Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Form Mock Draft -Steelers - Round 2 (Revised)
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

With the 48th overall selection the Pittsburgh Steelers take..?
Alex Okafor/OLB - Texas
51%
 51%  [ 15 ]
Arthur Brown/ILB - Kansas State
34%
 34%  [ 10 ]
Giovanni Bernard/RB - North Carolina
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Vance McDonald/TE - Rice
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Terron Armstead/OT - Arkansas-Pine Bluff
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Menelik Watson/OT - Florida State
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
John Jenkins/DT - Georgia
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Sio Moore/OLB - Connecticut
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Jamar Taylor/CB - Boise State
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 29

Author Message
wwhickok


Joined: 27 Nov 2012
Posts: 12056
Location: Montgomery, PA aka Steeler Nation!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:33 am    Post subject: Form Mock Draft -Steelers - Round 2 (Revised) Reply with quote

I've eliminated the Options that got 0 votes and added the options that got 'requests' in the original poll.

This poll has several additional options.

*wasn't able to do this after the first vote was cast last night, so if you want it edited, don't vote on it until you let me know and I have a chance to do so. Just private message me and I'll add or remove any guys you want before we finalize this poll*
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gatoradus


Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Posts: 2214
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love arthur brown's potentials. Vance Mcdonald look like the TE who will sneak on everybody, if Steelers wants to get a redIzone weapon, McDonald is the guy.

However I have to go with Alex Okafor. Probably a more polished 3-4 OLB than Jarvis Jones wil ever be.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JustPlainNasty


Joined: 11 Feb 2008
Posts: 7097
Location: Las Vegas
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatoradus wrote:
Love arthur brown's potentials. Vance Mcdonald look like the TE who will sneak on everybody, if Steelers wants to get a redIzone weapon, McDonald is the guy.

However I have to go with Alex Okafor. Probably a more polished 3-4 OLB than Jarvis Jones wil ever be.


Im more interested in MacDonald's teammate Wilson. Said that long before his pro day which Im sure most of you would freak out about. Luke Wilson is his name.
TE Luke Wilson, 6-5/251 4.47 38" 24 reps
_________________
Dcash4 wrote:


...you have a forum resume?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jebrick


Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Posts: 7989
Location: Indianapolis
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they want an athletic OT that can be a LT then Wilson and Armstead are outstanding picks. I think CB drop off after Taylor.

But they have a huge hole at ILB.
_________________

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stefan52268


Joined: 14 Apr 2010
Posts: 6887
Location: Pittsburgh
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we should put a time limit in this pool so it take days for this selection. I say 7pm should be plenty of time for everyone to vote. Heck I think 5pm wouldn't be bad either.
_________________

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wwhickok


Joined: 27 Nov 2012
Posts: 12056
Location: Montgomery, PA aka Steeler Nation!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stefan52268 wrote:
I think we should put a time limit in this pool so it take days for this selection. I say 7pm should be plenty of time for everyone to vote. Heck I think 5pm wouldn't be bad either.


agreed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thewadewilson


Joined: 12 Mar 2013
Posts: 146
Location: me on the sig Espn Insider forget Kiper
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a big fan of Brown he is only 229 that screams 4-3. He would really need to bulk up to play in a 3-4.
_________________


Pittsburgh Steelers/Houston Texans Fan
Whiz Khalifa Black & Yellow/Slim Thug I'm From Houston Texas home of the Texans
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cjfollett


Joined: 23 Mar 2006
Posts: 350
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Okafor to me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62134
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went with Alex Okafor although I wouldn't mind John Jenkins either, I like McLendon and the young prospects Ta'amu and Hebron but this team needs a freakin horse in the middle. Jenkins could be the man. McLendon and Ta'amu should have the athletic ability and height to see reserve snaps at 3-4 DE if need be because both are 6'3 to 6'4.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
—TC 5; Preseason 17; Reg Season 48
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
treat88


Joined: 03 Mar 2006
Posts: 6421
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thewadewilson wrote:
Not a big fan of Brown he is only 229 that screams 4-3. He would really need to bulk up to play in a 3-4.


He weighed in at 241 for the combine.

Hes the exact same size as Navarro Bowman...who happens to be a great comp for Brown, right down to the pre draft concerns as to how theyd fit in a 34.

Pounds table for Brown in what appears to be a losing effort.
_________________



"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JLambert58


Joined: 30 Jan 2013
Posts: 429
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treat88 wrote:
thewadewilson wrote:
Not a big fan of Brown he is only 229 that screams 4-3. He would really need to bulk up to play in a 3-4.


He weighed in at 241 for the combine.

Hes the exact same size as Navarro Bowman...who happens to be a great comp for Brown, right down to the pre draft concerns as to how theyd fit in a 34.

Pounds table for Brown in what appears to be a losing effort.


He was 236 at his pro day.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
treat88


Joined: 03 Mar 2006
Posts: 6421
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JLambert58 wrote:
treat88 wrote:
thewadewilson wrote:
Not a big fan of Brown he is only 229 that screams 4-3. He would really need to bulk up to play in a 3-4.


He weighed in at 241 for the combine.

Hes the exact same size as Navarro Bowman...who happens to be a great comp for Brown, right down to the pre draft concerns as to how theyd fit in a 34.

Pounds table for Brown in what appears to be a losing effort.


He was 236 at his pro day.


And Bowman was 232 at his.

I think Bowmans a good comp for Brown, but Bowmans not really my point.

When we are talking 5 to 10 pounds on guys that weigh 240ish, thats really irrelevant. Their weight will naturally fluctuate that much just based on time of day. Hell, weigh Brown at night and he probably goes 245. One good meal, a couple glasses of water and there ya go. These small discrepancies really have nothing to do with body composition changes.
_________________



"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JLambert58


Joined: 30 Jan 2013
Posts: 429
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treat88 wrote:
JLambert58 wrote:
treat88 wrote:
thewadewilson wrote:
Not a big fan of Brown he is only 229 that screams 4-3. He would really need to bulk up to play in a 3-4.


He weighed in at 241 for the combine.

Hes the exact same size as Navarro Bowman...who happens to be a great comp for Brown, right down to the pre draft concerns as to how theyd fit in a 34.

Pounds table for Brown in what appears to be a losing effort.


He was 236 at his pro day.


And Bowman was 232 at his.

I think Bowmans a good comp for Brown, but Bowmans not really my point.

When we are talking 5 to 10 pounds on guys that weigh 240ish, thats really irrelevant. Their weight will naturally fluctuate that much just based on time of day. Hell, weigh Brown at night and he probably goes 245. One good meal, a couple glasses of water and there ya go. These small discrepancies really have nothing to do with body composition changes.


Yeah, maybe Treat, but when you are talking about a guy 6' and no more, 10 lbs. is significant imo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62134
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to admit, I like Brown but it seems to me he has problem keeping his weight. He knew his weight would be scrutinized at the combine so he put on 10 lbs. His natural weight seems to be more around 230, not 240. I think he's a better prospect to be a 4-3 WLB.

We have a player similar to what he brings to the table in Lawrence Timmons. This team needs a buck, a thumper who kills fbs, rbs and even guards when they come to the second level. Other than if Minter falls to us or we take Teo, Those guys in this draft will be found in the 3rd on. They will need a year or two of development but will get it behind Larry Foote IMO.

I'm taking about:

1. Kevin Reddick, ILB, Unc *** versatile to play OLB or Ilb I Like him
2. Johnathan Bostic, ILB, Florida
3. Nico Johnson, Ilb, Alabama
4. Aj Klein, Ilb, Iowa St
5. Vince Williams, Ilb, FSU
6. Michael Matui, Ilb, PU
7. Cornelius Washington, ILB, Georgia*** versatile to play OLB or Ilb I Like him
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
—TC 5; Preseason 17; Reg Season 48
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
jebrick


Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Posts: 7989
Location: Indianapolis
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am more worried about a 265lb OLB than a 236lb ILB
_________________

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group