Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Form Mock Draft -Steelers - Round 2 (Revised)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

With the 48th overall selection the Pittsburgh Steelers take..?
Alex Okafor/OLB - Texas
51%
 51%  [ 15 ]
Arthur Brown/ILB - Kansas State
34%
 34%  [ 10 ]
Giovanni Bernard/RB - North Carolina
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Vance McDonald/TE - Rice
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Terron Armstead/OT - Arkansas-Pine Bluff
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Menelik Watson/OT - Florida State
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
John Jenkins/DT - Georgia
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Sio Moore/OLB - Connecticut
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Jamar Taylor/CB - Boise State
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 29

JLambert58

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
Gatoradus wrote:
Love arthur brown's potentials. Vance Mcdonald look like the TE who will sneak on everybody, if Steelers wants to get a redIzone weapon, McDonald is the guy.

However I have to go with Alex Okafor. Probably a more polished 3-4 OLB than Jarvis Jones wil ever be.

Im more interested in MacDonald's teammate Wilson. Said that long before his pro day which Im sure most of you would freak out about. Luke Wilson is his name.
TE Luke Wilson, 6-5/251 4.47 38" 24 reps

Wow those are some great numbers for Wilson.
Wardfan05

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is slower than the year teams had 15 minutes in the first round and there were several trades.. Rolling Eyes

- Thanks, Joe_is_the_best
JLambert58

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wardfan05 wrote:
This is slower than the year teams had 15 minutes in the first round and there were several trades.. Rolling Eyes

I second that. Let's get this show on the road.
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll step in on this one. 27 total votes is about the max we've had in any poll and with a 6 vote difference it looks like

with the 48th pick in the 2013 NFL Draft the Pittsburgh Steelers select..

Alex Okafor - OLB - Texas

...you have a forum resume?
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
I am more worried about a 265lb OLB than a 236lb ILB
what do you mean? A 236 Ilb gets killed in the run game, they can't get off blocks. A 265 OLB is nearly as big as a de in the run game and can still pass rush like a de, they might not be as good in coverage but they are sill decent at it. The redskins 3 best OLBs are over 260 lbs
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
jebrick

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
jebrick wrote:
I am more worried about a 265lb OLB than a 236lb ILB
what do you mean? A 236 Ilb gets killed in the run game, they can't get off blocks. A 265 OLB is nearly as big as a de in the run game and can still pass rush like a de, they might not be as good in coverage but they are sill decent at it. The redskins 3 best OLBs are over 260 lbs

Because he has not grown into his body yet. You guys complain about the 250 lb De the Steelers drafted because his weight went up to 280+ lbs. Very few of these boys keep the weight they were drafted at. They go up. So you are saying that the Steelers should bookend the line with 2 OLB that are over weight and can't change direction very well. So they will only be suited for zone coverage. They have to be able to cover and recognize plays. Okafor is a 4-3 DE and that is all he is. He is Woodley without the quick twitch or explosiveness.

when he finally has his pro day, watch what his 3 cone drill will be( if he runs it). I predict it will be between 7.3 and 7.6

Farrior played very well at 236-241. I did not see him being killed in the running game and he was able to cover in the passing game.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the websites have James Farrior weighing 242 or 243.... Confused

You are right in that a player can gain more weight and play in the 240s as he grows older. I'd just rather get the buck/thumper ilb in the mid rounds, we need that guy, we already have Timmons who is around 235 playing the inside Wil position. If we drafted Arthur Brown or someone that size they'd be riding the pine behind Timmons till Timmons was ready to retire and that isn't anytime soon
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MightyJoeYoung

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:

You are right in that a player can gain more weight and play in the 240s as he grows older. I'd just rather get the buck/thumper ilb in the mid rounds, we need that guy, we already have Timmons who is around 235 playing the inside Wil position. If we drafted Arthur Brown or some own that size they'd be riding the line behind Timmons till Timmons was ready to retire and that isn't anytime soon

How many times do people need to be told that players are measured and weighed once when they come out of college and that is it.

Timmons is 250 lbs minimum btw.

Thanks to Joe_is_the_best for the sig

"The King Stay the King"
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MightyJoeYoung wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

You are right in that a player can gain more weight and play in the 240s as he grows older. I'd just rather get the buck/thumper ilb in the mid rounds, we need that guy, we already have Timmons who is around 235 playing the inside Wil position. If we drafted Arthur Brown or some own that size they'd be riding the line behind Timmons till Timmons was ready to retire and that isn't anytime soon

How many times do people need to be told that players are measured once when they come out of college and that is it.

I realize that but Farrior was never small, like a 230 pound LB would be, I believe he was always in the 240s.

how do you know Timmons is 250? Did he get down in his underwear and get on the scale at your house? Wink
SteelProven

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
MightyJoeYoung wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

How many times do people need to be told that players are measured once when they come out of college and that is it.

I realize that but Farrior was never small, like a 230 pound LB would be, I believe he was always in the 240s.

how do you know Timmons is 250? Did he get down in his underwear and get on the scale at your house? Wink

Potsie played at 228 lbs I remember I heard it from Tom Shaw. When Farrior was working with him in Orlando.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
MightyJoeYoung wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

There are articles out there with quotes from Farrior describing how he was in the 235 range. If I find one I shall show you.

No haha. he actually may be down to 245 or lower now but in 2011, he was without doubt above 250. It was evident in the way his athleticism suffered a bit. So I partially take back my initial comment on Timmons' weight.

Thanks to Joe_is_the_best for the sig

"The King Stay the King"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: