You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Geno Smith equals Aaron Brooks
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MoLewis57

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Geno Smith equals Aaron Brooks Reply with quote

The more I think about it the moat this comparison makes sense to me. He isnt the best passer or the best runner but is servicable in both capacities and will likely have some success but never live up to expectations

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Geno Smith equals Aaron Brooks Reply with quote

MoLewis57 wrote:
The more I think about it the moat this comparison makes sense to me. He isnt the best passer or the best runner but is servicable in both capacities and will likely have some success but never live up to expectations

[REMOVED]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he is more similar to Ryan Tannehill.
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Geno Smith equals Aaron Brooks Reply with quote

footballboss24 wrote:
MoLewis57 wrote:

[REMOVED]

That does a disservice to what is actually a legitimate comparison.
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
NY_Jets87

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Geno Smith equals Aaron Brooks Reply with quote

footballboss24 wrote:

[REMOVED]

You have issues.

Mack on the Sig
MoLewis57

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Geno Smith equals Aaron Brooks Reply with quote

NY_Jets87 wrote:
footballboss24 wrote:

[REMOVED]

You have issues.

Yea dude way to be racist. Sorry i saw to lanky dudes with similar skill sets tbat i think will have similar sucess playing the same possition in similar fashions -

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is a fair comparison, no need for the race comments. This is nothing like when a writer compared Cam newton to Michael Vick.

JETS . HEAT . ATLANTA UNITED FC . UCLA/GEORGIA STATE .
rampantjet

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't care about the black thing, but as players i just think it isn't a great comparison. They played ROUGHLY a similar game but man... Geno put up almost double the yards(4200 to 2500) in their senior years. While throwing for almost triple the TD's (42 to 15)and nearly half the Ints (6 to 10).

And the biggest disparity in my opinion, Geno completed over 71% of his passes. Brooks a very impressive 52% LOL. wow. I know the offenses in college have changed since then but not THAT drastically, those are insanely bad stats. How did he ever get drafted??

His stats actually got BETTER in the pros, so i will accept that comparison, in my mind you are just saying that Geno is gonna do even better in the pros than he did in college Smile
footballboss24

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Geno Smith equals Aaron Brooks Reply with quote

MoLewis57 wrote:
NY_Jets87 wrote:
footballboss24 wrote:

[REMOVED]

You have issues.

Yea dude way to be racist. Sorry i saw to lanky dudes with similar skill sets tbat i think will have similar sucess playing the same possition in similar fashions -

[REMOVED]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaron Brooks was drafted in 4th Round so taking him in the first round is very bad. OUCH!!!

Last edited by quietjetsket on Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Malik

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geno doesn't run though. Ever.
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Race is not allowed to be discussed here. Leave it out.

If you see somebody talking about something that's a rule violation, don't quote it, or discuss it any further.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we just have one thread to specifically Discuss QB options I feel like a lot of threads are being made just to make a single point?
MoLewis57

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rampantjet wrote:
I really don't care about the black thing, but as players i just think it isn't a great comparison. They played ROUGHLY a similar game but man... Geno put up almost double the yards(4200 to 2500) in their senior years. While throwing for almost triple the TD's (42 to 15)and nearly half the Ints (6 to 10).

And the biggest disparity in my opinion, Geno completed over 71% of his passes. Brooks a very impressive 52% LOL. wow. I know the offenses in college have changed since then but not THAT drastically, those are insanely bad stats. How did he ever get drafted??

His stats actually got BETTER in the pros, so i will accept that comparison, in my mind you are just saying that Geno is gonna do even better in the pros than he did in college Smile

College football especially West Virgina has thriwn the ball alot and i attibute his crazy co.pletion percentage to all the swing passes and short routes that are easy passes.

His numbers are way better because the game has changed so much.

I see Smiths career following a very similar path to Brooks. Good not great and injurys if he tries to run. Smith is too lanky to take hits from NFL players on the run an isnt as fast as tbe more successful running qbs in the leauge.

I hope for his sake he does way way better and i dont wish ill on him but i see his career being lack lustdr

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KBS756 wrote:
Can we just have one thread to specifically Discuss QB options I feel like a lot of threads are being made just to make a single point?

we did have one, but everyone kept posting separate threads anyway.

JETS . HEAT . ATLANTA UNITED FC . UCLA/GEORGIA STATE .

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: