Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What would you have done?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What do you do?
Stick with Luck sure thing franchise Quarterbacks are hard to come by.
53%
 53%  [ 7 ]
Keep Manning acquire 3 future firsts plus a second?
46%
 46%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 13

thebestever6

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject: What would you have done? Reply with quote

Say in 3 years Andrew Luck is a top 3 quarterback in the game, and Brock Osweiler completed his first season ranked in the top 10 in stats. Let's also say he shows the poise, leadership, and ability to read defenses post snap and pre snap. At that point do the Colts regret not trading the first pick and keeping Manning and developing Osweiler. Some trade downs work an example is chargers trading down and getting L.T and Brees. I think the Colts could of gotten a kings ransom for that pick. If Denver was in the Colts situation what would you have wanted them to do? They could of had 4 firsts plus a second round pick. So which philosophy do you agree with? I'd say keep Manning his latter years may be better than 80% of qbs primes.

Big Palooka wrote:
"They don't have to worry about him making consistent passes. They will win another 2-3 max with him at QB."
Donut

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd get Luck. Add in he's a top 3 QB I want Luck. The difference between a top 10 Qb and an elite one is a lot. Look at what an amazing QB can carry on his back. give me Luck.
2011: Matt Slater
2012: Ras I Dowling
2013: Chandler Jones
thebestever6

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donut wrote:
I'd get Luck. Add in he's a top 3 QB I want Luck. The difference between a top 10 Qb and an elite one is a lot. Look at what an amazing QB can carry on his back. give me Luck.

I'm not sure how much I agree with this last year the Ravens defense played great in the playoffs and the leadership of Ray Lewis carried the team. Yes, Flacco had a great run but I still don't think he is elite. You look at Eli Manning and Big Ben they aren't top 3 Qbs either. That Giants pass rush was clutch in those Super bowls as was the Steelers D in theirs. Tom Brady never won a Superbowl when he didn't have a great defense. The only elite quarterbacks that won their teams superbowls IMO was Brees, Manning, and Rodgers.I still believe the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts.

Big Palooka wrote:
"They don't have to worry about him making consistent passes. They will win another 2-3 max with him at QB."
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's too much "let's say _____ happens" in this question. I deal with the here and now.

That said, I'll take Andrew Luck as my team's QB any day.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
Donut

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebestever6 wrote:
Donut wrote:

I'm not sure how much I agree with this last year the Ravens defense played great in the playoffs and the leadership of Ray Lewis carried the team. Yes, Flacco had a great run but I still don't think he is elite. You look at Eli Manning and Big Ben they aren't top 3 Qbs either. That Giants pass rush was clutch in those Super bowls as was the Steelers D in theirs. Tom Brady never won a Superbowl when he didn't have a great defense. The only elite quarterbacks that won their teams superbowls IMO was Brees, Manning, and Rodgers.I still believe the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts.

Manning was awful in his post season run.The defense was huge reason they won. Also Saints had a record for something about turnovers. They were a very aggressive defense where a lot of guys had career yrs.
Lewis was not the reason they won. Flacco played great and had 0 turnovers... Flacco got hot and defense played well.
No one player wins a super bowl. but seeing what elite QBs can do is amazing. Rodgers carried his team this yr. No running game and his passing attack was amazing. You can count on him and Brady year after yr to do this. Brady compensates for a crappy defense that is coming together but the team relies on him.
You can't win w/ just an offense. A defense is needed and a lot of the time teams just get hot at the right time. But its harder to find a great QB than build a defense good enough to win a super bowl.
thebestever6

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
There's too much "let's say _____ happens" in this question. I deal with the here and now.

That said, I'll take Andrew Luck as my team's QB any day.

That was the point of this thread I guess I agree because qbs tend to develop much quicker in today's NFL it may not take 3 total years for Luck to be better than Manning.

Big Palooka wrote:
thebestever6

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donut wrote:
thebestever6 wrote:
Donut wrote:

Manning was awful in his post season run.The defense was huge reason they won. Also Saints had a record for something about turnovers. They were a very aggressive defense where a lot of guys had career yrs.
Lewis was not the reason they won. Flacco played great and had 0 turnovers... Flacco got hot and defense played well.
No one player wins a super bowl. but seeing what elite QBs can do is amazing. Rodgers carried his team this yr. No running game and his passing attack was amazing. You can count on him and Brady year after yr to do this. Brady compensates for a crappy defense that is coming together but the team relies on him.
You can't win w/ just an offense. A defense is needed and a lot of the time teams just get hot at the right time. But its harder to find a great QB than build a defense good enough to win a super bowl.

I agree elite qbs can carry a team to the post season but it takes a TEAM to win it all. Doubling up on first round picks for four straight years would help. Brees was amazing in the 09 Superbowl.

Big Palooka wrote:
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Luck becomes a top-3 QB (which I dont think he ever does) then yes, you have to go with him.

That being said, Luck wont become a top-3 QB.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
If Luck becomes a top-3 QB (which I dont think he ever does) then yes, you have to go with him.

Says the guy with a Tebow avatar.

What don't you like about Andrew Luck?

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:

Says the guy with a Tebow avatar.

What don't you like about Andrew Luck?

He looks like a caveman. Quarterback is so easy that even a caveman can do it.
CanadianBronco

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luck was the most "sure thing" prospect since Manning. You have to take that and secure your franchise QB for the next decade. Obviously there are no guarantees, but at that time it wasn't even certain that Manning would fully recover or be the player that he was for us last season.
Donut

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CanadianBronco wrote:
Luck was the most "sure thing" prospect since Manning. You have to take that and secure your franchise QB for the next decade. Obviously there are no guarantees, but at that time it wasn't even certain that Manning would fully recover or be the player that he was for us last season.

I feel like the "sure thing" is why people dislike him. He was great last season and imo best rookie QB and had hardest job of all 3 of them. but it is just popular to dislike Luck. People try to discredit him. Its also popular to love RG3 and people overrate him and give way to much credit(ex. discrediting Morris to credit RG3 more).
thebestever6

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donut wrote:
CanadianBronco wrote:

I feel like the "sure thing" is why people dislike him. He was great last season and imo best rookie QB and had hardest job of all 3 of them. but it is just popular to dislike Luck. People try to discredit him. Its also popular to love RG3 and people overrate him and give way to much credit(ex. discrediting Morris to credit RG3 more).

I completely disagree stats wise rg3 had a way better year 27 total touchdowns 65% completion percentage. If anything people overate Luck because of his fourth quarter comeback wins.

Big Palooka wrote:
germ-x

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebestever6 wrote:
Donut wrote:
CanadianBronco wrote:

I completely disagree stats wise rg3 had a way better year 27 total touchdowns 65% completion percentage. If anything people overate Luck because of his fourth quarter comeback wins.

I don't agree with this. Robert Griffin III is protected in the offense and from what i saw, was asked to make a lot of pass plays with a designed target. Mike Shanahan has always been able to make a QB's life easy, and RGIII wasn't any different. A good scheme and play design is what led to RGIII's statistics. If he were asked to carry the load and make the plays that Luck was asked to do in Indianapolis he wouldn't have had the statistical season he did.

Andrew Luck is the better QB and with experience + talent built around him i think he will become one of the best QB's in the league..
thebestever6

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
thebestever6 wrote:
Donut wrote:
CanadianBronco wrote:

I don't agree with this. Robert Griffin III is protected in the offense and from what i saw, was asked to make a lot of pass plays with a designed target. Mike Shanahan has always been able to make a QB's life easy, and RGIII wasn't any different. A good scheme and play design is what led to RGIII's statistics. If he were asked to carry the load and make the plays that Luck was asked to do in Indianapolis he wouldn't have had the statistical season he did.

Andrew Luck is the better QB and with experience + talent built around him i think he will become one of the best QB's in the league..

You could say the same thing about Bruce Arians he has worked well in the past with Quarterbacks and their schemes.Big Ben had his best years with Arians.

Big Palooka wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: