You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How would you feel about drafting two pass rushers?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe Willie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: How would you feel about drafting two pass rushers? Reply with quote

If we got the Bucs pick in the Revis deal.

Either Mingo or Ansah at 9 and Jarvis Jones at 13.

I really like Barnes and I think he will be very good for us but I doubt he's the long term answer for us. We have a ton of holes to worry about and drafting two rushers is a luxury that we might not be able to afford, but I think it would help the team immensely. I would probably be happier with Warmack at 9 and Jones at 13 though.
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be ok going two pass rushers early. If we took one in the 1st, I suppose I would mind taking an all-around LB with some pass rushing ability in the later rounds (like a Quanterus Smith).
jetfuel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be mad if we drafted a D player in the first let alone 2 in the first. The weakest spot on the team is the O. We need people on the O not the D. This draft is so deep in pass rushers we can solve this in the 3-6 rounds.
superbowlbound

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

id be 100% ecstatic if we got mingo and ansah/jordan in the first....... thats a best case scenario for me
Rich51

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
I wouldn't be ok going two pass rushers early. If we took one in the 1st, I suppose I would mind taking an all-around LB with some pass rushing ability in the later rounds (like a Quanterus Smith).

This and Smith would be a good choice as well
mikejets22

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mingo and Ansah would be amazing. Period.
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikejets22 wrote:
It would also be the riskiest 1st round for a team with multiple picks in the 1st ever. Could be getting two studs, two busts, or one of each.
mikejets22

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
mikejets22 wrote:
It would also be the riskiest 1st round for a team with multiple picks in the 1st ever. Could be getting two studs, two busts, or one of each.

true. all i keep picturing is Mo-Ellis-Coples with Mingo and Ansah coming off each edge. How does that not excite Jets fans with Rex Ryan at the helm? We would be a dangerous team simply based on our front seven. Draft a safety in the 3rd. Top 5 defense.
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikejets22 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
mikejets22 wrote:

true. all i keep picturing is Mo-Ellis-Coples with Mingo and Ansah coming off each edge. How does that not excite Jets fans with Rex Ryan at the helm? We would be a dangerous team simply based on our front seven. Draft a safety in the 3rd. Top 5 defense.
My fear is that we'll go too defense oriented and not focus at all on the offense. Realistically, we had the 6th best defense last year in the league without revis. I know we lost a lot of players on D, but we need to level out the disparity between our D and our O
rampantjet

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love 1 pass rusher, and i would even be happy if we took another one later on. But using our first 2 picks on pass rushers with the offense we have wouldn't make me happy.
mikejets22

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rampantjet wrote:
I would love 1 pass rusher, and i would even be happy if we took another one later on. But using our first 2 picks on pass rushers with the offense we have wouldn't make me happy.

No doubt about it i can see how fans could be upset, but say we go this:
1. Ansah
1a. Mingo
2. D. Hopkins
3. Travis kelce
3a. Dj swear
4. Christine Michael

I walk away happiest jets fan in history defense and offense get addressed solidly and we snag 2 of TOP pass rushing prospects.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys do realize that after our defense gets off the field that our "offense" comes out? That offense that doesn't have a left guard, a number 1 receiver, a starting TE or a RB with any experience carrying the bulk of the carries right? And people want to be 2 pass rushers in the first round? TRying to win every game 12-10 or 9-7 is going to be near impossible with how poor the talent currently is on the other side of the ball.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
mikejets22

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
You guys do realize that after our defense gets off the field that our "offense" comes out? That offense that doesn't have a left guard, a number 1 receiver, a starting TE or a RB with any experience carrying the bulk of the carries right? And people want to be 2 pass rushers in the first round? TRying to win every game 12-10 or 9-7 is going to be near impossible with how poor the talent currently is on the other side of the ball.

And i agree with you it needs to be addressed. but the best value i see is at pass rusher early, and TE, WR, and RB later on. It just makes sense in this draft. If it was top heavy with real stud potential WRs, i'd say grab them. this draft happens to be deep in the middle with TE and WRs... to me it just makes sense for us to go that route.
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikejets22 wrote:
ekill08x wrote:

And i agree with you it needs to be addressed. but the best value i see is at pass rusher early, and TE, WR, and RB later on. It just makes sense in this draft. If it was top heavy with real stud potential WRs, i'd say grab them. this draft happens to be deep in the middle with TE and WRs... to me it just makes sense for us to go that route.
When our offense is as putrid as it is, you can't really on mid-late round offensive picks.
mikejets22

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
mikejets22 wrote:
ekill08x wrote:

When our offense is as putrid as it is, you can't really on mid-late round offensive picks.

Reaching early for top-15 talent that isnt there is the worst possible solution. Do I want a top 15 RB, TE or WR? sure, but I dont see that in this draft, thats all Im saying. Why reach when its a deep draft at the positions, not top heavy.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: