of a talent difference, but there is about a 2/3 round difference in projected value.

My point?

Given he Browns options in round one, I'd rather them take the BPA regardless of position. Whether it be a DL (star) OLB (Jordan) or a S (Vaccaro). or a trade down. In which case, one of those players have a high chance of still being there as well as guys like Eifert, Austin, and Datone Jones. Then targeting one of the other CB's later in round 3 or 4 (or 2 if we have a trade down).

I also think this draft is deep at G and OLB. Big time development guys that can produce, but have a major area of weakness to go along with strength.
cattleman78

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
getting back to the OP, and talking about the CB class.

Assuming we sign Grimes, (since its between CLE and MIA) here's what I'd like to bring up.

-The Browns addressed the front seven heavily in FA, bringing in two OLB's and one DE.

-The Browns didn't do much at all on offense in FA, other than one TE. (that I think may surprise some people)

*bare with me, i'm making a point, I promise*

-I firmly believe the Browns will try very hard to trade down first and foremost. Though, this isn't the easiest thing to do, lets look at the possibilities.

*the LT trade down*
ARI almost has to take a QB or a LT. Teams like SD(11), MIA(12), and NO(15) could be viable trade down partners trying to leap frog ARI for their next LT.
--MIA makes the most sense to me since they now have a huge hole there and already have a stand out WR and Franchise QB.

*QB scenario*
CLE has had Smith in for a visit. Could be for real, could be to create smoke. Who knows. What it does do is create a possible trade down for several reasons. As stated above, ARI needs LT and QB in a bad way. ARI(7) may want to move ahead of us to get a QB, as well as BUF(eight), and NYJ(9) who may try to leap frog ARI.

I firmly believe the value in this draft is from 11-40.

Now, getting back to the CB issue.
-This draft is deep, and I mean deep at CB. Between Xavier Rhodes and B.W. Webb, there isn't much of a talent difference, but there is about a 2/3 round difference in projected value.

My point?

Given he Browns options in round one, I'd rather them take the BPA regardless of position. Whether it be a DL (star) OLB (Jordan) or a S (Vaccaro). or a trade down. In which case, one of those players have a high chance of still being there as well as guys like Eifert, Austin, and Datone Jones. Then targeting one of the other CB's later in round 3 or 4 (or 2 if we have a trade down).

I also think this draft is deep at G and OLB. Big time development guys that can produce, but have a major area of weakness to go along with strength.

I agree with this but would add Star and Floyd could also intice some team to trade up especially if they are as good as some so called experts think.

Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
cattleman78

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:
I think this regime is going to do everything in its power to trade down. Draft picks are the ultimate currency in today's NFL, and they badly want to recoup that 2nd rounder. Given the overall weakness at the top of the draft, we probably won't fall in love with anyone, and we'll try like hell to trade down.

All of this, of course, goes out the window if we want Geno Smith.

I'm wondering Reg if you traded down to say the 11-13 area and had your choice of either a second this year or a first next year what would you do? In all honesty looking at next years draft I'd probably go with the 1st rounder next year and not just because of a q.b.

Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: