Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jarvis Jones runs 4.9 40 @ his Pro Day
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3HeadedMonster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:58 am    Post subject: Jarvis Jones runs 4.9 40 @ his Pro Day Reply with quote

Per artical below, Jarvis Jones ran a 4.9 40 at his Pro Day. Based on this, assuming Milliner is gone by pick 6 and no trade down offers, who would you pick @ 6? And why?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/21/jarvis-jones-disappoints-at-georgia-pro-day/
BwickBrownie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:37 am    Post subject: Re: Jarvis Jones runs 4.9 40 @ his Pro Day Reply with quote

3HeadedMonster wrote:
Per artical below, Jarvis Jones ran a 4.9 40 at his Pro Day. Based on this, assuming Milliner is gone by pick 6 and no trade down offers, who would you pick @ 6? And why?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/21/jarvis-jones-disappoints-at-georgia-pro-day/

I have to admit, I was a big proponent of picking him up but given his size (I think he comes in at about 240, which is light), his lack of speed does worry me.

So who else is gone though?

I'm guessing Joeckel is a given, and it seems like Floyd is being projected as a top five in a lot of mocks. If Jordan is there at 6, I'm really warming up to him given his ability and potential. If Milliner and Jordan are gone, as well as absolutely no potential to trade down and pick up Rhodes, that's a worst case scenario for me, but I suppose it's just BPA on the Browns board (not sure who that would be).
3HeadedMonster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point. Let's assume the top 5 picks are:
1. LUKE JOECKEL
OT
Texas A&M
2. ERIC FISHER
OT
Central Michigan
3. SHARRIF FLOYD
DT
Florida
4. DION JORDAN
DE
Oregon
5. DEE MILLINER
CB
Alabama
BwickBrownie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3HeadedMonster wrote:
1. LUKE JOECKEL
OT
Texas A&M
2. ERIC FISHER
OT
Central Michigan
3. SHARRIF FLOYD
DT
Florida
4. DION JORDAN
DE
Oregon
5. DEE MILLINER
CB
Alabama

Alright... I guess given the options, as long as everything pans out with his age I'd go with Ansah. I'd be a little disappointed we didnt get Milliner but still have some excitement as to what Ansah could give us after a season of Horton molding him.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BwickBrownie wrote:
3HeadedMonster wrote:
1. LUKE JOECKEL
OT
Texas A&M
2. ERIC FISHER
OT
Central Michigan
3. SHARRIF FLOYD
DT
Florida
4. DION JORDAN
DE
Oregon
5. DEE MILLINER
CB
Alabama

Alright... I guess given the options, as long as everything pans out with his age I'd go with Ansah. I'd be a little disappointed we didnt get Milliner but still have some excitement as to what Ansah could give us after a season of Horton molding him.

Take Geno or trade him to someone.

If he is there, one of the teams behind us will want him.

#JDI
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO, this doesn't change how I feel about him as a player. This guy can can play, flat out, you cannot minimize how dominate he was in the SEC.
Plus he has enough explosiveness off the ball and anticipation of the snap to be a consistent 10 sack guy IMO.

He is going to be a steal for some team that gets him outside the top 10, Remember, Suggs ran a similar time when he came out.

PSN: bench515lbs

Ahead of the curve....
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
BwickBrownie wrote:
3HeadedMonster wrote:
1. LUKE JOECKEL
OT
Texas A&M
2. ERIC FISHER
OT
Central Michigan
3. SHARRIF FLOYD
DT
Florida
4. DION JORDAN
DE
Oregon
5. DEE MILLINER
CB
Alabama

Yes, I think draft Geno or trade down is the right choice there...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
BwickBrownie wrote:
3HeadedMonster wrote:
1. LUKE JOECKEL
OT
Texas A&M
2. ERIC FISHER
OT
Central Michigan
3. SHARRIF FLOYD
DT
Florida
4. DION JORDAN
DE
Oregon
5. DEE MILLINER
CB
Alabama

I was struggling with whether I'd want him taken or not, but if the FO is ok enough with Weeden to give him another shot (which it sounds like they are warming up to) then they should buy into that fully and not waver and fill one of the many other needs we have. I'm with you and I think if he's there, we could surely shop him to someone given that we're the last team before the cluster of teams (Arizona, Buffalo, NYJ) that would love to have him.

But getting back to the original post... I know a lot of you said the 40 time wasn't as consequential as the cone drills, agility drills, etc... is there a way that this slow 40 time doesnt turn out as bad as it's initially seeming, or does this legitimately drop him out of the top 10-15?
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BwickBrownie wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
BwickBrownie wrote:
3HeadedMonster wrote:
1. LUKE JOECKEL
OT
Texas A&M
2. ERIC FISHER
OT
Central Michigan
3. SHARRIF FLOYD
DT
Florida
4. DION JORDAN
DE
Oregon
5. DEE MILLINER
CB
Alabama

I was struggling with whether I'd want him taken or not, but if the FO is ok enough with Weeden to give him another shot (which it sounds like they are warming up to) then they should buy into that fully and not waver and fill one of the many other needs we have. I'm with you and I think if he's there, we could surely shop him to someone given that we're the last team before the cluster of teams (Arizona, Buffalo, NYJ) that would love to have him.

I think the Browns could draft Geno and still give Weeden the opportunity for another year as they have said.

Might not be the best choice for immediate impact on the team drafting Geno, but it might be a smart decision... More and more Im seeing positional value rise and rise on the QB position, and a move like this addresses competition for starting QB, depth at QB, long term need (Weeden's age concern), and gives the Browns potential trade value int he future... (plus allows the team to cut McCoy/trade which helps the cap a little more)

dont know really....

should be interesting....

quite a few players I really like in this draft. If it were up to me (Madden-like) I would trade down for multiple picks and grab multiple players, but real life isnt that easy. Very Happy

Not to mention how exciting it would be to draft a young pass rusher...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not too worried about Jones at this point.

The Browns are in a GOOD spot right now based on a few things:

1. Geno Smith is getting a lot of love, and there are a few teams below us that allegedly want him (Ari, Buf, NYJ)
2. Joeckel and Fisher have solidified themselves as legit LT prospects. If they don't get picked in the top 5, someone would be happy to trade up for one.
3. Dion Jordan is a tremendous athlete and would be a solid pick for us if he is there - can drop into coverage and has good speed.
4. Miami's inability to keep Jake Long opens up a need for them at LT. This makes Lane Johnson's value go up for someone who thought he might be there in the mid-first. There is talk he could go top 10 now. (Again, more movement in the top half of the draft is possible).
5. Dee Milliner is a great choice if he is there. His 40 time answered the biggest question about him as a top 5 pick.
6. Ansah is a freak athlete who offers flexibility - in that he could probably play a number of different positions. Todd McShay said he thinks he fits best as a 5 technique - but he could also play LB in a 3-4 depending on the scheme.

So,
The Browns can either be happy to land:
1. Dee Milliner
2. Dion Jordan
3. Ezekiel Ansah

OR

Trade down for someone that moves up for

Fisher (unlikely he is there)
Lane JOhnson
Geno Smith

I think we can sit back and let the draft come to us.
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Browns sign Grimes then the draft posibilities are wide open.... that will be fun !!!! If not, well we all will be praying for Milliner/Rhodes.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I told everyone the Von Miller comparisons were a joke. He's not an athlete, doesn't look like an athlete on the field either.

He's a 43 SAM LB.

He's got a great football IQ and works extremely hard on the field.

He's a late first round pick in my book. high 20's at best.
BwickBrownie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
If the Browns sign Grimes then the draft posibilities are wide open.... that will be fun !!!! If not, well we all will be praying for Milliner/Rhodes.

This sums up my whole position right now. I don't think Grimes is going to be as effective as he was prior to his injury, but it'd still be nice to have a definitive #2 on the roster heading into the draft.

And boblight22... reading your post was like listening to Jumper by Third Eye Blind.... thank you my friend.
big poppa pump

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boblight22 wrote:
I am not too worried about Jones at this point.

The Browns are in a GOOD spot right now based on a few things:

1. Geno Smith is getting a lot of love, and there are a few teams below us that allegedly want him (Ari, Buf, NYJ)
2. Joeckel and Fisher have solidified themselves as legit LT prospects. If they don't get picked in the top 5, someone would be happy to trade up for one.
3. Dion Jordan is a tremendous athlete and would be a solid pick for us if he is there - can drop into coverage and has good speed.
4. Miami's inability to keep Jake Long opens up a need for them at LT. This makes Lane Johnson's value go up for someone who thought he might be there in the mid-first. There is talk he could go top 10 now. (Again, more movement in the top half of the draft is possible).
5. Dee Milliner is a great choice if he is there. His 40 time answered the biggest question about him as a top 5 pick.
6. Ansah is a freak athlete who offers flexibility - in that he could probably play a number of different positions. Todd McShay said he thinks he fits best as a 5 technique - but he could also play LB in a 3-4 depending on the scheme.

So,
The Browns can either be happy to land:
1. Dee Milliner
2. Dion Jordan
3. Ezekiel Ansah

OR

Trade down for someone that moves up for

Fisher (unlikely he is there)
Lane JOhnson
Geno Smith

I think we can sit back and let the draft come to us.

I would be pretty pleased with any of these options. I also think that Jarvis Jones is better than his 40 time indicates.

BIG UPS TO REG....DA MAN
boblight22

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BwickBrownie wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:

This sums up my whole position right now. I don't think Grimes is going to be as effective as he was prior to his injury, but it'd still be nice to have a definitive #2 on the roster heading into the draft.

And boblight22... reading your post was like listening to Jumper by Third Eye Blind.... thank you my friend.

This is Cleveland.
We all need talked off the ledge on occasion.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: